UNIONS Good or Bad for this Country ???

American I Am

Sep 10, 2009
I for one believe that even on their worst day, their good for the blue collar worker.

Unless of course you want to work for a Company, live in a Co-op house, and shop at a Co-op store.

Without the Unions, decent pay, pay raises, benefits and retirement would be non-existent.

A lot of people ( Those without Union Representation ) I believe hate unions, because of their jealousy. I believe they should fight to UNIONIZE!!!!

Have any of You listened to Rush, Beck & Hannity and noticed how they complained about people having class envy against them. Then through mis-direction they started bashing unions, and now everyone wants to bash unions. Now I ask you, why would Rush, Beck & Hannity bash unions, unless it's because maybe they have class envy, they say it's lonely at the top, who knows maybe it is. Let me know what You think.

Well, I guess it's back to working for the Company, living in a Company House, shopping at the Company store, until I ask for a pay raise, without union representation.

Then the next thing You know I'm living with my family in a cardboard box in Shanty Town, warming my hands over a 55 gallon barrel that's burning trash.

I don't believe Union Boss's are any worse the CEO's, Boards of Directors, or CFO's of big conglomerate companies, I think we have Corporation greed and NAFTA to thank for the downfall of the middle class, more so than union boss's.

---------------------------------------AMERICA'S NEW HI WAGE JOB POSTINGS-----------------------------------

Taco Bell, Burger King, Lowe's, Walmart, Eat'n Park, Apple Bee's, Mcdonalds

So much to look forward to, I just don't know where to start!!!

I for one believe that even on their worst day, their good for the blue collar worker.

Unless of course you want to work for a Company, live in a Co-op house, and shop at a Co-op store.

Without the Unions, decent pay, pay raises, benefits and retirement would be non-existent.

A lot of people ( Those without Union Representation ) I believe hate unions, because of their jealousy. I believe they should fight to UNIONIZE!!!!

Have any of You listened to Rush, Beck & Hannity and noticed how they complained about people having class envy against them. Then through mis-direction they started bashing unions, and now everyone wants to bash unions. Now I ask you, why would Rush, Beck & Hannity bash unions, unless it's because maybe they have class envy, they say it's lonely at the top, who knows maybe it is. Let me know what You think.

Fuck unions, i used to work for a union company, i was better at my job and worked harder than the other members, but could not be rewarded for my performance. I was paid the same rate as the other members who were lazy and stupid for the most part. I left that company and quickly moved up Operations Manager for a non union company and am being compensated much better than before. So you're wrong again, corky......

National Unions are EXACTLY what they were created to fight . BIG Business.

When the unions were at full strength maybe 50 years ago, I would have said yes, they were bad for the country, but now. During the Reagan years and beyond, unions have been servilely weaken. If things continue as they are, collective bargaining will become a thing of pass.

When the unions were at full strength maybe 50 years ago, I would have said yes, they were bad for the country, but now. During the Reagan years and beyond, unions have been servilely weaken. If things continue as they are, collective bargaining will become a thing of pass.

And this is bad?

What the fuck is the point of the DOL and labor laws?

And this is bad?

Exactly, those laws are now strong enough to make unions unnecessary.....

And this is bad?

Exactly, those laws are now strong enough to make unions unnecessary.....

AMEN!!!!

4503.end_2D00_of_2D00_thread_5F00_do_2D00_not_2D00_post_2D00_more.jpg

Do You actually believe that the Dept of Labor has your back or mine?

I know a few people that are employed by companies such as Walmart, who are kept under 40hrs, more like 20hrs a week. They work 3hrs on this day, 4hrs on the next day, maybe 6hrs on a saturday, and another 5hrs on Sunday. Their pay hasn't changed in years, they don't have benefits, because you have to have 40hrs to be considered full time. The last few years Walmart was posting record profits, I think Walmart employees could seriously use a Union. Not to mention that a lot of these people have College degrees, and we all know there is nothing out there for High paying jobs, at least not anymore, since NAFTA took them north & south of the border.

Oh, I forgot to mention OHIO and WISCONSIN, will have hundreds of thousands of jobs paying $7.25hr as soon as their done busting the Unions up. Anyone interested in a new High paying state job, please send a resume to the New "Right to Work" states of Ohio & Wisconsin.

What I believe is this.....

That a Union Boss has my back more than a CEO, CFO, or Board Member especially if ENRON was still around, oops it's not, that/s right Corporate greed took that company down, along with a lot of peoples life savings.

Sorry Jeremy, but I just can't help wonder, what them non-union jobs are paying in China, Africa, Russia, Mexico, South America & India. Would you happen to have any idea?

National Unions are BIG BUSINESS. They have corporate headquarters where well paid bosses and employees that have NOTHING to do with the Unions they supposedly represent. They demand more dues every year, would rather have pay increases so as to charge more dues then work for accommodations that benefit rank and file. They would rather a company go tits up then make any concessions on ANY matter. And who pays when a company goes bankrupt and has to shutter its doors? Not the Corporate Union headquarters, just the locals that worked there.

They demand strikes and who suffers in a strike? The locals suffer, not the Union bosses. A local as a strike fund when it is gone none of the locals get shit, but the Union bosses and their NATIONAL employees do not lose a day of work or pay.

The Union bosses rob the locals left and right. Steal retirement funds, strike funds and insurance funds.

National Unions are EXACTLY what they were created to fight. Big Business.

Forum List

Back