Unions Get Waivers Bought With Political Cash

It's not about bashing. It's about exploding medical Costs being protected by Big Government. Nobody but Big Government could bring things from bad to worse. You see a White Knight, I see a Co-conspirator looking for a bigger share, running cover for a very corrupt Industry. I see with more accumulated Power, more denial of Service.

Apparently it is about you trying to change the subject to just general Healthcare law and union bashing.

Are you a paid useful tool for the Progressive party and Unions...?
just wondering

No I make you all look like faux news stooges pro bono.

Still ignoring the fact that practically no one offers any kind of health plan to part timers except unions and other bleeding hearts people like you are so fond of bashing.

It's not about bashing. It's about exploding medical Costs being protected by Big Government. Nobody but Big Government could bring things from bad to worse. You see a White Knight, I see a Co-conspirator looking for a bigger share, running cover for a very corrupt Industry. I see with more accumulated Power, more denial of Service.

Apparently it is about you trying to change the subject to just general Healthcare law and union bashing.

Apparently not. If the Law, which was signed into being before we even knew was in it, an abomination in itself, was so great, there would be no reason for Anyone to need Any kind of Waiver. You ignore reality, compound the damage, and try to fix it with arbitrary band-aids, very selectively. You do not address the abuses, you further insulate the abusers.

just wondering

nice try, but the facts are staring you in the face...UNIONS bought and paid for ObamaCare and now they are reaping the benefits for it...

I hope you people WAKE THE HELL UP and vote out this most corrupted administration we have ever seen..and enjoy PAYING for your ObamaCare while Unions don't have too.

Apparently not. If the Law, which was signed into being before we even knew was in it, an abomination in itself, was so great, there would be no reason for Anyone to need Any kind of Waiver. You ignore reality, compound the damage, and try to fix it with arbitrary band-aids, very selectively. You do not address the abuses, you further insulate the abusers.

Do I need to further define a temporary bridge program?

just wondering

nice try, but the facts are staring you in the face...UNIONS bought and paid for ObamaCare and now they are reaping the benefits for it...

I hope you people WAKE THE HELL UP and vote out this most corrupted administration we have ever seen..and enjoy PAYING for your ObamaCare while Unions don't have too.

I have already explained what this is and why your rabid foaming at the mouth is over nothing. If you cannot admit your anger was misplaced, at least slink away like the rest.

Like it or not, healthcare is changing. Up until now, some people have healthcare, and some don't; Now we're shifting to a new paradigm where virtually everyone will have healthcare. We're also defining what constitutes acceptable coverage to be considered "Health insurance."

The waivers are just making it a smoother transition. At the time annual caps become illegal, the exchanges become available, and the mandate kicks in; Ergo the employees in question a.) Might have a legal right to healthcare from their employer and/or b.) Might be able to purchase a private policy through the health exchanges.

The waivers just buffer the transition and prevent the same employers from dropping them in the meantime.

And that's all.

No, really, that's all.

Has this Administration ever released the criteria they've used to decide who gets a waiver, or can we just assume it's companies on the Dem Party donor list?

You know, like they decided who got stimulus funds.

Has this Administration ever released the criteria they've used to decide who gets a waiver, or can we just assume it's companies on the Dem Party donor list?

It's EVERYONE who offers a mini-med policy to their part time and seasonal employees, all they had to do was apply, keep up.

It's EVERYONE who offers a mini-med policy to their part time and seasonal employees, all they had to do was apply, keep up.

Yeah. That doesn't answer my question, does it?

Yes unless you are incapable of accepting a simple answer without a conspiracy theory attached, ANYONE who offered this particular kind of policy was eligible, ANYONE.

So, the waivers are for participation in the program, not a part of the program. You FAIL

Primary sources. Learn to use them.

The annual limit waivers are, as the name suggests, waivers specific to one paragraph of the law:

‘(2) ANNUAL LIMITS PRIOR TO 2014.—With respect to plan years beginning prior to January 1, 2014, a group health plan and a health insurance issuer offering group or individual health insurance coverage may only establish a restricted annual limit on the dollar value of benefits for any participant or beneficiary with respect to the scope of benefits that are essential health benefits under section 1302(b) of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, as determined by the Secretary. In defining the term ‘restricted annual limit’ for purposes of the preceding sentence, the Secretary shall ensure that access to needed services is made available with a minimal impact on premiums.​

A relatively small percentage of insurance plans in the United States limit the amount they'll pay out annually on behalf of a beneficiary. Annual limits are phased out between now and 2014. However, the law provides that during that period HHS should find a way to avoid significant service disruptions or premium increases as a result of the. For a limited set of plans offering extremely modest benefits, the only way to satisfy the statute is to grant them a time-limited waiver. These have nothing to do with the rest of the law outside that paragraph.

Apparently not. If the Law, which was signed into being before we even knew was in it, an abomination in itself, was so great, there would be no reason for Anyone to need Any kind of Waiver.

I hate to break it to you, but the part of the law in question here (the piece that phases out annual limits on health insurance policies between now and 2014) isn't going away. The GOP has endorsed the exact same policy.

Repeal and Replace the Job-Destroying Health Care Law - A Pledge to America - GOP.gov
We will make it illegal for an insurance company to deny coverage to someone with prior coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition, eliminate annual and lifetime spending caps, and prevent insurers from dropping your coverage just because you get sick.

GAO | Private Health Insurance: Waivers of Restrictions on Annual Limits on Health Benefits
CCIIO granted waivers on the basis of an application’s projected significant increase in premiums or significant reduction in access to health care benefits. According to CCIIO officials, applications with a projected premium increase of 10 percent or more tended to be approved while applications with a projected premium increase of 6 percent or less tended to be denied. Applications with a premium increase between 7 and 9 percent warranted additional staff reviews to determine if the application met the agency’s criteria. In corroboration, among our 5 percent sample of approved applications, we found that CCIIO granted waivers mostly for applications that projected the annual limit restriction would result in a significant premium increase of more than 10 percent, in addition to a significant decrease in access to benefits. Conversely, most of the denied applications projected a premium increase of 6 percent or less.

The approval rate for waiver applications was around 95 percent.

Yes unless you are incapable of accepting a simple answer without a conspiracy theory attached, ANYONE who offered this particular kind of policy was eligible, ANYONE.
How do you know that, exactly?

Forum List

Back