Unions defeated in Wisc., would any liberal dare defend them

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
A recent book says that the biggest scandal in union history came during WW 2 when union activity reduced war production by about about 25%!!!

In one case they refused to load a submarine until their working conditions were proper. Too bad their working conditions didn't include being bombed the way the sub crew's working conditions did.

Why are union people thugs? They are taught that they are victims entitled to steal from those who stole from them. This is the same tactic liberal marxists used to attack American blacks.

The Teamsters led organized labor in a pledged to refrain from all work stoppages for the duration of the war. Tobin fully susbscribed to this policy, maintaining that, "A man who quits work now without the consent and approval of his union -- which he cannot get -- is and should be and will be classed as an enemy of our nation and of our government."

Buy War Bonds

The National Conference of Teamsters was formed to help meet the economic and military crisis facing the U.S. by actively promoting war bonds. Teamsters local unions, joint councils, and regional conferences followed suit, raising more than $2 million in war bonds during the first 18 months of the war. And, the Teamsters offered to give the government an interest-free loan of $8 million from its treasury to help with World War II. President Franklin Roosevelt politely declined the offer, but stated, "(Your offer) should be an example to the whole country."

The Teamsters determination to make sure Allied Forces were victorious did not stop there. The union invested 60% of its liquid assets in U.S. Treasury bonds during World War II. And it continued to buy bonds as a show of support.The union invested 60% of its liquid assets in U.S. Treasury bonds during World War II. And it continued to buy bonds as a show of support.
World War II | Teamsters Local 638

Last edited:
The Teamsters led organized labor in a pledged to refrain from all work stoppages for the duration of the war. Tobin fully susbscribed to this policy, maintaining that, "A man who quits work now without the consent and approval of his union -- which he cannot get -- is and should be and will be classed as an enemy of our nation and of our government."

Buy War Bonds

The National Conference of Teamsters was formed to help meet the economic and military crisis facing the U.S. by actively promoting war bonds. Teamsters local unions, joint councils, and regional conferences followed suit, raising more than $2 million in war bonds during the first 18 months of the war. And, the Teamsters offered to give the government an interest-free loan of $8 million from its treasury to help with World War II. President Franklin Roosevelt politely declined the offer, but stated, "(Your offer) should be an example to the whole country."

The Teamsters determination to make sure Allied Forces were victorious did not stop there. The union invested 60% of its liquid assets in U.S. Treasury bonds during World War II. And it continued to buy bonds as a show of support.The union invested 60% of its liquid assets in U.S. Treasury bonds during World War II. And it continued to buy bonds as a show of support.

ask the sub commander whose mission was greatly delayed at the cost of many lives thanks to the union thugs

Buy War Bonds

ask the sub commander whose mission was greatly delayed at the cost of many lives thanks to the union thugs

Most of the unions had a no strike policy during the war and took pay cuts to support the War, and I believe the Public Teachers Union took a 5% pay cut to help the war effort.

Most of the unions had a no strike policy during the war and took pay cuts to support the War, and I believe the Public Teachers Union took a 5% pay cut to help the war effort.

Ford Richmond Assembly Plant - Labor During WWIIfordmotorhistory.com/factories/richmond/labor_wwii.phpCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Workers staged work stoppages in 3000 separate instances across the country in 1942 and ... Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union prevented such behavior.

Ford Richmond Assembly Plant - Labor During WWIIfordmotorhistory.com/factories/richmond/labor_wwii.phpCached
Workers staged work stoppages in 3000 separate instances across the country in 1942 and ... Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union prevented such behavior.

Work stoppage is different from a strike and can be done by managment but i would have to see the source from the web site to get more info...but I do know the automakers unions had a no strike policy during WW2.

Work stoppage is different from a strike and can be done by managment but i would have to see the source from the web site to get more info...but I do know the automakers unions had a no strike policy during WW2.

They refused to load submarines and on balance cost us 25% of war production and God knows how many lives.

Unions should be illegal again so they have to work for what they are worth just like the rest of us rather than for what legalized violence will get them at our expense.

They refused to load submarines and on balance cost us 25% of war production and God knows how many lives.

Unions should be illegal again so they have to work for what they are worth just like the rest of us rather than for what legalized violence will get them at our expense.

Farther off the ledge than I have read in a long time.

Yay! Republicans are cheering lower wages and no benefits. Yay!​

The GOP has rewritten the American Dream. Good luck on that!

Yay! Republicans are cheering lower wages and no benefits. Yay

actually higher wages for tax payers not those who steal from taxpayers. see why we are positive a liberal will be slow

The GOP has rewritten the American Dream. Good luck on that!

the American dream is to use government to steal wages from others who don't steal but earn their wages??

Forum List

Back