Unions Ain't the Problem Here Republicans

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I just heard on the radio that Mexico has the most free trade agreements. They work with something like 45 other countries. Anyways, lately I've been asking why Ford doesn't move their plants down south instead of to Mexico. I'd be ok with Ford moving from a union state to a non union state but they don't go to the American south. They go to Mexico. I just found out why.

If Ford ships a car to Europe it is slapped with a 10% tariff. If a car is shipped from Mexico to Europe it is not. So to manufacture a $45,000 car here in America and ship it to Europe would cost Ford an extra $4500. No shit Ford is moving plants to Mexico. We need to fix this. Free trade isn't fair.

Why Auto Makers Are Building New Factories in Mexico not the U.S. - WSJ

Uummmm, their manufacturing costs are also much, much, much lower. Around $8 per hour in Mexico as opposed to an average $40 per hour in the US....... So it's a combination of tariffs and labor costs.
Why your next car could be made in Mexico - CBS News
I don't want to lower wages in America to compete with mexico, just get rid of the unfair tariff that's hurting us.

I bet you're a Republican who won't stay on topic. You'll try to change the subject to unions.

Did you see the part where I said I would be okay if Ford moved their plants down to American southern states rather than Mexico but the reason Ford doesn't do that is because they would still be slapped with that 10 percent tariff. So basically I know now why Ford doesn't move down to Alabama or Mississippi to avoid union wages. I would be completely okay if Ford wanted to go down to a southern state because those southern workers would be employed and paying taxes and providing an income to their families and keeping the money in America.

Uummmm, their manufacturing costs are also much, much, much lower. Around $8 per hour in Mexico as opposed to an average $40 per hour in the US....... So it's a combination of tariffs and labor costs.
I don't want to lower wages in America to compete with mexico, just get rid of the unfair tariff that's hurting us.

I bet you're a Republican who won't stay on topic. You'll try to change the subject to unions.

Did you see the part where I said I would be okay if Ford moved their plants down to American southern states rather than Mexico but the reason Ford doesn't do that is because they would still be slapped with that 10 percent tariff. So basically I know now why Ford doesn't move down to Alabama or Mississippi to avoid union wages. I would be completely okay if Ford wanted to go down to a southern state because those southern workers would be employed and paying taxes and providing an income to their families and keeping the money in America.
Bet you're a idiot.
Where did I do anything but post a factual link and make a simple statement as to (the total reason), based on the article why manufactures are moving to Mexico? Guess that makes me a Republican in your mind...... :lmao:
I saw what you wrote about having no problem with moving to one of the Right-to-Work states and I said absolutely nothing about it because, surprise, surprise, I wasn't addressing that part of you post.
You can now return to your regularly scheduled stupidity. :thup:

Bet you're a idiot.
Where did I do anything but post a factual link and make a simple statement as to (the total reason), based on the article why manufactures are moving to Mexico? Guess that makes me a Republican in your mind...... :lmao:
I saw what you wrote about having no problem with moving to one of the Right-to-Work states and I said absolutely nothing about it because, surprise, surprise, I wasn't addressing that part of you post.

I guess I can't tell Ford not to manufacture cars in mexico and sell to Europe but I would try to eliminate that unfair tariff. Then maybe we beat them on quality or we make less of a profit, still a profit, just to keep that market share.

Interesting other countries tariff us but we don't back. That's because the corporations and politicians they own don't like American workers. We make too much and must be destroyed.

Yeah Mexico, Central and South America is so fuckin' great that 30 million of them have moved up here due to "Free not Fair Trade Agreements" like NAFTA.

Massive thread fail.

Bet you're a idiot.
Do you have any opinion about the ten% tariff we get that mexico don't?

We know trade with china isn't fair. Any surprise the same thing goes for our trade with mexico?

Yeah Mexico, Central and South America is so fuckin' great that 30 million of them have moved up here due to "Free not Fair Trade Agreements" like NAFTA.

Massive thread fail.
What? Just because the wealth in mexico is all going to the top 10% richest and isn't trickling down to the people, well, does that sound familiar? Exactly what's happening here in America.

Also, you're an idiot.

And can you even comment on the ten % tariff American Ford has to pay but mexico Ford doesn't? Becha you can't. Bet you have no value to add. God I hate pussies like you.

Bet you're a idiot.

I guess I can't tell Ford not to manufacture cars in mexico and sell to Europe but I would try to eliminate that unfair tariff. Then maybe we beat them on quality or we make less of a profit, still a profit, just to keep that market share.

Interesting other countries tariff us but we don't back. That's because the corporations and politicians they own don't like American workers. We make too much and must be destroyed.
Yup we do have our enemies in this global game of chess........

Idiot Republicans one day will argue t

Massive thread fail.
Do you not realize that not only are Mexicans coming here and getting hired by corporations aka illegal employers corporations are ALSO sending are jobs there.

Omg you're so fucking stupid.

Bet you're a idiot.
Do you have any opinion about the ten% tariff we get that mexico don't?

We know trade with china isn't fair. Any surprise the same thing goes for our trade with mexico?
Do I have an opinion about it? Since it's mostly uninformed (referencing the totality of everything related), no, not really.

OMG! Did you know that Corporations write Free Trade Deals that Congress passes? OMG! Did you know that Illegal Aliens get hired up here for less pay but get lots more Social Benefits paid for by Stoopid American Taxpayers?

OMG yer so stoopid!

Did you just get yer hair did?

Bet you're a idiot.

And I can tell you this. In fact I'll even agree with true Christians and I've heard some conservatives and republicans even make this point.

Free trade was a step to raise the standard of living for all people. So I think America will figure it out. In fact all those countries hopefully the workers are unionizing. I know many countries have unions cause my brothers job is negotiating with them.

Long story short we need to eliminate unfair breaks for importers and unfair tariff on American exporters.

I lost track. Another point is companies will now have us compete with other nations where before states competed for the business. Now companies can jump from mexico to India to Africa to china.

Any smart country not controlled by corporations wouldn't run things this way.

OMG! Did you know that Corporations write Free Trade Deals that Congress passes? OMG! Did you know that Illegal Aliens get hired up here for less pay but get lots more Social Benefits paid for by Stoopid American Taxpayers?

OMG yer so stoopid!

Did you just get yer hair did?
Which candidate would fix this? Trump and Bernie Sanders only.

Trump wont fix shit. Sanders wont fix shit. Why are you waiting for a Super Hero to come along and solve everything?

The only way to turn the US around is at the local level. Everyone has been asleep since 1945 so it could take two or three generations.

Bet you're a idiot.

And I can tell you this. In fact I'll even agree with true Christians and I've heard some conservatives and republicans even make this point.

Free trade was a step to raise the standard of living for all people. So I think America will figure it out. In fact all those countries hopefully the workers are unionizing. I know many countries have unions cause my brothers job is negotiating with them.

Long story short we need to eliminate unfair breaks for importers and unfair tariff on American exporters.

I lost track. Another point is companies will now have us compete with other nations where before states competed for the business. Now companies can jump from mexico to India to Africa to china.

One thing I do know is there's always a give and take with international treaties, tariffs, etc which is why I highlighted the "totality". As for your claim that American (and many other countries) are controlled by corporations........ I'll take that with the mountain of salt and deodorizers that automatically precedes almost every conspiracy theory. :thup:

Bet you're a idiot.

One thing I do know is there's always a give and take with international treaties, tariffs, etc which is why I highlighted the "totality". As for your claim that American (and many other countries) are controlled by corporations........ I'll take that with the mountain of salt and deodorizers that automatically precedes almost every conspiracy theory. :thup:
While you call it a theory they are conspiring against you.

Corporations have gone international big time. Pepsi and Ford are no longer American corporations.

I don't have all the answers but I don't think anyone believes trade is fair with countries like mexico and china. But try to tell mad scientist and his advice is for me to start with my city councilman. Lol

Bet you're a idiot.

Corporations have gone international big time. Pepsi and Ford are no longer American corporations.

I don't have all the answers but I don't think anyone believes trade is fair with countries like mexico and china. But try to tell mad scientist and his advice is for me to start with my city councilman. Lol
Okie dokie.

(Psst!!! I really don't give a shit....... ). :thup:

Okie dokie.

(Psst!!! I really don't give a shit....... ). :thup:
Well imagine you are not exceptional for a moment. Because we all know you're going to retire with millions. Imagine you're the average American today vs my union parents growing up. They made a great wage right out of highschool and saved a fortune. Now they have money a pension social security and medicare.

Compare that to the average American now. In debt, renting, huge collage loans, hasn't gotten a raise in years in fact took a step back, not saving a dime.

Fast forward to their retirement. There won't be any retirement and most will die broke.

Same thing the great depression produced. Why do you think we came up with unions and the new deal to begin with?

Anyways, I'm 44, home almost paid off, hundreds of thousands saved plus my parents are going to leave me $. So I'm not worried about it either. I don't want another economic crash like in 2007 though so I'm gonna speak up.

Forum List

Back