Unionized GM plant adds third shift

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
ARLINGTON -- General Motors will add a third shift and about 800 jobs to its Arlington truck assembly plant early next year, the company announced Friday, a boost that adds to previously announced expansions.

In total, GM will now add upwards of 1,100 employees to the Arlington plant's payroll in the next year as it prepares to launch a new line of large SUVs for the 2014 model year. Workers have been putting in overtime to meet production demands for the plant's SUVs.

Read more here: GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

That's fantastic ! I guess the citizenry in BRICS will be awaiting them.
Hint: That's not actually a sign of "recovery". It's a sign of developing countries citizens looking to be CONnedSumers.

I thought the unions were evil and greedy that cause businesses to shut down? :lmao:

union_yes.jpg

ARLINGTON -- General Motors will add a third shift and about 800 jobs to its Arlington truck assembly plant early next year, the company announced Friday, a boost that adds to previously announced expansions.

In total, GM will now add upwards of 1,100 employees to the Arlington plant's payroll in the next year as it prepares to launch a new line of large SUVs for the 2014 model year. Workers have been putting in overtime to meet production demands for the plant's SUVs.

Read more here: GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

Yup, If I had Millions of Taxpayers Money, I could get my Business back going too :)

If the left is able to think without becoming hysterical they might consider that there are two types of unions. Labor unions make products that we presumably purchase and Municipal unions are paid by taxpayers including labor union workers. Even a high profile democrat like Rahm Emanuel who was elected mayor of Chicago is fighting municipal unions who are sucking the City dry with elaborate demands. My guess is that the Chevy plant in Texas hired a 3rd shift in spite of unions not because of them.

Obama saved GM.

Romney said, "Let Detroit go bankrupt."

and GM said back, "no chance we'll build Yukons and Escalades in Michigan, but rather in right-to-work Texas"

...and the union was forced to work with GM here, because unlike in Michigan, they can't force these newly hired workers to pay union dues

The growth at Arlington validates local union leaders' decisions over the years to work with plant management.

"We decided a long time ago to take a different approach," said Belinda Langley, the union's shop chairwoman at the plant. "We want to make sure GM is successful."

GM adding 800 jobs at Arlington plant | Business | Dallas Business, Texas Business, Fort...

I thought the unions were evil and greedy that cause businesses to shut down? :lmao:

union_yes.jpg
They do, that will last for a few years, until the employees retire at 50 will full salaries the rest of their lives, WOOOHHOOO more inflation in the price of automobiles, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

union_yes.jpg
They do, that will last for a few years, until the employees retire at 50 will full salaries the rest of their lives, WOOOHHOOO more inflation in the price of automobiles, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

when's the last time you bought a GM product? They fall apart before you get them paid for.

Forum List

Back