Union Thugs Invoke Jesus To Bash Wal Mart

not for long..and richest poor is a very relative and esoteric term

I make a conscious effort to not purchase goods made in china
and if i am required to i select used or rebuilt over new
it is more of a symbolic gesture on my part and i realize that in its self makes little difference and that the fight against the globalist communist elite is the true battle to be fought

not for long..and richest poor is a very relative and esoteric term

I make a conscious effort to not purchase goods made in china
and if i am required to i select used or rebuilt over new
it is more of a symbolic gesture on my part and i realize that in its self makes little difference and that the fight against the globalist communist elite is the true battle to be fought

The term richest poor is very accurate.

The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various government reports:

Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Welfare/bg1713.cfm

there is a every widening gap between Rich and poor which to me means
growing poverty, as i said its all relative so being better off than communist china is of little comfort the consumer goods mentioned have been on the market for 20 yrs now so this no surprise households have a t.v or microwave,
or dishwater i used to work at a landfill a working consumer goods are thrower out on mass , this is not the hallmark of of a strong middle class comparing ourselves to the poorest of the poor says about all that needs to be said wal mart does not represent true Conservative values and in fact are the recipients of what amounts to cooperate welfare

Libs keep screaming about the "poverty" in America. I am clearly showing the "poor" have it pretty damn good in America

If you want to see real poverty - go outside the US.

at least thats funny....cant stand either of those gores...
yet its really irrelavent i wouldint argue for a miniute in support of gore or clinton or any of these NWO globalist republican /democrate nonsense
Americas at war theres no time for that ,americas under attack

To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, loyalty to family tradition, national patriotism and religious dogmas ...
We have swallowed all manner of poisonous certainties fed us by our parents, our Sunday and day school teachers, our politicians, our priests, our newspapers and others with vested interests in controlling us.

The reinterpretation and eventual eradication of the concept of right and wrong which has been the basis of child training, the substitution of intelligent and rational thinking for faith in the certainties of the old people, these are the belated objectives ... for charting the changes of human behavior.

DIRECTOR, WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION Brock Chisolm

"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or promulgated [emphasis mine], that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

"The world can therefore seize the opportunity (Persian Gulf crisis) to fulfill the long-held promise of a New World Order where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind."

George Herbert Walker Bush

"The New World Order will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down...but in the end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault."

CFR member Richard Gardner, writing in the April l974 issue of the CFR's journal, Foreign Affairs

Wal Mart is like the US economy - it keeps growing, booming, and pissing off liberals with all the good news

Dow hits another record as crude prices drop

By TIM PARADIS and MADLEN READ

NEW YORK — Investors regained some swagger Thursday, sending the Dow Jones industrials to another record close after oil prices plunged and a drop in jobless claims indicated the economy wasn't slowing too quickly.

Light, sweet crude, which has already declined 15 percent in 2007, fell to its lowest level since May 2005, settling down $2.14 to $51.88 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. It was the lowest settlement price since May 27, 2005.

A pullback by investment funds and an unusually warm winter has unnerved some investors, and in recent days suggested that a period of enormous profits at energy companies might be nearing an end.

"I think low oil prices are good for everybody that doesn't make oil, and the market is starting to realize that not everyone makes oil," said Scott Merritt, a U.S. equity strategist at JPMorgan Asset Management.

Of course, the energy markets are volatile, and if crude bounces back up to $60 a barrel, pump prices wouldn't budge much. Factors that could cause oil to rise again are the possibility of escalating tension in the Middle East.

The Wall Street Journal reported that a senior member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries said OPEC's ministers will consider the need for an emergency meeting to weigh what the group should do to halt the slide in oil prices.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday that it expects warmer-than-normal weather in the Northern United States to continue through March. This winter has caused a glut in petroleum products.

Crude oil's steep decline follows an eight-year bull market, which led oil from a low of $10.35 a barrel in 1998 to a record intraday high above $78 last summer.

Global Insight energy analyst Kevin Lindemer said that typically, for every dollar the price of crude goes down, you'll see a corresponding 2- to 2.5-cent drop in prices at the gas pump.

In other economic news, the Labor Department said the number of newly laid off workers seeking unemployment benefits fell to a six-month low last week, dropping by 26,000 to 299,000 on a seasonally adjusted basis.

On Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average rose 72.82, or 0.59 percent, to 12,514.98, topping the previous record close, which came Dec. 27, by 4.41 points. It marked the Dow's 23rd record close since October. Broader stock indicators also rose.

Also Thursday, heating oil dipped 4.51 cents to $1.4804 a gallon. Gasoline futures fell 3.87 cents to $1.3905 a gallon. Natural gas prices dipped 46.3 cents to settle at $6.292 per million British thermal units.

Wal-Mart economy keeps lid on US inflation: study

The "rock-bottom" pricing strategy used by retail giant Wal-Mart has filtered into the US economy and kept a lid on inflation, according to a study commissioned by the company and released.
The study by the economic research firm Global Insight concluded that the discounting along with other measures led to cumulative savings for consumers of 263 billion dollars between 1985 and 2004, or 895 dollars per person.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/topstory/4465400.html

The researchers concluded that Wal-Mart had a positive impact on US employment, generating 210,000 jobs by 2004, or 0.15 percent more that would have existed without Wal-Mart.

The report also found that Wal-Mart's low pay for employees led to a 2.2 percent drop in overall wages across the economy but maintained that this was offset by falling consumer prices.

"Consumers earned less in nominal dollars, but their income bought them more in the economy with Wal-Mart because of real disposable income gains," the study concluded.

The study drew criticism from Wal-Mart's chief detractors, who argue that the company benefits from a variety of public subsidies while depressing wages.

Tracy Sefl, spokeswoman for Wal-Mart Watch, a leading critic of the company, said her group's research, based on data from congressional reports, concludes that Wal-Mart benefits from at least 1.5 billion dollars in public subsidies each year.

Additionally, Sefl noted other reports showing retail workers lost 4.7 billion dollars as a result of depressed wages and that nearly half of the children of Wal-Mart employees qualify for the government's Medicaid health program for the needy.

"Wal-Mart is only telling part of the story, which is not the same as telling the whole story," Sefl said.

Global Insight concluded that over the 1985-2004 period, Wal-Mart led to to 9.1 percent decline in food prices, a 4.2 percent decline in prices of other goods and a 3.1 percent decline in overall consumer prices.

The research firm found Wal-Mart led to a 0.75 percent improvement in the overall efficiency of the economy, based on capital intensity and lower import prices.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/04/051104175027.waok0hd4.html

Forum List

Back