Union spending on elections

The Koch Bros. are expected to give 400 million to Pub campaigns this year.

links please and not think progress either:lol:.

Also on every network Sunday show. Not on the Pub propaganda Machine? LOL

I think it's great billionnaires are giving 80% of Pub needs, you incredible tool of the greedy rich...We know what unions want....

.../233607-union-spending-on-elections-2.htmlWhere[/url] you come in | Democrats.org
Jun 27, 2012 ... He'll be outspent if Republican super PACs and shadow groups continue to ...
Consider this fact: The Koch brothers alone are expected to spend $400 million
in this election. ... But even without the outside groups, the Romney campaign is
... of its donations coming from individuals who give $1000 or more.

Where you come in | Democrats.org - CachedThe President's Never-Ending Campaign for Cash (Guest Voice ...
Jun 22, 2012 ... A GOP Congressman with Common Sense and Guts Speaks Out on ... As one
counter-response, Obama is borrowing on the power of entertainers to give big
bucks ... Cher and many others who make more in one year that most people ...
but when the Koch brothers can spend $400 million, more than the ...

themoderatevoice.com/.../the-president’s-never-ending-campaign-for-cash/ - CachedThe Funding Tells a Story | The Handle
Jun 26, 2012 ... People give to candidates that will fight for their interests. ... groups linked to the
billionaire Koch brothers is expected to be $400 million, which is more than John
McCain spent in his entire presidential campaign just four years ago. ... are
powering Republican campaigns, while smaller donations and labor ...

The Funding Tells a Story | The Handle - CachedWisconsinizing America | thepinoyweekly.com
Jun 16, 2012 ... LAST June 8, 2012, Republican presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney
... The Obama campaign immediately went on the attack, releasing a video ... in
non-defense budget cuts over 10 years from programs for the poor. ... The Koch
brothers are expected to contribute $400 million and Karl Rove's ...

thepinoyweekly.com/?p=7195 - CachedCampaign Finance News - (Super PACs)
Commentary and archival information about campaign finance from The New
York Times. ... and David Koch, for example, have pledged to raise as much as
$400 million .... conservative donors hosted twice a year by the billionaire Koch
brothers. ... the leading Republican super PAC, took in $51 million in 2011 and
expects ...

topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/.../subjects/.../campaign.../index.html - Cached - SimilarDaily Kos: Adelson to give Kochs another $10 million to defeat ...
Jun 30, 2012 ... But while spending nearly $50 million might seem like a lot, Adelson ...
Republicans: He's said the amount he expects to spend is "limitless" ..... Koch/
Rove/Romney campaign. .... He's thrown away 30 years of our lives and made us
all .... place near the top of the Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans to ...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ther-10-million-to-defeat-Obama-and-Democrats - Cached

Last edited:
It seems that unions also have to report time their employees spend doing political activities, they just don't have to report them to the FEC.

Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations - WSJ.com

Unions managed to spend more money in 2008 than Obama did, I wonder who got the benefit of all that spending.

wsj-unionspending.jpg

I got some of it.

Pure pubcrappe, another stupid "revelation" for the dupes. Throw in lobbying as if it's campaign money.

Corporations spend 30-50x as much last I heard...

Pure pubcrappe, another stupid "revelation" for the dupes. Throw in lobbying as if it's campaign money.

Corporations spend 30-50x as much last I heard...

Last you heard anything that was accurate Nixon was president.

It seems that unions also have to report time their employees spend doing political activities, they just don't have to report them to the FEC.

Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations - WSJ.com

Unions managed to spend more money in 2008 than Obama did, I wonder who got the benefit of all that spending.

wsj-unionspending.jpg

Well, look at how the auto industry takeover benefitted them. And I'm sure stimulus money went to shore up union coffers.

Unions donate to the GOP all the time. (insert you shitting your pants)
Yeah. A nickel here and there, as opposed to the billions they give Dems.

And can you show where the union membership is polled to see where their money should go?

Don't bother looking, because it doesn't happen. Union leadership dictates to the proles who they support.

You must be the idiot people keep referring to in the flame zone when they mock each other if they "dave"
So you CAN'T show that union members are polled to see where their dues should be donated.

Not at all surprising.

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.
Suppose your union decided to donate to the GOP?

Your pants-shitting would be epic.

I think they already do donate to both sides..... they grease as many palms as they can shake... hedging their bets.
Yes, but the Dems get the greatest share.

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Wrong. Unions are nothing more than legalized extortion rackets. They may raise the wages of their members, but they lower the wages of those who have been excluded from taking jobs from unionized employers.

You keep telling yourself that. If you enjoy 40 hour work weeks, overtime pay, weekends off, fair wages, and fair benefits, thank a union.

I'm not in a union...same job for 20 years....and i get ALL of that.
My husband works at the same place i do, 15 yrs, in the factory with a crappy union.
I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN HE DOES!

Union jobs are difficult to get. If you are in a field that has unions, there likely will be substantially more that are non union.

Things like this are another classic example of calling out the right wing trash.

Right winger = "Buut buuuut I had to join the union or else I couldn't get a job!"

Sane person = "You mean you joined the union because they were the only ones offering you fair pay, fair benefits, advancement in your field, and an otherwise better quality of life that the non-union counterparts couldn't come close to?"

Right winger = "Crickets,...."

:lol:....union jobs are EASY to get so long as you pay the dues....
And it's not like you have to excel at the job. As a matter of fact, it's frowned upon. Sometimes violently.

Right....they can't do anything that "isn't" under the union contract either. The company i work for opened another plant about 30 miles away in Grand Rapids...
Here the factory is union, in GR it's not. Last week they wanted to send one of the workers up to GR to help with some things and was told he couldn't, because he would be doing a non-union job for that day. A Supervisor can't move a box from one location to another, because he isn't in the union and would be taking "union" work away from the union worker. Those union workers really don't care, but it gives them a reason to bitch and write the Supervisor up.

I hate unions!

:lol:....union jobs are EASY to get so long as you pay the dues....
And it's not like you have to excel at the job. As a matter of fact, it's frowned upon. Sometimes violently.

Right....they can't do anything that "isn't" under the union contract either. The company i work for opened another plant about 30 miles away in Grand Rapids...
Here the factory is union, in GR it's not. Last week they wanted to send one of the workers up to GR to help with some things and was told he couldn't, because he would be doing a non-union job for that day. A Supervisor can't move a box from one location to another, because he isn't in the union and would be taking "union" work away from the union worker. Those union workers really don't care, but it gives them a reason to bitch and write the Supervisor up.

I hate unions!
They really do little for the workers besides protect the lazy and incompetent.

Forum List

Back