Union spending on elections

Union funding of any one party is a misuse of member dues. They are donating to candidates without permission of the members making it dictatorial and complete subservient to the union's desire.

Then don't join a union.
The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Of course you know its not that easy. You may want the jog.... the employer may want you have the job..... if you DON'T want to join the union... guess what... no job for you.

It seems that unions also have to report time their employees spend doing political activities, they just don't have to report them to the FEC.

Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations - WSJ.com

Unions managed to spend more money in 2008 than Obama did, I wonder who got the benefit of all that spending.

wsj-unionspending.jpg

Parties, bribes, paying thugs, under the table deals...... stander union spending.

Union funding of any one party is a misuse of member dues. They are donating to candidates without permission of the members making it dictatorial and complete subservient to the union's desire.

Then don't join a union.
The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Of course you know its not that easy. You may want the jog.... the employer may want you have the job..... if you DON'T want to join the union... guess what... no job for you.

Union jobs are difficult to get. If you are in a field that has unions, there likely will be substantially more that are non union.

Things like this are another classic example of calling out the right wing trash.

Right winger = "Buut buuuut I had to join the union or else I couldn't get a job!"

Sane person = "You mean you joined the union because they were the only ones offering you fair pay, fair benefits, advancement in your field, and an otherwise better quality of life that the non-union counterparts couldn't come close to?"

Right winger = "Crickets,...."

Last edited:
The Koch Bros. are expected to give 400 million to Pub campaigns this year.

Unions have given that much every year since 2005.

I'm sure you have proof to back that claim up, or else it's more ultra-right wing lies that make you and the rest of the GOP show you are nothing but a bunch of lying sacks of shit,...

Do I have proof?

1. The info graphic in my OP clearly shows that unions have spent upwards of $400 million on campaigns every single year since 2005.
  2. The numbers that back that up are in the article I posted a link to.
  3. The numbers have been sourced to FEC and the Department of Labor.
  4. A complete analysis of the data is available at OpenSecrets.org, a source regularly cited by MSNBC.
Nope, sorry, I got nothing. :badgrin::tongue:

Unions have given that much every year since 2005.

I'm sure you have proof to back that claim up, or else it's more ultra-right wing lies that make you and the rest of the GOP show you are nothing but a bunch of lying sacks of shit,...

Do I have proof?

1. The info graphic in my OP clearly shows that unions have spent upwards of $400 million on campaigns every single year since 2005.
  2. The numbers that back that up are in the article I posted a link to.
  3. The numbers have been sourced to FEC and the Department of Labor.
  4. A complete analysis of the data is available at OpenSecrets.org, a source regularly cited by MSNBC.
Nope, sorry, I got nothing. :badgrin::tongue:

Sorry Quantum, but it is a lot more than what you have links for. I apologize it was six years not five.

From hot dogs to slick ads: Unions spent $4.4 billion on politics in past 6 years | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

A Wall Street Journal analysis of political spending unveiled Tuesday found that organized labor groups dropped a combined $4.4 billion on political activities between 2006 and 2011, about four times more than previously estimated.
The Journal cast a wide net to determine what counted as "political spending," including activities that range from traditional candidate donations to the cost of hot dogs for union demonstrators at political rallies.

Then don't join a union.

Union jobs are difficult to get. If you are in a field that has unions, there likely will be substantially more that are non union.

Things like this are another classic example of calling out the right wing trash.

Right winger = "Buut buuuut I had to join the union or else I couldn't get a job!"

Sane person = "You mean you joined the union because they were the only ones offering you fair pay, fair benefits, advancement in your field, and an otherwise better quality of life that the non-union counterparts couldn't come close to?"

:lol:....union jobs are EASY to get so long as you pay the dues....

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Wrong. Unions are nothing more than legalized extortion rackets. They may raise the wages of their members, but they lower the wages of those who have been excluded from taking jobs from unionized employers.

You keep telling yourself that. If you enjoy 40 hour work weeks, overtime pay, weekends off, fair wages, and fair benefits, thank a union.

Union thugs are great at deluding themselves. Henry Ford created the 40 hour week. He also paid the best wage in the country - by far. Benefits like health insurance and pensions are the result of FDRs controls on wages during WW II. employers couldn't offer higher pay, so they offered better pay instead. Unions had nothing to do with it.

Wow,...you truly take stupid to a whole new level,..

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.
Suppose your union decided to donate to the GOP?

Your pants-shitting would be epic.

Then don't join a union.

The left supports freedom of choice...as long as you make the choice they dictate.

If not, to hell with you.

Right, USMB lefties?

Unions donate to the GOP all the time. (insert you shitting your pants)

And it's not like you have to excel at the job. As a matter of fact, it's frowned upon. Sometimes violently.

Yeah. A nickel here and there, as opposed to the billions they give Dems.

And can you show where the union membership is polled to see where their money should go?

Don't bother looking, because it doesn't happen. Union leadership dictates to the proles who they support.

Yeah. A nickel here and there, as opposed to the billions they give Dems.

And can you show where the union membership is polled to see where their money should go?

Don't bother looking, because it doesn't happen. Union leadership dictates to the proles who they support.

You must be the idiot people keep referring to in the flame zone when they mock each other if they "dave"

Wow,...you truly take stupid to a whole new level,..

It would seem you know very little about union jobs.

I think they already do donate to both sides..... they grease as many palms as they can shake... hedging their bets.

Forum List

Back