Union spending on elections

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It seems that unions also have to report time their employees spend doing political activities, they just don't have to report them to the FEC.

Organized labor spends about four times as much on politics and lobbying as generally thought, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis, a finding that shines a light on an aspect of labor’s political activity that has often been overlooked. …
The new figures come from a little-known set of annual reports to the Labor Department in which local unions, their national parents and labor federations have been required to detail their spending on politics and lobbying since 2005.

Political Spending by Unions Far Exceeds Direct Donations - WSJ.com

Unions managed to spend more money in 2008 than Obama did, I wonder who got the benefit of all that spending.

wsj-unionspending.jpg

Interesting, QW. Yep, a lot of money floats towards the dems. from the unions. That Stimulus sure was tuned toward union jobs...with the stipulations of money had to go toward "union wage and benefit jobs". Sure did cut down on the number of potential jobs that were created.

Union funding of any one party is a misuse of member dues. They are donating to candidates without permission of the members making it dictatorial and complete subservient to the union's desire.

Union funding of any one party is a misuse of member dues. They are donating to candidates without permission of the members making it dictatorial and complete subservient to the union's desire.

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Then don't join a union. The whole reason unions exist is so the working man can have fair wages, fair benefits, a safe working environment, and not be treated like slaves to the corporations.

Again, freedom rings. To have the job, I had no choice.

The Koch Bros. are expected to give 400 million to Pub campaigns this year.

The right winger's dont care, they will be too busy yelling "Neener-neener the unions!" "Waaa-na-na-boo-boo Soros!" like good obedient sheep.

Last edited:

Wrong. Unions are nothing more than legalized extortion rackets. They may raise the wages of their members, but they lower the wages of those who have been excluded from taking jobs from unionized employers.

I think any Union that gets money from Government should not be allowed to donate to a campaign. I think that any company that gets a subsidy from the Government should not be allowed to donate to a campaign.

Of course I’d like cooperate welfare and Union welfare to be illegal.

I think any Union that gets money from Government should not be allowed to donate to a campaign. I think that any company that gets a subsidy from the Government should not be allowed to donate to a campaign.

Of course I’d like cooperate welfare and Union welfare to be illegal.

You and me both!

Wrong. Unions are nothing more than legalized extortion rackets. They may raise the wages of their members, but they lower the wages of those who have been excluded from taking jobs from unionized employers.

You keep telling yourself that. If you enjoy 40 hour work weeks, overtime pay, weekends off, fair wages, and fair benefits, thank a union.

You support right to work laws?

$4.1 Billion in 6 years....I wonder how many of their Locals pension funds are underfunded?

anyway, its their right BUT,considering upwards of 30% of union folks don't vote democrat so, there goes their dues money as in in many cases they don't have recourse to recover it or feel to intimidated to(o?).

Again, freedom rings. To have the job, I had no choice.

Pick another job.
You always have a choice.

Forum List

Back