Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs

Someone should make a study of how many companies have been forced to move overseas because of unions and the companies necessity to be profitable.

Yeah, great idea, magabuck study, but should be done to dispell more myths about this small (13% of workers) amount of Union in the USA.

And how does that percentage rate with Government Workers?

37.4% union, yet they are still part of the 13% union members in America.

Last edited:
The essence of the problem is that the Big League Unions are corrupt and corrupting and that fact can't be disputed.

Democrats it seems... refuse to address the problem because they gain advantages from it...

Now I know this will all come at a great shock for the cons, but this exaplains by going Union is superior to hiring wino scabs. I just keep blowing those con-myths!

"Productivity is a term most people throw around pretty freely these days. But when we use it, we back it up with proof," said Steve Lamb, executive vice president of MCA Chicago. "Union workers receive extensive training and so incur fewer injuries and lawsuits. Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings.":clap2:

According to the study, the average Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) apprenticeship program:

-registers relatively few apprentices,
-produces more cancellations than graduations,
-enrolls a small proportion of female and minority apprentices, and
-provides training in a narrower range of crafts.
-Union apprenticeship programs, on the other hand, enroll and graduate the majority of
-construction apprentices, including the majority of female and minority apprentices.

The study states: "The hundreds of millions of dollars the union sector spends annually on apprenticeship and training programs produces the skilled workers vital to the construction industry's future."

Department of Labor records from 36 states show that union programs have enrolled 72 percent of construction apprentices since 1989, and have enrolled almost three times as many minorities and over four times as many women as non-union programs.

Union vs. Non-Union: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

I don't know much about other trades, but as for plumbing I work circles around union plumbers.:lol:

Now I know this will all come at a great shock for the cons, but this exaplains by going Union is superior to hiring wino scabs. I just keep blowing those con-myths!

"Productivity is a term most people throw around pretty freely these days. But when we use it, we back it up with proof," said Steve Lamb, executive vice president of MCA Chicago. "Union workers receive extensive training and so incur fewer injuries and lawsuits. Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings.":clap2:

According to the study, the average Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) apprenticeship program:

-registers relatively few apprentices,
-produces more cancellations than graduations,
-enrolls a small proportion of female and minority apprentices, and
-provides training in a narrower range of crafts.
-Union apprenticeship programs, on the other hand, enroll and graduate the majority of
-construction apprentices, including the majority of female and minority apprentices.

The study states: "The hundreds of millions of dollars the union sector spends annually on apprenticeship and training programs produces the skilled workers vital to the construction industry's future."

Department of Labor records from 36 states show that union programs have enrolled 72 percent of construction apprentices since 1989, and have enrolled almost three times as many minorities and over four times as many women as non-union programs.

Union vs. Non-Union: Training Is Key Factor to Worker Productivity

I don't know much about other trades, but as for plumbing I work circles around union plumbers.:lol:

And I around Two-Way Radio Communications techs...which last time I looked weren't unionized unless they worked in a City/Government shop.

Last edited:
Human Beings don't stop being Human Being because they do or don't work Union. Motivation, Incentive, Integrity, effect result. The rest here is propaganda. You either have it in you to do the right thing or you don't.

If you have it, you'll be successful without the union. If you have it in the union, you will be punished for it.

If you don't have it, you'll find protection in the union.

Yeah, great idea, magabuck study, but should be done to dispell more myths about this small (13% of workers) amount of Union in the USA.

And how does that percentage rate with Government Workers?

37.4% union, yet they are still part of the 13% union members in America.

Hmm, this graph is showing 20% of Union members among the worker crowd in America. I guess the layoffs have been scabs.

GR2009012802033.gif
damn, you cant even read a simple graph

LOL

The laziest man I ever worked with was UMW. If he couldn't sit down while he did it, he didn't do it. Kept threatening to "call the union and shut down the job site".

Conversely, another guy I worked with was UMW. Young guy, hard worker. Hadn't caught the union mindset yet. He kept telling stories about union guys breaking into each others' tool boxes and stealing tools.

I worked with a union member that got a note from her Dr. that she needed extra smoke breaks...and she got them. This is no shit.
facepalm.jpg

319047856_dbf1ef3e92-1.jpg

;)

Well, now we know why he needs a union.

In the other thread, he couldn't understand simple middle school level English.

In this one, he can't understand a simple picture.

He's changed my mind. I'm pro-union now. The union is the only thing keeping idiots like him off of the public dole and adding to the unemployment numbers. He'd never cut it in a competitive marketplace.

Last edited:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVmKyJXHXRE[/ame]
Yeah, i'm sure these UNION workers were quite productive.....Chrysler sales plunged even further after these UNION losers were exposed......Way to go UAW!

Wonder how many people died as a result of shoddy, drunken, stoned, workmanship by these UNION stooges?........Sadly, we'll probably never know.

The truth is that when you tie pay into production, Ability, and quality, which are more relevant than seniority, your convoluted perspective is blown out of the water. Bullshit walks. :lol: :lol: :lol: Fuck Union Obstructionism.

However, the article disputes your myth.

"Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings."

You get another try..........

Or cooked Books.

So you think you can work for others and be paid, but what you design on his dime is yours? Nah, don't work that way. You are slave to a master you toil to. Your mind, your hands & ingenuity are the masters who pays you.

However, the article disputes your myth.

"Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity and timely results, and that adds up to savings."

You get another try..........

Or cooked Books.

So you think you can work for others and be paid, but what you design on his dime is yours? Nah, don't work that way. You are slave to a master you toil to. Your mind, your hands & ingenuity are the masters who pays you.

Better than being masters to those you pay dues unto...and have no say afterward...or else.

Well, now we know why he needs a union.

In the other thread, he couldn't understand simple middle school level English.

In this one, he can't understand a simple picture.

He's changed my mind. I'm pro-union now. The union is the only thing keeping idiots like him off of the public dole and adding to the unemployment numbers. He'd never cut it in a competitive marketplace.

:lol: "Too dumb to fail".

All true..

I recall my brother-in-law while working for a General Motors union shop being beaten up and put in the hospital for being too productive.

It seems that his quota of work was supposed to take 8 hours but he could do it in 2 hours and just continued working the full 8 hours.

After repeated warnings by the other union members to, slow down or else, he was finally caught and beaten..
The laziest man I ever worked with was UMW. If he couldn't sit down while he did it, he didn't do it. Kept threatening to "call the union and shut down the job site".

Conversely, another guy I worked with was UMW. Young guy, hard worker. Hadn't caught the union mindset yet. He kept telling stories about union guys breaking into each others' tool boxes and stealing tools.

I worked with a union member that got a note from her Dr. that she needed extra smoke breaks...and she got them. This is no shit.

Yep seen that one also. I did some work at a P&G plant a few yewars ago the plant itslef was union. even though we were not union we had to follow their rules 15 min. breaks every two hours, no matter what. I asked the forman how in the hell do they expect anyone to get anything done around here? His reply was are you complaining?

This study does much to support calls for extensive targeted training with demanding qualifications

it doesn't support the conclusion you seem to want it to

I beg your pardon...........

TITLE: "Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs "

"Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity"

Bullshit, brother!

I spent a lot of my long legal career working in Labor and Employment. I've seen up close and personal what scaggy union members do and how unions operate. They "protect" lazy scum bags over some bogus matter that doesn't mean crap; verbal warnings and written warnings and then when the jackass is fired and files suit the National Labor Relations Board is the taxpayer funded legal counsel for the union and the scum bag. I've seen lawyers for the defense (the employer, who by the way, pays its own legal fees and costs) jack up NLRB lawyers who wouldn't know a labor law if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. And in most cases the NLRB and unions lose these lawsuits.

All of this "jockeying for position" costs the employer, legal fees paid by employers, stupid union contracts, and all the other stuff ad up to consumers paying more for their product. Employers could do a hell of a lot more and better for their employees if they didn't pay out the note for union bullshit.

Ahh, a con lawyer who has seen it all from corporations. So did the unions lose because you represented them?

The union upper yuckety-yuks benefit from more union dues than anybody else. Their pockets are filled to the brim.

As for the non-union scabs ... good for them. When a strike is called the employer can permanently replace every union member on the picket line - and they should.

Priviledge comes with rank. You noticed that also in corporations I assume?? You best read up on the latest Obama union surprise coming down the pike. I think I posted 3 days ago. The unions are going to be able to invade businesses to pick up more union shops. Maybe that strike rule will be history in the revamping of legislation.

I beg your pardon...........

TITLE: "Union members more productive than NonUnion Scabs "

"Their quality workmanship results in greater productivity"

Bullshit, brother!

I spent a lot of my long legal career working in Labor and Employment. I've seen up close and personal what scaggy union members do and how unions operate. They "protect" lazy scum bags over some bogus matter that doesn't mean crap; verbal warnings and written warnings and then when the jackass is fired and files suit the National Labor Relations Board is the taxpayer funded legal counsel for the union and the scum bag. I've seen lawyers for the defense (the employer, who by the way, pays its own legal fees and costs) jack up NLRB lawyers who wouldn't know a labor law if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. And in most cases the NLRB and unions lose these lawsuits.

All of this "jockeying for position" costs the employer, legal fees paid by employers, stupid union contracts, and all the other stuff ad up to consumers paying more for their product. Employers could do a hell of a lot more and better for their employees if they didn't pay out the note for union bullshit.

Ahh, a con lawyer who has seen it all from corporations. So did the unions lose because you represented them?

The union upper yuckety-yuks benefit from more union dues than anybody else. Their pockets are filled to the brim.

As for the non-union scabs ... good for them. When a strike is called the employer can permanently replace every union member on the picket line - and they should.

Priviledge comes with rank. You noticed that also in corporations I assume?? You best read up on the latest Obama union surprise coming down the pike. I think I posted 3 days ago. The unions are going to be able to invade businesses to pick up more union shops. Maybe that strike rule will be history in the revamping of legislation.
werent you pitching a bitchfest about jobs moving overseas in another thread or 2?

The essence of the problem is that the Big League Unions are corrupt and corrupting and that fact can't be disputed.

Hmm, corrupt huh? Only case I know of was Jimmy Hoffa & his cement shoes. Are you sure it isn't the corrupt cons injecting foreign intervention into Union work?? Ie. Mexicans steal Teamster employment while Bush laughs.

Yeah, giv me some examples of this corruption.

[/QUOTE]

Democrats it seems... refuse to address the problem because they gain advantages from it...[/QUOTE]

Oh, probably so. The whole congress is on the take & corrupt.

In my experience, union workers are SLUGS.

They work as slow as they can because you cant ride them to work harder.
They know how long it is until each break and stretch easy jobs out to fill the time.
They use 'its not in my contract' to get out of just about everything they dont want to do.
They have no problem leaving work unfinished.
They don't care if work is shoddy because they know you cant do a damn thing about it.
They are lazier then non union workers.
They complain more then non union workers
They want more then non union workers
They dont give a shit about anything because they know you cant fire them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back