Union members get caught smoking weed are Suspended until fire proceedings

Well, as no proof has been presented who cares. Pot is harmless with the exception that it is illegal which creates the criminal entities who reap huge profits due to that fact and creates an environment of violence as long as the narrow minded self interest allow it to be illegal. Common sense 101. Legalize and tax it!, maybe the kids will stay out of mom and dads pills....

They are people making things for our military. I think you need to be sober to do that! I am so sick of union people who think they can get away with everything because of the union.

Seventeen workers from the Tower Defense and Aerospace plant in Detroit have reportedly been suspended after an undercover investigation showed them smoking what appeared to be marijuana during their lunch break.
Fox affiliate WJBK-TV released exclusive footage last week showing several of the plant's workers allegedly drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana cigarettes while on a break.
The plant reportedly manufactures armored parts for U.S. military trucks and planes, including parts for Humvees and Stryker combat vehicles to be sent to Afghanistan and Iraq.

Read more: 17 Suspended From Plant That Makes Military Parts After Video Allegedly Shows Workers Drinking, Smoking Marijuana | Fox News

17 Suspended From Plant That Makes Military Parts After Video Allegedly Shows Workers Drinking, Smoking Marijuana | Fox News

Good thing no non union people ever use drugs or alcohol, amazing how much the right hates working people having a voice in the work force.

Oh, I think it's also worth noting that there are lots of people who do things at work that they shouldn't, including doing drugs and drinking. It happens alot, by lots of people who AREN'T in unions. This has nothing to do with unions.

non union employees would be fired on the spot.. these union thugs have to go through a "process"

Not necessarily. Many companies have policies that would get their employees assistance for their drug or alcohol problem rather than fire them.

Oh, I think it's also worth noting that there are lots of people who do things at work that they shouldn't, including doing drugs and drinking. It happens alot, by lots of people who AREN'T in unions. This has nothing to do with unions.

Indeed.. but if someone wants to scream that the sky if falling I'm sure they can figure out a way to place blame on a [union, liberal, democrat, etc.]

Indeed.. but if someone wants to scream that the sky if falling I'm sure they can figure out a way to place blame on a [union, liberal, democrat, etc.]

Or a corporation, conservative, republican, etc....

Well what I haven't heard is that the smoking caused defects in the equipment and as long as my armor is good to go I say smoke to your hearts content. Just don't get caught ;)

non union employees would be fired on the spot.. these union thugs have to go through a "process"

There are plenty of non-union jobs that would still require a "process" to fire someone. But these people have already been suspended pending the termination process, so it's as good as done anyway.

um... why is this now in MILITARY? It's about unions, not the military.

Actually, it's not about either. The fact that this was a union job is pretty irrelevant. In fact, this whole story is pretty irrelevant. Some people got caught using drugs at the work place, and are getting fired for it. It happens all the time.

Just secretly wondering if the union would let that happen if they weren't caught on film.

How did they know what they were smoking if it was on film?

Yes it was.. Tower Defense and Aerospace Factory Workers Party at Lunch

it clearly shows them drinking and smoking pot.. They empty cigars to make their blunts

Having it on video does not prove what was in the blunts. It would never hold up in court.

Forum List

Back