Union Fines Members $250 for Not Attending Brown/Warren Debate

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Weekly Standard title says the union was fining members for not supporting Warren, but I don't hear anything about that in the video, just the guy saying they get fined for not attending the debate. Regardless, it's appalling, but sadly not surprising given the unions' reputations for thuggish tactics to bring people in line. I'm curious how they can legally get away with doing this.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/are-unions-fining-members-who-dont-support-warren_654203.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8wobKH-kCk]Unions Fine Members Who Don't Show Support for Elizabeth Warren - YouTube[/ame]

The cameraman asks the union member if he was at an earlier debate between Warren and her Republican opponent, Senator Scott Brown.

"Uh-huh," the union member says, nodding.

"Did you guys get fined if you weren't there?" the cameraman asks.

"Yeah," the union member replies.

"How much did you get fined?" the cameraman asks.

"A hundred and fifty," the man says, although he later adds, "It's two-fifty if you don't go."

I'm sorry, but I don't trust gotcha videos. Got anything more trustworthy?

More trustworthy than the man's own words?

There are few things less trustworthy than the "words" of anonymous people on the internet and video of quotes out of context.

If I showed you a video of a guy wearing a tea party t-shirt claiming that Dick Armey mailed him a check to come to a rally, would you believe it?

I believe it completely...yesterday, four different people called into a radio show about it. All were union members. Three had been ordered to show up or pay...the fourth was actually trying to DEFEND it.

After what I witnessed in WI and those union workers , I dont put it past them. they use Children for their agenda.. Of course they would do this even though they know its illegal.. Warren is paying the union bosses and now they are paying her back..

Forum List

Back