Union Fail: Walmart Reports Record Sales

Despite union efforts to target retailers like Walmart, businesses are reporting record Black Friday traffic – the biggest sign yet that the unions are out of touch with the American people. Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Walmart put its products on Black Friday sale, sparking a run to the stores and earning the stores record sales.

This, in my opinion, is what is wrong with Unions and many in this country. The Unions wont do the work for themselves they expect the governement to do it for them.

Wow, this must mean that Obama has fixed the economy!

Gee, I'm so thrilled that the Walton Family, who own more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans...that's six people who own more wealth than 48.8 million households, made even more money off their cheap China imports. I'm jumping for joy at their abuse of their labor force, paying them less than a living wage, forcing their employees onto the "government dole". Yippeee! I'm doing cartwheels over the demise of the "Mom and Pop" stores.

The Walton family don't own Wal-Mart anymore ....If your going to try and act indignant get your facts straight ,idiot.

While Wal-Mart is a publicly traded company (symbol:WMT) its majority holders are the Walton Family, the children of Sam and Bud Walton, the founders of Wal-Mart.

Gee, I'm so thrilled that the Walton Family, who own more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans...that's six people who own more wealth than 48.8 million households, made even more money off their cheap China imports. I'm jumping for joy at their abuse of their labor force, paying them less than a living wage, forcing their employees onto the "government dole". Yippeee! I'm doing cartwheels over the demise of the "Mom and Pop" stores.

The Walton family don't own Wal-Mart anymore ....If your going to try and act indignant get your facts straight ,idiot.

While Wal-Mart is a publicly traded company (symbol:WMT) its majority holders are the Walton Family, the children of Sam and Bud Walton, the founders of Wal-Mart.

No they are not. They sold most of their shares decades ago.

Can you name one "mom and pop" store that closed in your area due to Walmart? Can you tell me the wages that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the local taxes that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the difference in benefits between Target, KMart and WalMart? Then tell us who has the lower prices.

On edit I will admit that the local hardwares seem to have taken an hit and have closed. But I think that is more due to Lowes then to WalMart. I would never go to Walmart for anything I would buy in a hardware.

You don't remember shopping before "big box" chains? That's a shame...

Qutie truthfully, no I don't. It was either Sears, Kmart or Zayres. That doesn't change one fact, you didn't answer the question.

Despite union efforts to target retailers like Walmart, businesses are reporting record Black Friday traffic – the biggest sign yet that the unions are out of touch with the American people. Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Walmart put its products on Black Friday sale, sparking a run to the stores and earning the stores record sales.

This, in my opinion, is what is wrong with Unions and many in this country. The Unions wont do the work for themselves they expect the governement to do it for them.

Wow, this must mean that Obama has fixed the economy!

If buying cheap chinese stuff is fixed.

Can you name one "mom and pop" store that closed in your area due to Walmart? Can you tell me the wages that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the local taxes that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the difference in benefits between Target, KMart and WalMart? Then tell us who has the lower prices.

On edit I will admit that the local hardwares seem to have taken an hit and have closed. But I think that is more due to Lowes then to WalMart. I would never go to Walmart for anything I would buy in a hardware.

Qutie truthfully, no I don't. It was either Sears, Kmart or Zayres. That doesn't change one fact, you didn't answer the question.

Sears, Roebuck and Co. was officially formed in 1893...... Do you think seabitch is really that old? LOL

Sears, Roebuck and Co. was officially formed in 1893...... Do you think seabitch is really that old? LOL

Actually I was thinking the opposite. I guess people like her think box stores started with WalMart.

Try having a garage sale and NOT getting some person with a wad of $ 20.00's in their pocket try to talk you down on something as simple as a hard back book that you are selling for .50 cents. :razz:

Americans are just awful like that. I am just glad no where else in the world is like this.

So you are familiar with yard sales in other countries? Bargaining has always been a practice in America. YOU don't have to sell the book for less all one needs do is say no. Why the bitch is that the seller wants to make as much money as they can, yet it is the buyer who is guilty because they want to buy for less? Really? If you like what other countries do so much why don't you live there?

Sarcasm should always be labeled I guess. Otherwise you get flamed. :flameth::cool:

Just a little random background info. I grew up in the back woods of Arkansas. When Walmart first started it was a Godsend to many communities. We had no stores in the county to buy many things except mail order from the Sears and Robuck or Montgomery Ward catalogs. Walmart was the first place one could walk into and buy something like a washer and dryer and at a great price. What Walmart has become since then is another story. I another little fact is my sister works at Walmart and likes her job quite well. Another little fact is my wife is from Iran. She can walk out with the whole yard sale for $20 bucks. She constantly saves her company hundreds of thousands of dollars. She left Iran when all her relatives started dying in the Iran-Iraq war. (Another CIA arms deal gone wrong. Actually I should not put it like that. Iran has known much better days.)

Last edited:

No they are not. They sold most of their shares decades ago.

You are totally wrong as per usual.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT)-NYSE
70.20 1.31(1.90%) Nov 23, 1:00PM EST

Add to Portfolio.Major Holders Get Major Holders for:

Breakdown
% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners: 51%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 31%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 63%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares: 1362

Major Direct Holders (Forms 3 & 4)
Holder Shares Reported
WALTON JIM C 10,499,215 May 31, 2012