Union Fail: Walmart Reports Record Sales

Despite union efforts to target retailers like Walmart, businesses are reporting record Black Friday traffic – the biggest sign yet that the unions are out of touch with the American people. Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Walmart put its products on Black Friday sale, sparking a run to the stores and earning the stores record sales.

This, in my opinion, is what is wrong with Unions and many in this country. The Unions wont do the work for themselves they expect the governement to do it for them.

This is what progressives don't get. We have created a society of people who want something for nothing. OF COURSE people ran out on Thanksgiving and black friday to get a $200.00 TV for $150.00 dollars. They have been trained for years to think this way.

And more power to them if they don't mind fighting the crowd too.:clap2:

If life is viewed as a zero/sum game than if those that have the least get more than the people with the most must have less to keep the world 'balanced'. The idea that all boats can rise together is not something they believe in.

Despite union efforts to target retailers like Walmart, businesses are reporting record Black Friday traffic – the biggest sign yet that the unions are out of touch with the American people. Starting at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, Walmart put its products on Black Friday sale, sparking a run to the stores and earning the stores record sales.

This, in my opinion, is what is wrong with Unions and many in this country. The Unions wont do the work for themselves they expect the governement to do it for them.

This is what progressives don't get. We have created a society of people who want something for nothing. OF COURSE people ran out on Thanksgiving and black friday to get a $200.00 TV for $150.00 dollars. They have been trained for years to think this way.

I know I want something for nothing. That's why I threw a brick through the front window and just took the damn thing. :booze::smoke:

I know I want something for nothing. That's why I threw a brick through the front window and just took the damn thing. :booze::smoke:

Try having a garage sale and NOT getting some person with a wad of $ 20.00's in their pocket try to talk you down on something as simple as a hard back book that you are selling for .50 cents. :razz:

Try having a garage sale and NOT getting some person with a wad of $ 20.00's in their pocket try to talk you down on something as simple as a hard back book that you are selling for .50 cents. :razz:

Americans are just awful like that. I am just glad no where else in the world is like this.

Congratulations on your boy Walmart winning and killing American jobs! You must love being part of China's 5th column

Where did I congradulate anyone? How exactly does Walmart kill American jobs? By you ane your brothern bitchin about it and then buying stuff made in China? I doubt you thought of this two weeks ago, but Obama is President not me there is nothing I could do but he sure should have. Clinton sent our jobs overseas your bitch is with him.

There is absolutely nothing I can do for those who work a walmart, they need to do it for themselves. More power to them if they do but they will only be hurting poor people if they do.

You really think no small businesses have ever been killed by Walmart? This massive corporation has been mooching off the taxpayers for years yet right wingers applaud it. Right wingers love to preach how much they hate welfare but it's fine as long as rich white guys are getting it :uhoh3:

Americans are just awful like that. I am just glad no where else in the world is like this.

Me too. :eusa_angel:

You honestly think that closing businesses down is going to create a prosperous middle class? Tell that to Fidal Castro or the older Chinese.

The middle class has taken a beating because of greedy companies like wal mart. They have put the middle class owned mom and pop stores out of business, just like the right wing fascists want.

Knowing I can't go by what the left says I can only go by what I observed. When the WalMart moved into our area the area thrieved. I saw NO mom and pop store close, just the opposite. Never mind that the "mom and Pop" stores pretty much employed "mom and pop" and those not "mom and pop" were paid no more then WalMart pays.

What we have with WalMart is an easy target for liberals. Kmart and Target sell the same Chinese crap as does WalMart and pay the same wages, only WalMart sells for less. Thus making a profit on volume and helping the poor at the same time.

Almost anytime of the day a person can go to Kmart or Target and check right out, no lines. Go to Walmart and there are longer lines and the store if full of people seeking the lowest prices. Why the liberal left wishes so badly to hurt the poor is really kind of disgusting.

So you are familiar with yard sales in other countries? Bargaining has always been a practice in America. YOU don't have to sell the book for less all one needs do is say no. Why the bitch is that the seller wants to make as much money as they can, yet it is the buyer who is guilty because they want to buy for less? Really? If you like what other countries do so much why don't you live there?

Seen it a thousand times -- protesting can be a double-edged sword. It may (or may not) rally people to your side, but it also draws attention to your target that is not negative. Chik-Fil-A is an obvious recent example, that guy has been freakin' cleaning up since the protest, MAN I wish that was a public stock company.

When you try to force the public to do, or not do something, you may be shooting yourself in the foot. Some folks just love to paint signs and hear themselves scream, I guess.

Last edited:
Gee, I'm so thrilled that the Walton Family, who own more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans...that's six people who own more wealth than 48.8 million households, made even more money off their cheap China imports. I'm jumping for joy at their abuse of their labor force, paying them less than a living wage, forcing their employees onto the "government dole". Yippeee! I'm doing cartwheels over the demise of the "Mom and Pop" stores.

Last edited:
Gee, I'm so thrilled that the Walton Family, who own more wealth than the bottom 40% of Americans...that's six people who own more wealth than 48.8 million households, made even more money off their cheap China imports. I'm jumping for joy at their abuse of their labor force, paying them less than a living wage, forcing their employees onto the "government dole". Yippeee! I'm doing cartwheels over the demise of the "Mom and Pop" stores.

Can you name one "mom and pop" store that closed in your area due to Walmart? Can you tell me the wages that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the local taxes that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the difference in benefits between Target, KMart and WalMart? Then tell us who has the lower prices.

On edit I will admit that the local hardwares seem to have taken an hit and have closed. But I think that is more due to Lowes then to WalMart. I would never go to Walmart for anything I would buy in a hardware.

Last edited:
Glad for Walmart. It's a great place to shop.

I agree if lowest price is what you are interested in. Other then that I would perfer Kmart or Target, less people, shorter lines. Sometimes it is worth standing in line for the price, sometimes not. As for what WalMart pays, that can only be changed by the people working there, not me or you. If Target and KMart pays more then that is where the poeple should go to be employed.

Seen it a thousand times -- protesting can be a double-edged sword. It may (or may not) rally people to your side, but it also draws attention to your target that is not negative. Chik-Fil-A is an obvious recent example, that guy has been freakin' cleaning up since the protest, MAN I wish that was a public stock company.

When you try to force the public to do, or not do something, you may be shooting yourself in the foot. Some folks just love to paint signs and hear themselves scream, I guess.

That is because people with an agenda are narrow minded and can't see outside their own box. Can't let people support their own causes...have their own opinions etc...

Chick Fil A is another chain I will always support due to the fact that they offer scholorship programs to their employees AND also support a foundation that helps kids in foster care.

Last edited:

Did you know it is small business Saturday? Better get out there and give them some support.

Can you name one "mom and pop" store that closed in your area due to Walmart? Can you tell me the wages that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the local taxes that the "mom and pop" store paid? Can you tell me the difference in benefits between Target, KMart and WalMart? Then tell us who has the lower prices.

On edit I will admit that the local hardwares seem to have taken an hit and have closed. But I think that is more due to Lowes then to WalMart. I would never go to Walmart for anything I would buy in a hardware.

You don't remember shopping before "big box" chains? That's a shame...

Walmart doesn't carry a lot of the things hardware stores do anyway. Found that out when I was looking for the hardware to fix a sink and toilet this summer. But they did have more than both Target and Kmart.

As far a prices go...it depends on the specials the stores offer each week. Sometimes Target has a better price (although Walmart will price match). But if you are already at Target...

They also pay the employees the same wages.

What can you say, millions of people showed their support for unions by flocking to Wal-Mart on Black Friday. I'm sure they were all Republicans and Romney supporters.:badgrin:

The Walton family don't own Wal-Mart anymore ....If your going to try and act indignant get your facts straight ,idiot.

Forum List

Back