Union Busters........

A

archangel

I received a telephone call today from Senator Jim Dimmons(not sure about the spelling) of South Carolina...He asked for my support to sign a petition and donate $50.00 to the "National Right To Work Committee" They are going to run ads for his bill for his "National Right To Work Law" This in effect would put Unions out of business...Well I told the honorable Senator that I would not sign the petition nor contribute another dime until they took care of the illegal immigration problem and the outsourcing of jobs...to include taking care of the runaway ACLU...His and their only response was..."Thank you for your time"
Any comments from the board on this ridiculous law? :bs1:

I would love to see a national right-to-work law. Otherwise, people are forced to pay union dues AGAINST THEIR WILL. Now, if you want to belong to a union, go for it, but why force others to support an organization that they want no part of?

gop_jeff said:
I would love to see a national right-to-work law. Otherwise, people are forced to pay union dues AGAINST THEIR WILL. Now, if you want to belong to a union, go for it, but why force others to support an organization that they want no part of?

You told me you were no longer in the Army as a officer..now you are a civilian employee....I'm pretty sure you belong to a Union...I did when I worked for the Department Of Treasury...The Union was NTEU..
I for one live in a "Right to Work State" it is awful... they take advantage of you to no end..I worked for awhile as a Park Ranger for Douglas County..The pay was low and they gave you more job descriptions then one can imagine..
And they tried to get out of paying a workers compensation claim when I injured my back and became 19% disability...

I am more concerned about illegal immigration and job outsourcing rather than this stupid law!

Big Blue Machin said:
Even though I'm not in your country. I support the law.

Nice try...but you are still in High School...do you even have a job...much less experience to draw upon? :slap:

archangel said:
You told me you were no longer in the Army as a officer..now you are a civilian employee....I'm pretty sure you belong to a Union...I did when I worked for the Department Of Treasury...The Union was NTEU..
I for one live in a "Right to Work State" it is awful... they take advantage of you to no end..I worked for awhile as a Park Ranger for Douglas County..The pay was low and they gave you more job descriptions then one can imagine..
And they tried to get out of paying a workers compensation claim when I injured my back and became 19% disability...

I am more concerned about illegal immigration and job outsourcing rather than this stupid law!

I am a gov't employee, but I am NOT a part of the union. Frankly, I fail to see what advantages I would gain by being a union member, and the union's political activities are exactly the opposite of those I favor.

Now I'm not going to argue about what happened to you. But I support Right-to-Work laws because I believe in the freedom of association. If I want to work without belonging to a union, I should be free to do so. That is what RTW laws are all about. The reason that unions screech so much about them is because RTW laws will end their monopolizing control over millions of employees.

I think we are in agreement that illegal immigration is a huge issue. But both decreasing illegal immigration and passing RTW laws are lofty goals. No one said you can't do both.

gop_jeff said:
I am a gov't employee, but I am NOT a part of the union. Frankly, I fail to see what advantages I would gain by being a union member, and the union's political activities are exactly the opposite of those I favor.

Now I'm not going to argue about what happened to you. But I support Right-to-Work laws because I believe in the freedom of association. If I want to work without belonging to a union, I should be free to do so. That is what RTW laws are all about. The reason that unions screech so much about them is because RTW laws will end their monopolizing control over millions of employees.

I think we are in agreement that illegal immigration is a huge issue. But both decreasing illegal immigration and passing RTW laws are lofty goals. No one said you can't do both.

You have the choice to not belong to a Union that represents Federal workers...however you also reap the benefits from those who do pay...don't challenge me on this one..I was a Union Rep for NTEU..while employed as a investigator/Intelligence officer....Unions do need some revamp on the civilian side but not be dismissed as a whole...checks and balance in a free market! :whip:

archangel said:
You have the choice to not belong to a Union that represents Federal workers...however you also reap the benefits from those who do pay...don't challenge me on this one..I was a Union Rep for NTEU..while employed as a investigator/Intelligence officer....Unions do need some revamp on the civilian side but not be dismissed as a whole...checks and balance in a free market! :whip:

You are absolutely right: I have a choice whether or not to belong to a union. I want all workers to have that same choice.

As far as benefiting from the union's work, why should that bother the union? After all, if it was really a good union, people would join voluntarily. Why do you need to force people to join your organization in order to work for a particular company?

And never did I call for the abolishment of unions. I think that employees should be able to CHOOSE whether they want to belong to a union.

gop_jeff said:
You are absolutely right: I have a choice whether or not to belong to a union. I want all workers to have that same choice.

As far as benefiting from the union's work, why should that bother the union? After all, if it was really a good union, people would join voluntarily. Why do you need to force people to join your organization in order to work for a particular company?

And never did I call for the abolishment of unions. I think that employees should be able to CHOOSE whether they want to belong to a union.

I will bet dollars to donuts that the position you occupy is covered by a Union...whether you join or not is your choice...as a non paying member you reap the benefits...however if you get yourself into a hot spot or are passed over for promotion...or assigned duty without having the benefit of senority...well you are on your own...the Union only provides legal representation to paying members....so if you are the perfect worker and fear no reprecussions...well go for it bro...but just remember even the best take falls! :huh:

archangel said:
I will bet dollars to donuts that the position you occupy is covered by a Union...whether you join or not is your choice...as a non paying member you reap the benefits...however if you get yourself into a hot spot or are passed over for promotion...or assigned duty without having the benefit of senority...well you are on your own...the Union only provides legal representation to paying members....so if you are the perfect worker and fear no reprecussions...well go for it bro...but just remember even the best take falls! :huh:

My position is covered by the AFGE. However, I'm not worried about being passed over, screwed over, etc. without cause. And if I am, oh well, I'll either live with it or go work in the private sector. I am confident in my ability to succeed without the assistance of a union, and I believe that everyone who feels the same way should have the ability to not belong to a union, if they make that choice.

gop_jeff said:
My position is covered by the AFGE. However, I'm not worried about being passed over, screwed over, etc. without cause. And if I am, oh well, I'll either live with it or go work in the private sector. I am confident in my ability to succeed without the assistance of a union, and I believe that everyone who feels the same way should have the ability to not belong to a union, if they make that choice.

Get real Jeff...I know your type...you love the benefits but are too cheap to pay...while a union rep I had alot of guys just like you... come crying to me when they fell out of grace with management...They wanted representation and were in shock when it was explained to them that they had none since they were not a paying member...yes Jeff go to work in the private sector...admitt it you are a spoiled federal worker who pretends to be so aware and supportive of the private sector...I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the private sector will give you a pink slip at the drop of a dime...Dream on .................. :teeth:

Mr. P said:
Just one word for Government Union supporters.....

PATCO

Sorry Mr.P ya lost me on that one word...please explain! :usa:

I am assuming you are refering to the Air Traffic Controlers Union and President Reagan! :dunno:

New Topics

Forum List

Back