Union Bosses ..1%ers

Those places that offer jobs @ $10 per hour should not be allowed to call them JOBS for they are anything but.

What can you tell me about unions. Im from Detroit where the entire family worked for the big four. Now just three. I have worked for a union twice. My wife has 13 years vested in local 252.

Now enlighten me.

My mom was PNA(Pennsylvania Nurses Association), which later was voted out in favor of 1199(SEIU). My wife is 1199 and I am AFSCME. We all love(loved, in the case of my mother, she died in 2004) the workplace... not just our pensions. We love the people we take care of like family...not just as a means of "job security". Do we have lazy fucks who DON'T care about the people we work with? Yes... a handful. But No more than you can find in ANY large workplace... unionized or not. You always have the "boss's golfing buddy", or the "kiss ass" who always seems to get away with everything...no matter where you work.

I find your assertions one that comes from ignorance along with a healthy dose of Right Wing brainwashing, combined with a bad personal experience or two. You saying that ALL unions and their members feel the way you describe is like me saying "all Corporations are run by rich people are greedy fucks that don't care about America or Americans".

Actually, I take that back... because I do feel that way about a lot of Corporations. fuck it... I guess we won't find any common ground.. agree to disagree?

wow, no bias there:rolleyes:you're a drone, like dagoose.

I am in a union, it blows. nepotism, featherbedding, no reward or award for initiative, seniority, step outside your box and you're slammed, the costs they add is simply incredible and a HUUUGGGE waste. The territoriality, the hierarchy...its basically a soviet, everyone gets the same raise, that is extorted from the state.

Sorry you feel that way. If I were you I'd just quit.

We used to be disatisfied with our union leadership and the way things were about 25 years ago and guess what? We voted them out and changed things.

Yes. It can be done if more than half of your co-workers agree with you. If not maybe you're a lone disatisfied voice in a setting that is actually good.

Of course if my kid worked for $10 I'd tell him put it on "coast". Do what you have to do and thats it. Gotta wisen him up to the workforce. :) Pretend to pay me I pretend to work. Motto we all need to live by.

My mom was PNA(Pennsylvania Nurses Association), which later was voted out in favor of 1199(SEIU). My wife is 1199 and I am AFSCME. We all love(loved, in the case of my mother, she died in 2004) the workplace... not just our pensions. We love the people we take care of like family...not just as a means of "job security". Do we have lazy fucks who DON'T care about the people we work with? Yes... a handful. But No more than you can find in ANY large workplace... unionized or not. You always have the "boss's golfing buddy", or the "kiss ass" who always seems to get away with everything...no matter where you work.

I find your assertions one that comes from ignorance along with a healthy dose of Right Wing brainwashing, combined with a bad personal experience or two. You saying that ALL unions and their members feel the way you describe is like me saying "all Corporations are run by rich people are greedy fucks that don't care about America or Americans".

Actually, I take that back... because I do feel that way about a lot of Corporations. fuck it... I guess we won't find any common ground.. agree to disagree?

wow, no bias there:rolleyes:you're a drone, like dagoose.

I am in a union, it blows. nepotism, featherbedding, no reward or award for initiative, seniority, step outside your box and you're slammed, the costs they add is simply incredible and a HUUUGGGE waste. The territoriality, the hierarchy...its basically a soviet, everyone gets the same raise, that is extorted from the state.

Sorry you feel that way. If I were you I'd just quit.

We used to be disatisfied with our union leadership and the way things were about 25 years ago and guess what? We voted them out and changed things.

Yes. It can be done if more than half of your co-workers agree with you. If not maybe you're a lone disatisfied voice in a setting that is actually good.

That's how the Pennsylvania Nurses' Association was replaced by 1199. PNA was shitting on their members and the members voted them out.

Just to add(directed towards trajan)... Where I work.. Seniority isn't the only factor for promotion. It's seniority + job performance + the interview process.... and that's only within the bargaining unit. Once you try to get into supervision, they are a different bargaining unit...so seniority doesn't mean jack shit. It's only Job Performance + interview. Maybe your workplace and or your union sucks... you should consider replacing one or the other.

Of course if my kid worked for $10 I'd tell him put it on "coast". Do what you have to do and thats it. Gotta wisen him up to the workforce. :) Pretend to pay me I pretend to work. Motto we all need to live by.

This is a sad comment. A job is a job to do and one should try the best he can with the talents he has. How else will he be noticed and promoted? How will he ever grow in a career without the hard work?

In your own mind, this is justified, but it really exposes how successful you probably are.

Most people don't get paid what they are worth until they have proven themselves. By that time, they may be 1%ers and hated by the losers. Do your son a favor and be still.

Well... I would never tell my kid to "put it on coast". I have been a hard worker all my life and I've tried to instill that work ethic into my kids. But that's me. I've worked shitty jobs where I got paid minimum wage doing shit most people wouldn't touch... Cleaning out a creosote pit for a company that made telephone poles as a young adult comes to mind... dirty as hell, burning skin, and not much to show for it come payday. But No matter where I have worked, I gave it my all.

The only thing that "coasting" does is give the right wing ammunition to say "see, shitty workers don't deserve to get paid". Nope... I'd rather bust my ass and then fight for better pay, knowing that I've taken the high road.

This is a sad comment. A job is a job to do and one should try the best he can with the talents he has. How else will he be noticed and promoted? How will he ever grow in a career without the hard work?

In your own mind, this is justified, but it really exposes how successful you probably are.

Most people don't get paid what they are worth until they have proven themselves. By that time, they may be 1%ers and hated by the losers. Do your son a favor and be still.

The only thing I disagree with is the part where you say "they may be 1%ers". That is in effect... bullshit. There's a reason that only 1% make the killing they do, and that reason has just as much to do with a combination of luck, schmoozing, your starting point and knowing the "right people" as it does with hard work.

The only thing I disagree with is the part where you say "they may be 1%ers". That is in effect... bullshit. There's a reason that only 1% make the killing they do, and that reason has just as much to do with a combination of luck, schmoozing, your starting point and knowing the "right people" as it does with hard work.

I disagree. I know of no high income earner in the private sector that didn't work extremely hard.

Well.. I guess it's good to be Kings...an awakening perhaps...:disbelief:

--------------------------:iagree:

What do labor union bosses and government bureaucrats have in common? They both go on expensive “junkets” to tropical places on someone else’s dime. This time it’s union bosses representing New York municipal workers soaking up the sun and buying $9 beers in Puerto Rico. Must be nice.

According to The New York Post, some of the workers aren’t exactly thrilled that their union dues are funding this little vacation.

As union bosses continued livin’ it up in the Puerto Rican sun yesterday, municipal workers getting soaked by New York’s cold rain were livid that their hard-earned money was funding the leaders’ Caribbean “convention.”

“There goes our union dues!” fumed a furious Local 3 electrician. “They paid for that junket with union dues.”

“I’ve worked for 10 months in the last two years. I’m getting laid off at the end of the year,” the electrician railed. “I have no use for the union. All I see is waste, corruption and hypocrisy.”

At an Upper West Side firehouse, a member of New York’s Bravest, who was working in the rain, said in amazement, “We’re all based here in New York anyway, so why would they spend all that money on going someplace else? They could have just had it here.”

New York Union Bosses Living Large on Puerto Rican Vacation | The Lonely Conservative

1. Unions abuse their power and have partially contributed to shipping jobs overseas.
2. The salary of the very top executive of a union is on average, five times the median income in the USA. Bankers & CEOs? Sixty times the median income. Oops.
3. Union leader salaries are approved by the membership. Oops.
4. Unions are 100% American workers. Oops.

So okay, unions suck and have abused their power. But seriously?
Buying into the kool-aid dispenser's psychology of "Well see! The guys at AIG and CitiBank making $6,000,000 AND paying themselves $2,000,000 in bonus money from our taxdollars are swell because look! There's a union leader who makes $200K!"

Are there really that many people staring into the spinning circle and saying "Yes master" to this kind of bs?

I guess there are.

You see... you dumbasses STILL think that we want the 1%ers to be reduced to the Middle Class... because that's what the boys on FOX and AM radio keep telling you. Once again... at the risk of being ever so redundant... you're idiots.

We don't want rich people NOT to be rich. We're just sick of their tax games where it works out that we end up paying more than they do, they see their incomes and wealth increase exponentially, while we struggle to survive.

You keep hearing "class warfare" and you repeat it like fuckin' parrots. I don't give a shit if it's a CEO of Haliburton or the CEO of SEIU, or the President of the United States. They are getting a shit ton of pandering by the tax system and by society in general. They are the most pandered group in the country. They need to be the ones to bolster the Middle and Working Class. End the Corporate Welfare, get the money out of politics(yes... Unions too), and get the vast majority of our citizens in the black and buying shit again.... that's the ONLY way this economy is ever going to recover.

That means higher wages and better benefits.... either through taxation(National Health Care) or employers providing it.... it's too damned expensive for a family of four that has an Income of 30K(before taxes) to pay 12k of that out just in case they get sick.

End tax exemptions for unions while you're at it asshat.........

" Do your son a favor and be still. "

Nope. Gonna let him know that all the hard work in the world will enable to you skim by. Thats it. No more. If he elects to work 80 hours per week, he wont reap the benefits. All one can do in this country is hope to barely get by. Those are the facts and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY, can dispute this. It is an undeniable fact. I worked my butt off for 27 years for the same stupid company. Gave up weekends, holidays, my kids sporting events to meet with clients, go on flights, etc. And do you know what? This is for people like you, THEY STILL OWE ME. Yes I am retired, yes I own my own house its bought and paid for. BUT THAT COMPANY STILL OWES ME. Except, they went UNDER. GONE. GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE HEARING OF THEIR DEMISE. Talk about company leaders who did NOTHING to earn their way to the top. It surely isnt hard work that gets one to the top in alot of cases.

So.. The original Op had more to do with Union Bosses & Politicians living it up on someone else's dime.

The American worker just trying to survive while these characters waste their hard earned bucks.

The mind set and audacity should piss us all off.

You see... you dumbasses STILL think that we want the 1%ers to be reduced to the Middle Class... because that's what the boys on FOX and AM radio keep telling you. Once again... at the risk of being ever so redundant... you're idiots.

We don't want rich people NOT to be rich. We're just sick of their tax games where it works out that we end up paying more than they do, they see their incomes and wealth increase exponentially, while we struggle to survive.

You keep hearing "class warfare" and you repeat it like fuckin' parrots. I don't give a shit if it's a CEO of Haliburton or the CEO of SEIU, or the President of the United States. They are getting a shit ton of pandering by the tax system and by society in general. They are the most pandered group in the country. They need to be the ones to bolster the Middle and Working Class. End the Corporate Welfare, get the money out of politics(yes... Unions too), and get the vast majority of our citizens in the black and buying shit again.... that's the ONLY way this economy is ever going to recover.

That means higher wages and better benefits.... either through taxation(National Health Care) or employers providing it.... it's too damned expensive for a family of four that has an Income of 30K(before taxes) to pay 12k of that out just in case they get sick.

50% of Americans pay ZERO Federal income tax. so don't try to tell us the rich don't pay their fair share. it don't work out mathematically.

go douche... ya stink.

I get tired of explaining it to someone who is too fucking stupid and stubborn to get it...

you can't explain it cause yer rotten dumb.

I disagree. I know of no high income earner in the private sector that didn't work extremely hard.

Re-read my post. I didn't say they didn't work hard. The fallacy is that "working hard" is the single reason they made it.

I have always been amazed at the gullibility of workers in unions.
How a person can just hand over a part of their paycheck every week to an organization that does little/nothing for them...in fact likely to cost them their jobs one day - meanwhile this agency has leaders making NIIIICE salaries for working maybe 10 hours a month (and that is a stretch)...the workers can't afford a vacation beyond their backyard - meanwhile the Union bosses are on a "retreat" in Las Vegas.

Suckers.

exactly,, I figured that out when I was very young. the union bosses lived in very nice houses while we lived in not so very nice houses. and gave them part of the much needed money to feed our family. we got the hell out of the union and made our own way in life.. did well too.

go douche... ya stink.

I get tired of explaining it to someone who is too fucking stupid and stubborn to get it...

you can't explain it cause yer rotten dumb.

No... you can't accept the truth because you're a brainwashed hag.

I have accepted the truth and that is 50% of you leech off the 50% of us who do pay Federal Income tax. It's just that simple. so your bullshit that the rich don't pay their share is just that.. bullshit.

End tax exemptions for unions while you're at it asshat.........

Why? are they a "for profit" entity? Hell no... Just because people at the top have a salary, doesn't mean they are making a profit. Lastly... how about we end tax exemptions for Corporations... all of them?

Forum List

Back