Unintended consequences?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
The Supreme Court's narrow decision about health care pretty much drew a hard line in the sand. Moderates who were on the fence will join republicans in sweeping the democrat party off the map this fall. When you factor in the overwhelming 255-67 decision to hold the Attorney General in contempt and all the excuses incumbent democrat governors are making to skip the party convention it don't look good for Barry Hussein.

I think the way it was done is the icing on the cake. Networks all came out first by saying

HEALTHCARE MANDATE RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Then minutes later, the celebrating stopped, we found that the SCOTUS had ruled that it could be a TAX. Not necessarily how it was written, but they reached and found that it would be constitutional if they had written it that way. (Some may say that is legislating from the court, but who am I to say) But many of people will.

And that will upset many. Many who thought that the Obamacare was wrong llike they initially said and it will galvinize many to get behind the Republicans this fall with their checkbooks. Time will tell if this is true.

So if my government says that the best form of transportation is by bike they can legally make it mandatory for every American to buy a bicycle or pay a TAX
:eek:

there are always unintended consequences with any law that passes.

Everybody including liberals thought the mandate would be ruled unconstitutional. People are shocked and generally angered about how the 3,000 page monstrosity might effect their lives and they will demonstrate their anger this November. SCOTUS and the Hussein administration have awakened a sleeping public.

So if my government says that the best form of transportation is by bike they can legally make it mandatory for every American to buy a bicycle or pay a TAX

Purdy much...

The good news is, this ensures a landlslide defeat for the Dems in November. It's gonna make 1980 look mild.

Purdy much...

The good news is, this ensures a landlslide defeat for the Dems in November. It's gonna make 1980 look mild.

1980 was close. you sure you're not thinking of 1984?

I think the way it was done is the icing on the cake. Networks all came out first by saying

HEALTHCARE MANDATE RULED UNCONSTITUTIONAL

Then minutes later, the celebrating stopped, we found that the SCOTUS had ruled that it could be a TAX. Not necessarily how it was written, but they reached and found that it would be constitutional if they had written it that way. (Some may say that is legislating from the court, but who am I to say) But many of people will.

And that will upset many. Many who thought that the Obamacare was wrong llike they initially said and it will galvinize many to get behind the Republicans this fall with their checkbooks. Time will tell if this is true.

I read articles in the NY Times and IIRC written by CNN far before today’s decision. Both said that a victory for Obama might cost him the election, because it would fire up the republican and independent base who are against Obamacare. However a decision for Obama would fire up his base by stating SCOTUS was an activist court or those horrible republicans were just against Obama.

I do not think this ruling was expected by the left, they assumed it would be struck down and the right assumed it would be struckdown. I do not think either saw the rabbit Robert's pulled out of his hat TBH.

I guess we will see come November.

The Supreme Court's narrow decision about health care pretty much drew a hard line in the sand. Moderates who were on the fence will join republicans in sweeping the democrat party off the map this fall. When you factor in the overwhelming 255-67 decision to hold the Attorney General in contempt and all the excuses incumbent democrat governors are making to skip the party convention it don't look good for Barry Hussein.

This will be forgotten about after the conventions, come October/November. It will remain an issue only for those who weren’t going to vote for Obama anyway.

The key element of the ‘perfect storm’ needed to unseat a sitting president is still missing: a viable challenger.

However displeased some independents and weak democrats may be with Obama, they know the answer isn’t Romney.

The fatal miscalculation on the part of the President’s enemies is the incorrect assumption that voters in general hate Obama as much as they, and will vote for ‘just anybody,’ when that’s clearly not the case.

I tihnk you are fantasizing.

The Supreme Court just made Obama's re-election probable.

You see, frankly, there's not a lot "moderate" anger about ObamaCare out there.

Forum List

Back