"Uninsured" What uninsured??

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
From the WSJ
Democrats think they know how to run the insurance industry better than the insurance industry, and they're getting the chance to prove it under ObamaCare. Consider the early returns on its plan to insure Americans denied coverage for pre-existing conditions.

To judge by President Obama's rhetoric, the insurance industry's victims have been wandering the country like Okies in "The Grapes of Wrath." Thus ObamaCare gave the Health and Human Services Department the power to design and sell its own insurance policies. The $5 billion program started in July and runs through 2014, when ObamaCare's broader regulations kick in.

Mr. Obama declared at the time that "uninsured Americans who've been locked out of the insurance market because of a pre-existing condition will now be able to enroll in a new national insurance pool where they'll finally be able to purchase quality, affordable health care—some for the very first time in their lives."

So far that statement accurately describes a single person in North Dakota. Literally, one person has signed up out of 647,000 state residents. Four people have enrolled in West Virginia. Things are better in Minnesota, where Mr. Obama has rescued 15 out of 5.2 million, and also in Indiana—63 people there. HHS did best among the 24.7 million Texans. Thanks to ObamaCare, 393 of them are now insured.
more at the source. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703805004575606891744060162.html

So the "problem" was people with pre-existing conditions that insurance companies wouldn't insure. The Obama solution: Another government program. Looks like this one flopped. The Obama solution: More government program.
To increase enrollment they cut prices even more, throwing more subsidy on the taxpayer.
When I wrote in another thread that bureaucrats get power from increasing the number of people "served" some people doubted me. This business should leave little doubt. Instead of drawing hte conclusion that the program is a bad solution to a non-existent problem they simply changed the definitions so they could "serve" more people.
This is where Obamacare is going. It always was. Kill it now!

I actually think that government sponsored health care is a good thing, and that Obama's plan didnt go far enough. I dont like gevernment being involved in everything in my life either, but I think that health caqre IS one of the things they should concern themselves with. Where I get aggravated is when the government tells me that I have to do certain things like say...wearing a frickin seatbelt.

Those are the places government needs to be brought down a peg or two. Why dont the tea party people seem to have problems with those kinds of things?

Last edited:
From the WSJ
So far that statement accurately describes a single person in North Dakota. Literally, one person has signed up out of 647,000 state residents. Four people have enrolled in West Virginia. Things are better in Minnesota, where Mr. Obama has rescued 15 out of 5.2 million, and also in Indiana—63 people there. HHS did best among the 24.7 million Texans. Thanks to ObamaCare, 393 of them are now insured.
more at the source. Review & Outlook: The 8,011-Person Crisis - WSJ.com

So the "problem" was people with pre-existing conditions that insurance companies wouldn't insure. The Obama solution: Another government program. Looks like this one flopped. The Obama solution: More government program.
To increase enrollment they cut prices even more, throwing more subsidy on the taxpayer.
When I wrote in another thread that bureaucrats get power from increasing the number of people "served" some people doubted me. This business should leave little doubt. Instead of drawing hte conclusion that the program is a bad solution to a non-existent problem they simply changed the definitions so they could "serve" more people.
This is where Obamacare is going. It always was. Kill it now!

Indiana already had a model insurance pool for people with pre-existing medical conditions, regardless of their condition. Probably what happened in the Indiana case was that the reported 63 were either directed to go to the state health plan, or they were the 63 that went there since passage of the OBAMACARE Act, meaning no change whatsoever in IN.

Last edited:

Have any of you read the repeal-and-replace legislation? High-risk pools are one of the pillars of the alternative the GOP is offering. In fact, high-risk pools and extending dependent coverage through the age of 25 are the only approaches to addressing coverage that they take. If you're not liking the early provisions of the ACA that have gone into effect this year, the odds aren't good that you're going to like the legislation being proposed to replace it.

Have any of you read the repeal-and-replace legislation? High-risk pools are one of the pillars of the alternative the GOP is offering. In fact, high-risk pools and extending dependent coverage through the age of 25 are the only approaches to addressing coverage that they take. If you're not liking the early provisions of the ACA that have gone into effect this year, the odds aren't good that you're going to like the legislation being proposed to replace it.

High risk pools have been around at the state level for a long time.

Guaranteeing you can buy the health insurance you want for the price you want to pay is fraud.

Last edited:

Guaranteeing you can buy the health insurance you want for the price you want to pay is fraud.

they arent guaranteeing a specific price, they are guaranteeing you access to coverage instead of an automatic denial. you cant simply walk in and say i want coverage and only want to pay $10 / month for it, it doesnt work like that.

they arent guaranteeing a specific price, they are guaranteeing you access to coverage instead of an automatic denial. you cant simply walk in and say i want coverage and only want to pay $10 / month for it, it doesnt work like that.

I have no problem with state run HIRSP programs, if your state wants to have one.

Nobody can keep the kinds of promises Greenbeard comes in here and lies about on daily basis.

His gripe about Republican plans is they are not collectivist solutions to individual problems. Guilty as charged, since those are false utopias.

obama-care51.jpg

This is a temporary, transitional program.

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You really believe that?? When has any government program been temporary??

So you want to take the stance that NO government program has EVER been temporary?

If I show you one that was, will you leave this board forever?
I wouldn't give you the satisfaction.

If I show some government programs billed as temporary would you STFU and GTFO?

I actually think that government sponsored health care is a good thing, and that Obama's plan didnt go far enough. I dont like gevernment being involved in everything in my life either, but I think that health caqre IS one of the things they should concern themselves with. Where I get aggravated is when the government tells me that I have to do certain things like say...wearing a frickin seatbelt.

Those are the places government needs to be brought down a peg or two. Why dont the tea party people seem to have problems with those kinds of things?
Where do they have the authority?

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! You really believe that?? When has any government program been temporary??

So you want to take the stance that NO government program has EVER been temporary?

If I show you one that was, will you leave this board forever?
I wouldn't give you the satisfaction.

If I show some government programs billed as temporary would you STFU and GTFO?

No I want you to be a man and put something on the table to risk to back up your claim that no government program has EVER been temporary.

Forum List

Back