Uninsured rate keeps climbing under Republicans

Discussion in 'ObamaCare' started by antontoo, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    So, you are saying people will pay up to 2,085 dollars for not getting insurance ?

2. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,499
    Because then the usurpation of power is gleaned through the loophole that all the country is in the federal district.

The care for the citizenry (if indeed it can be said that government has a responsibility to care for individuals) is left to the lowest denominator. City/Borough/village, or to the county and finally to the State. In either case, none of these pertain to the US Constitution regarding the general welfare.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,709
    Maximizing insurance coverage well make the health care market worse, not better. Poor people shouldn't waste money on insurance. And people who want to help poor people shouldn't waste money buying them insurance. If you want to help people who can't afford health care, give them money for health care. There's reason to funnel it through insurance companies so they can take a cut.

4. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,261
    It has always been the intent of Republicans to increase the number of uninsured

5. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,681
    I wish I didn't mean it.

What other reason could the GOP possibly have for working to take healthcare away from millions of Americans?

Why want to cut food stamps for children and veterans?

Why want to end school lunches and day care.

Republicans don't do all these mean spirited policies because they like these people. They want these people to suffer. That's the only explanation that makes sense.

6. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    You've already answered the question without even allowing for a response.

I might understand someone saying....."It sure seems like.....".

But you openly make draw the conclusion with no real argument.

There are plenty of explanations for doing those things that don't fit your conclusion;

Example: Right or Wrong, some people feel it is NOT within the purview of the federal government to provide healthcare. There is nothing means spirited about wanting to follow WHAT YOU THINK is the intent of the constitution.

I am not arguing that point. I am simply telling what the case might be.

So there is another explanation that "makes sense" (to use your words). You may not agree with it, but it is both legitimate (as an argument) and without vitrol of any kind.

7. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Additionally, the health care industry knows how to level the playing field. I was sent to the E.R. the other day and got a $4,000 bill (i expected a huge bill for a three hour stay, a couple of x-rays, and 1 pill...but this was beyond stupid). As I left I met someone I know who does not have insurance going into the E.R. for something more than what I had. Their bill will be higher. I have good insurance, but will still pay $500. These other folks can't afford $50.

There is no reason for an E.R. to be that expensive.....except as a vehicle to recover costs.

8. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It has always been the intent of the left wing to kill any legitimate conversation by making these kinds of stupid statements.

I am not a republican, but I am a conservative.

The intent of conservatives is to balance things so that we don't have huge debt. Somehow the left wing thinks that continuing to operate inefficient hospitals is good way to spend our money.

9. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,812
    Come on , you have to know how every GOP in the debates said they would get rid of the ACA and when DT got in he has worked very hard on getting rid of it.

10. MadChemist

MadChemist Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Correlation does not explain causation.

You'd need to show how anything Trump or the GOP has done has caused there to be a higher percentage of uninsured.

I am not saying you can't. I am saying you haven't.

One answer could be that people are tired of paying for very high priced plans that amount to little more than catastrophic coverage (which used to be cheaper albeit not as comprehensive).