Unified European Language.

Will Europe develop a unified language for schools, local government, and business? India has successfully implemented the English language in this fashion, and unified. Even the nation states within the EU selected a national language and implemented it. Will the EU succeed to select and implement such a unified pan-European language?

Someone once said something like 70 or 80% of all questions were statements in disguise. I get the feeling we are having one of those moments here. So with that said, what do you know that the rest of us don't know? Care to share?

Well I could say a lot, and you are very observant indeed. But there are no receptors for it in the English speaking cultures, so my best option is a question format discussion. Let me risk one of many aspects though. Language and banking privileges are symbiotic. So are asset entitlements.
Perhaps then one of those game show questions...... like Who built the original tower of Babel?
Will Europe develop a unified language for schools, local government, and business? India has successfully implemented the English language in this fashion, and unified. Even the nation states within the EU selected a national language and implemented it. Will the EU succeed to select and implement such a unified pan-European language?

Someone once said something like 70 or 80% of all questions were statements in disguise. I get the feeling we are having one of those moments here. So with that said, what do you know that the rest of us don't know? Care to share?

Well I could say a lot, and you are very observant indeed. But there are no receptors for it in the English speaking cultures, so my best option is a question format discussion. Let me risk one of many aspects though. Language and banking privileges are symbiotic. So are asset entitlements.
Perhaps then one of those game show questions...... like Who built the original tower of Babel?
And who paid for it and how ...

More to the point, the EU promotes the maintenance of regional identities. This works well for states like Italy, Germany, Spain etc. where the cultures are regional more than national.

More to the point, the EU promotes the maintenance of regional identities. This works well for states like Italy, Germany, Spain etc. where the cultures are regional more than national.
Ideally yes, but it is taken hostage by nation states such as France and all nation states that were created by ww1-2. So can't be realized.

I wish the United States would adopt a policy of language revival. It is sad when a people lose their language.

What sort of government policy are you thinking of?

Linguists are working to record and save the many, many dying languages all over the world. Sometimes languages are pushed to extinction and sometimes they just die out naturally. It's the same sort of process that applies to plants and animals.

As for the EU, knowledge of English or German pretty much covers most people participating in that questionable union; and France would never agree to a single language unless it was theirs.

If there is going to be one language I would say German is going to be it. The reason is simple - the Book of Daniel told of such a time when Germany would given dominion and it is directly tied to the ten nation confederacy known as the EU. Furthermore Germany is the only nation in the union that has 2 votes ( rather than 1 ) that alone tells us something is up. The EU is most definitely going to rise to power in the future - wait and see.

The one language is English, like it or not.

Europe is not a country/nation state.

I wish the United States would adopt a policy of language revival. It is sad when a people lose their language.

What sort of government policy are you thinking of?

Linguists are working to record and save the many, many dying languages all over the world. Sometimes languages are pushed to extinction and sometimes they just die out naturally. It's the same sort of process that applies to plants and animals.

As for the EU, knowledge of English or German pretty much covers most people participating in that questionable union; and France would never agree to a single language unless it was theirs.

If there is going to be one language I would say German is going to be it. The reason is simple - the Book of Daniel told of such a time when Germany would given dominion and it is directly tied to the ten nation confederacy known as the EU. Furthermore Germany is the only nation in the union that has 2 votes ( rather than 1 ) that alone tells us something is up. The EU is most definitely going to rise to power in the future - wait and see.

The one language is English, like it or not.

Europe is not a country/nation state.

With Brexit, the EU is on track to become a country/nation. That's what the "ever closer union" is all about.

With Britain out of the picture German could eventually regain it's path to continential dominance interrupted by thw two world war defeats.

Last edited:

No.

With Britain out of the picture German could eventually regain it's path to continential dominance interrupted by thw two world war defeats....

The French would never get on board with that.

With Britain out of the picture German could eventually regain it's path to continential dominance interrupted by thw two world war defeats.

German used to be the de facto language of European trade and justice for many centuries. It would be relatively easy to reinstate it, from the cultural point of view. Maybe even the Polish would accept that. But the French ...

anotherlife said:
German used to be the de facto language of European trade and justice for many centuries. It would be relatively easy to reinstate it, from the cultural point of view. Maybe even the Polish would accept that. But the French ...

Unkotare said:
The French would never get on board with that.

Well Sod the French.

Forum List

Back