Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Unhinged
By David Limbaugh
November 25, 2005

I picked up my friend Michelle Malkin's book, Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild, to peruse it, thinking I would get around to reading it when I finished the other three books I'm currently reading on and off. After reading the first few pages, though, I was hooked and had to read the whole thing.

Michelle deliberately chose the title, "Unhinged," purposely, to convey that the American Left, generally speaking, has long since come unglued, giving itself over to irrationality and extremism rather than reasoned discourse. "This book," writes Michelle, "is not about liberals being liberal. It is about liberals who've lost their grip on sanity and reality."

Today, you can cite myriad examples of liberal irrationality, conspiracy theory, flagrant dishonesty and even violence, and say, "Well, every political movement has its extremists, but they aren't representative of the whole and therefore do not taint the movement itself."

But Michelle amasses a book's worth of evidence demonstrating that these bizarre thought and behavior patterns are far too voluminous to be dismissed as anecdotal. They are indicative of a mindset – an unhealthy one at that – that she documents meticulously in her first chapter, "Liberals on the Couch."

There she cites example after painful example of liberals themselves admitting their unmitigated personal hatred for President Bush and how it colors their view of every issue and in many cases affects their psychological well being.

Even with the mountains of evidence and the liberals' self-confessed anti-Bush obsession, it would still be difficult to paint the entirety of the American Left as a few bricks shy of a load. But, as Michelle points out, we're not just talking about a couple hundred mouth-foaming radicals on the Internet. "The scariest part is, these Internet crazies aren't just riding along in the Democrat bus – they're driving it."

for full book review:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=47581

Forum List

Back