Ungrateful

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Well folks I haven't ranted about my employees for a while so I'm due.

We've had a great year in 2011 and by all benchmarks we're up almost 10% year to date so my wife and I wanted to do something nice for our staff.

We got them all a $50 gift card had lunch catered and I had a massage therapist come in and give everyone a 20 minute chair massage. Both full and part timers got the royal treatment.

We spread all this out over a few days as not everyone works everyday.

So lo and behold the next week a few people really fucked up and made some pretty serious mistakes.

I called them on the carpet and I hear this: "How come you only complain about our work and never tell us we're doing a good job?"

I'm glad my wife was there because i would have blown my top at this ungrateful asshole and most likely would have told her to take a fucking hike.

So now instead of gift cards, bonuses, catered lunches and massages all their going to get is a heart felt ATTABOY or ATTAGIRL as the case may be.

And then I'll go get myself a massage.

i dont mean to sound hateful but i am trying to decide on how much to give as gifts...for grads...

50 bucks aint a tank of gas nowdays

but that should not matter....i gave someone a 50 buck gift card for the movies...the person has 2 kids.....50 bucks wont get them all in with popcorn and a drink...but the person was touched by the thought...simple as that....as your employees should have been...

i dont mean to sound hateful but i am trying to decide on how much to give as gifts...for grads...

50 bucks aint a tank of gas nowdays

I never turned my nose up at 50 bucks and i still don't

o dont get me wrong.....i dont turn my nose up either....but when you are giving out grads gifts....that can run into money....see i think the 50 bucks and lunch is great.....but the massage i have issues with....you could have an employee like me..who does not like to be touched...the would have been an ordeal for me...many times people think they are being kind when in reality they are creating another person's nightmare....i faced this at work last year when the head of costumes for the october fest informed me she was ordering me a traditional german dress that is very low cut...and revealing.....she put me in a very uncomfie place....as i told her i would not wear anything that revealing...that i was a modest person....i rarely reveal more than my arms and face....everything else is covered....but she thought she was being all....giving and making sure i was included when it just created an uncomfie for me

so i ask you skull .....why would you give such an intimate thing to employees?

We've had a great year in 2011 and by all benchmarks we're up almost 10% year to date so my wife and I wanted to do something nice for our staff.

We got them all a $50 gift card had lunch catered and I had a massage therapist come in and give everyone a 20 minute chair massage. Both full and part timers got the royal treatment.

So lo and behold the next week a few people really fucked up and made some pretty serious mistakes.

I called them on the carpet and I hear this: "How come you only complain about our work and never tell us we're doing a good job?"

I'm glad my wife was there because i would have blown my top at this ungrateful asshole and most likely would have told her to take a fucking hike.

So now instead of gift cards, bonuses, catered lunches and massages all their going to get is a heart felt ATTABOY or ATTAGIRL as the case may be.

Damn!! you hiring?

I pace myself at 160% to rate week in and week out and all I get to do is quickly sign a feedback report.

pfft

catering? Bust my ass on Friday, be the top worker and I get 2 vendor bucks, if it's offered.

There's always one loud-mouthed lime in every business, Skull Pilot. I'm glad your wife was nearby to give you insight. Behind every successful man, there's a woman. :D

Its not just your workers, most people are ungrateful these days. When you do something nice for someone, they act like you were supposed to be doing that anyways.

Forum List

Back