Unfit to be President: Rick Perry

Perry seems to me like he can portray himself as hawkish if not 100% orthodox on illegal immigration. He might shift his positions a bit, but I don't think they will disqualify him at all in the race for the GOP nomination.

I am not a Perry fan by any means for a variety of reasons....but I needed to comment on your post.

It is a refreshing change to see one as liberal as you are who speaks from a position of intelligence and not simply from a position of "right is bad, left is good."

I enjoy your posts.

It's not the issue of immigration that will kill the Perry campaign.

It's his inability to complete a sentence of his own alleged position(s) that will do his campaign in.

Listen. There are three things I consider crucial here. (A) there's -- uh -- what was the second thing again?

Uhmm.

Ok. Ok. I'll start over.

First and foremost, there's -- uhh ---

Wait a second; it's on the tip of my tongue.

Uhm.

Look. You guys go ahead. I -- uhm -- need a moment here to -- uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what was I saying?​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno]Obama Asthma Teleprompter Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

Everyone has stumbles like that. At least Perry knows what a breathalyzer is.

It's not the issue of immigration that will kill the Perry campaign.

It's his inability to complete a sentence of his own alleged position(s) that will do his campaign in.

Listen. There are three things I consider crucial here. (A) there's -- uh -- what was the second thing again?

Uhmm.

Ok. Ok. I'll start over.

First and foremost, there's -- uhh ---

Wait a second; it's on the tip of my tongue.

Uhm.

Look. You guys go ahead. I -- uhm -- need a moment here to -- uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

what was I saying?​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno]Obama Asthma Teleprompter Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

Everyone has stumbles like that. At least Perry knows what a breathalyzer is.

But but but . . .

that's my POINT.

Now that we see what a mumbling, fumbling, incoherent bumbling ass hat can do to mangle the language (despite the use of a freakin' teleprompter at virtually all times) does anybody want to take the chance of replacing one mumbling, fumbling, incoherent bumbling ass hat with another mumbling, fumbling, incoherent bumbling ass hat?

No.

Reagan was criticised for being gaffe prone. SO was Bush jr. So what? Id rather have someone like that than a used car salesman.

Only if Americans are to stupid to know the difference between. immigration and Illegal Immigration. See one can be for allowing More Immigration, while being for Stopping Illegal immigration and securing the Border.

Problem is the Left and the Press have for some time been trying to convince Americans that it is all or nothing. Either you are pro Immigration, Or you Hate Immigration.

I think you're taking the use of "immigration" here of context. It seems to me that the article is suggesting that Perry's stand on immigration policy is a very weak point for him, and he's right. He's articulated no specific plan regarding immigration. Will he expand the number of visas allowed? Will he restrict them? We haven't an idea. He especially does not have any plan to curb and deal with illegal immigration. As the article contrasts, Romney has outlined several specific steps that he would take. That alone puts the immigration issue squarely in Romney's corner, between the two of them.

They Constantly try and make it seem people against Illegal Immigration and for Securing the Border must therefore be racists who are against any Immigration.

They Keep saying it, But save for a small Minority of Racists, it's not true.

Forget the racist stuff for a moment. Do you even know Perry's record on immigration? He opposes a border fence, he's in favor of expanding incentives for illegals, like free college, which is evidenced by the fact that he's done it. Perry likes to brag about his paltry job growth in Texas over his tenure. But what he doesn't tell you is that those jobs are low paying jobs largely filled by illegal immigrants. When it comes to illegal immigration, Perry rolls out the welcome mat.

Reagan was criticised for being gaffe prone. SO was Bush jr. So what? Id rather have someone like that than a used car salesman.

So when are you going to change that Perry avatar? Ready to concede you jumped on the Perry bandwagon too quickly? The guy thinks it is important to change our government structure and close three departments and can't even remember which three? Shows how in depth his decision to close them was

There are other candidates you can choose Rabbi. May I suggest Bachmann? She shares an intellect level with the failed governor from Texas

Perry seems to me like he can portray himself as hawkish if not 100% orthodox on illegal immigration. He might shift his positions a bit, but I don't think they will disqualify him at all in the race for the GOP nomination.

Perry is in a catch 22. He can't really take a strong stand against illegal immigration, because his record in Texas demonstrates otherwise. It would be extremely difficult for him to sell himself as being strong against illegal immigration. And the kicker is that, even if he tries, and most especially if he did succeed, he'd be destroying his support at home. A person with Romney's stance on immigration would not enjoy the kind of support in Texas that Perry needs to try to maintain. The Latino vote in Texas would rebel on Perry. You remember several years ago when the Congress was considering passing a law that would make illegal immigration a criminal offense? Mobs of illegals took to the streets. In many places in Texas, they closed school so that kids could go participate. Yeah, that's what Perry would have to risk if he tried to position himself as hard against illegal immigration.

If Perry has the know-nothing Right and the Progressives mad at him he is surely doing something right. As someone said, judge a man by who his enemies are. Perry will sail to the presidency if that's the case.

Yeah, he's doing something right. If he could only remember what it was.....

So when are you going to change that Perry avatar? Ready to concede you jumped on the Perry bandwagon too quickly? The guy thinks it is important to change our government structure and close three departments and can't even remember which three? Shows how in depth his decision to close them was

There are other candidates you can choose Rabbi. May I suggest Bachmann? She shares an intellect level with the failed governor from Texas

Who are you to judge anything? Your messiah thinks there are 58 states.. Let's listen, shall we? Note, he thinks reallll hard trying to think , just how many states there are.. once he's certain he;s correct.. he notes "And I have one left to go." ROFLMAO The 58 states of the US!! I guess that makes Barry unfit, doesn't it rightwinger????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

I can't see Perry being able to debate anyone except perhaps an illegal immigrant.

Oh, Perry would lose that one too. He'd insist on doing the debate in Mexican, to "have a heart." But his Mexican wouldn't be quite up to par with a native speaker's.

Reagan was criticised for being gaffe prone.
Are you seriously comparing Perry to Reagan? You must not think to highly of him.

Having a brain fart or a "senior moment" is one thing. What Perry did is show that his ideas ar enot his own, they are fed to him and he can't memorize the stuff they put in his head.

Everyone have a brain freeze but with a little prompting they can remember and move ahead.

Rick Perry was told by other candidates which Agencies he'd close yet he still couldn't remember which ones they were!

If you look back at his whole answer, he started just fine. (I paraphrase) "Caterpillar moved it's jobs to Texas because Texas is a great place for business". I think he hit it out of the park! Why didn't he just stop there?

Because he heard Ron Paul and another Candidate talk about "closing gov't agencies" and thought it was a great point he tried to incorporate it into one of his answers but look what happened. What we saw was the natural, unrehearsed Rick Perry.

It's just more proof he's a deeply flawed, puppet candidate.

Perry took a political stand on a national issue totally in line with the position that he has held throughout his years in politics...State Powers (Rights) over Federal Powers. Less central control and more decentralized control.

Perry's "stand" on state powers is exactly while I'll NEVER vote for him for President. Perry doesn't want his home to be part of the Union. He wants to secede from the Union. Yet he also wants to be President of the Union? I cannot vote for President a person who supports secession.

Who are you to judge anything? Your messiah thinks there are 58 states.. Let's listen, shall we? Note, he thinks reallll hard trying to think , just how many states there are.. once he's certain he;s correct.. he notes "And I have one left to go." ROFLMAO The 58 states of the US!! I guess that makes Barry unfit, doesn't it rightwinger????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

We already know Obama is unfit to be president. We have at least 30 to 40 threads a day on it

So what does that have to do with the embarrassing floundering of top candidates from the GOP? From the pathetic back and forth of Cain trying to respond to sexual harassment charges to Perrys unpreparedness for national debates.

These are the guys the GOP is touting to replace the failure that is Obama? You are supposed to show you are a better alternative. It ain't happening

Yeah......but, you're a......

emoticon_turd.gif

(.....And, Republicans haven't finished scraping the last-o'-you clowns from the bottom o' their shoes.)​

Last edited:

We already know Obama is unfit to be president. We have at least 30 to 40 threads a day on it

So what does that have to do with the embarrassing floundering of top candidates from the GOP? From the pathetic back and forth of Cain trying to respond to sexual harassment charges to Perrys unpreparedness for national debates.

These are the guys the GOP is touting to replace the failure that is Obama? You are supposed to show you are a better alternative. It ain't happening

No offense.....but that is EXACTLY the tactic Obama is going to be using.

I am already seeing posts from the left that can easily be interpreted as :

"yeah, our guy sucks ass, but your guys suck ass even more"

I don't support Perry.. Do you support Barry??

The POINT which you seem too obtuse to want to acknowledge is that to you and your ilk, the bumbling incoherence and embarrassing floundering of candidates is only a "problem" for Republicans.

Of course, your thesis isn't even true. You are just a left wing Democrat partisan. So you pretend that all Republicans are floundering.

The concerted effort of the left wing Democrat Parody (and their hand-maiden liberal main stream propaganda ministry media) is to attempt to portray all GOP candidates as 'floundering." It simply isn't true.

The Cain smear campaign is obviously orchestrated, but that doesn't mean any of the charges are true.

Guys like you besmirch Perry endlessly when his inarticulate and odd debate efforts make him an obvious target for partisan ridicule. BUT, you show no such concern for the Teleprompter President when his own efforts at non-scripted extemporaneous speaking send him down some rabbit hole of incoherence.

If the choice comes down to inarticulate bumbling President Obama or oddly incoherent Gov. Perry, I'd vote for Gov. Perry in a freakin' HEARTBEAT over the incumbent. Why? Because the trouble with public speaking is a wash. Both sides would cancel each other out in terms of public speaking problems. What would be left is the policy differences. And the incumbent's record (with just a couple of exceptions which I happily acknowledge) is horrendous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back