Unfiltered Words from the USS Abraham Lincoln

Discussion in 'Asia' started by drowe, Feb 2, 2005.

1. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    This has to be very frustrating for our Sailors and Marines!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I can't believe they let those people eat in the same room as our sailors, soldiers, and airmen.

That's absurd.

They better be paying for that; the food, the space, and their share of the fuel expended.

Somehow I doubt they are.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I enjoyed reading Stanton's article, based on his own experience in South Asia. Too bad those sailors couldn't have "accidentally" thrown Dan Rather and the CBS crew into the Indian Ocean and let them either sink or swim.

I think America's military ships should be off limits to foreigners, no matter what their station in life. We don't have an obligation to play host to these people. Why can't they take responsibility for themselves once in awhile and quit depending on the goodness of Americans? Would it be too hard for them to plan ahead and see that their own needs were taken care of before arriving in an area?

As far as the behavior of the Indonesians go, either they would let us use their air space or we would be out of there. We went there to help in their time of need; if they impede our doing that, we should hightail it out of there and let them take care of their own problems the best they can. As long as Americans in charge of situations like this let foreigners treat us like a doormat, you can be sure they will.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I posted this via Blackfive awhile ago on my blog. Awhile later this appeared on Blackfive: http://www.blackfive.net/main/2005/01/the_other_side_.html

It's the other side of the story. Not a complete disavowal, but a perspective type of thing. The Staton piece was a pen name, while this is not.

5. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Thank you, Kathianne, for providing this additional information about Stanton's article. Your sources of information never fail to amaze me, and I am so appreciative of your efforts.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hey Adam's Apple, thanks. :cheers2:

7. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks Kathianne! It's nice to hear the other side of Stanton's story.

"I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kathianne again." :mad: