Unexplained Occurrences

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Have you ever had something happen to you that you can't explain? I'll begin this tread.

One year to celebrate Secretary's Day, all members of our office staff went to our "haunted house" restaurant, by the women's request, for lunch. We have a restaurant in our town that has a reputation of being haunted, some think by children. As we ate our lunch, we discussed the local talk about this restaurant, and I took the tack that the rumor probably wasn't true, but it surely was a good advertising ploy because it drew people to the restaurant out of curiosity .

The day we went to this restaurant was a cold, rainy day toward the end of April, with wind blowing the rain and making umbrellas necessary. I had driven to the restaurant separately because I wanted to stop at the courthouse downtown and pay the May installment of my property taxes before going on to the restaurant. I always keep all the doors in my car locked, and when it rains, definitely all the windows are rolled up. After the lunch, I went to my car to return to the office. As I started the car up and started to drive toward the exit, I heard a rattling on the passenger's side of the car. I looked over and the door on the passenger's side was slightly ajar, hadn't completely opened yet, and the window had been rolled all the way down, and rain had started splattering on the leather upholstery. The only explanation I can come up with is that those kid ghosts had the last laugh on me after all.

When my oldest girl was 3, my younger girl was about 18 mo., and I was a huge, cumbersome whale with my Davy in my belly, we went to McDonald's to let the kids play in the playland. I had the two girls out of their carseats, and was turning around to lock up the car. Little 18-month Emma went running into the parking lot. I chugged my pregnant body around, trying to reach her, but I couldn't quite grab her, and a car was barreling into the lot. It was one of those moments where time seems to advance in slow motion, where you can hear your heart thumping in your ears, and your voice sounds like a vinyl record with rpm problems. I called to her, but she didn't stop. The car was coming closer, closer, and my baby wouldn't stop! Suddenly, she was thrust backward, and the car skimmed by, inches from her chubby little body.

Here's the weird thing. I can see it in my mind. She didn't stop herself with her legs. It was like she ran into a chest-high barrier. Her head and torso recoiled while her legs kept going for a step. She just stood perfectly still while the car passed, didn't run back to me. Call me a Jesus Freak, but I really believe she was saved by her guardian angel that day.

Another story...
One summer evening, in the "gloaming," I was driving down a rural road toward my house. I was probably about 20 at the time, and still lived at home with my parents. I drove slowly, enjoying the purple- and blue-stained sky, lightly peppered with stars. Cow silhouettes grazed beside black bulked hay rolls, and the frogs were singing in the trees. Up in the sky, I noticed a star moving, very quickly, faster than any airplane I had ever seen. Suddenly, it stopped, midair, hovering, then jerked upward at a 90-degree-angle before speeding away. I was totally freaked.

I drove home, and my 16-year-old sister was there with her boyfriend. They had seen it, too, and were jabbering about the "UFO." That was the weirdest aircraft I have ever seen. We live about 100 miles south of Wright Patterson Air Force Base. My theory is that is was some kind of military plane being tested over the farmlands where it was less likely to be seen.

After I first got divorced a few years ago, and I was still in that "life is ending" phase of the pain, I was laying in bed one night, feeling like utter crap, when this outline of an angelic face appeared a couple feet above me in the darkness, pursed it's lips, and blew a puff of air down on me. I actually felt it. It was cool air, and as soon as it hit me, I felt enveloped in love. Believe it....... or not.

As a young child - 3 or 4 and into my 5th year, I suffered what now are called 'night terrors'. I'd get out of bed, still sleeping, but in utter panic. I'd be walking along the walls, looking for a doorway to somewhere, crying and screaming in terror. After some time, I'm unsure if it were months or weeks of this, or even years...But I remember one instance of my parents huddled around me on bended knee praying for me. After they were finished, they put me back in bed. The lights in my room were off as they tucked me in - I slept in the bottom of a bunk-bed under -Cp.

Sometime after they left, I half-awoke to a tingling feeling. As I opened my eyes in the dark room, I could 'just' make out the shape of a large hand reaching down to me from across my body. Think if you were kneeling beside a bed, facing the person sleeping on their back, and you reached your right hand over to touch their chest/heart area. When the hand made contact with me I felt electricuted, but no pain. It was as if my room became the surface of the sun because of the brightness. My head was swimming, I felt as though I were floating. I looked across the room towards my door to see, just for an instant, the figure of a bearded man wearing a robe. He was standing with arms to his side, palms facing outward. We made eye contact for a brief second, and then he was gone. The room was dark. I believe I've never suffered another 'night terror' from that moment on.

Fast forward about 8 or 9 years and I was 13, walking to school. Not paying attention as I approached a cross street I stepped off the curb JUST as speeding car ran the stop sign, and pulled out onto the main road. Before my foot hit the ground, I felt like (get his, mom4) I hit a chest-high barrier. My arms and head sorta bounced forward, but my body stopped - JUST in time.

:)

This is about my mom not me. We, Mom, Dad and brother were watching tv.
My mom laid down on the floor where she fell asleep.

Some time went by, 30-40 minutes maybe. All of the sudden my mom raised up very abruptly and said, “What”! We told her no one had said anything to her. Then she said, “I just heard my daddy call me”. 30 minutes later we got the call that my grandfather her dad, had died a few hours earlier.

I personally can't think of anything, but here's a humorous story about my friend Michelle.

She has been reading these books on getting in touch with your spiritualty, and your guardian angels, and such. Personally, I think she's a bit nuts on this stuff, because I think if you read enough about it, your mind will start seeing the stuff, whether it is real or not.

Anyway, she was telling me this, and she said she thinks her grandma who passed away several years ago is her guarian angel. Michelle has these wooden cups that each have a letter that spell out NOEL that she puts out for Christmas. She inherited them from her grandma. She said that several times in the past few weeks she had them out, she would look at them and notice they were not facing straight-the cups would be turned slightly, and she would turn them back. Well, this was about the time she was reading these books. She said she thinks it was her grandma, because her grandma used to have those cups off center like that.

As she was telling me this, Tim came in the room. He was curious as to what we were talking about. Michelle told him what she believed, and he started laughing. She was apalled he would laugh at her. He was like "I'm not really laughing at you, per se. Just the situation. I have been turning those cups just to mess with you because I know how anal you are about stuff being straight and symmetrical! I was just doing it to get your goat!"

Michelle looked like she was about to kick his ass. I had to stifle my laughter, and I told her that I don't think she is crazy for believing that stuff, but it was kind of funny. Tim still does that kind of thing once in a while, and still gives her crap about it.

One night when I was in highschool, I think I was 15 because I was driving my dad, school had ended and I walked to my dad's office to drive him home. We live out in a very rural area out on a country road--there aren't very many lights at all so the stars are always very bright. Me and my dad were almost to the dirt road driveway that circles around our lake when we both spotted what we thought was a falling star. It was an extremely bright ball of light that zipped into our field of vision from the left then it stopped abruptly and appeared to be fixed in one spot for about three seconds. After that it began moving at a constant speed back off to the right at about a 45 degree angle. My dad started yelling "follow it! follow it!" because I had stopped the car to look up at it. We drove about four miles up our road but did not see it again. Then we went home and ate supper and our family didn't believe us. UFO!

Hagbard Celine said:
One night when I was in highschool, I think I was 15 because I was driving my dad, school had ended and I walked to my dad's office to drive him home. We live out in a very rural area out on a country road--there aren't very many lights at all so the stars are always very bright. Me and my dad were almost to the dirt road driveway that circles around our lake when we both spotted what we thought was a falling star. It was an extremely bright ball of light that zipped into our field of vision from the left then it stopped abruptly and appeared to be fixed in one spot for about three seconds. After that it began moving at a constant speed back off to the right at about a 45 degree angle. My dad started yelling "follow it! follow it!" because I had stopped the car to look up at it. We drove about four miles up our road but did not see it again. Then we went home and ate supper and our family didn't believe us. UFO!
I believe you.

Mom4, we have a lady friend who had a pretty close encounter with a UFO (or "ghost light", as she calls it) some years ago. I will see if it is all right with her if I tell her story on the board. When I started this thread, I didn't intend to tell other people's stories, but her story is interesting and still unexplained, like most UFO stories are.

I used to hear weird knocking and bumping sounds in my old apartment, even when nobody lived above us. One night, I was in there alone one night, in the kitchen getting something to drink, and I happened to glance up and see someone standing in my living room, a bald guy with a white t-shirt and jeans on, just standing there staring at me. It was only there for a second or two, then it disappeared. After that, though, I'd hear lots of loud noises, like stuff falling off shelves and stuff, a lot. And, one of my friends was spending the night and claimed he saw someone walking down the hall past his door. He was so scared he couldn't sleep, and I'm talking about a big-time he-man jock type.

I don't really believe in ghosts, so I don't want to say that's what it was, but... I really have no explanation for what was happening in there. The whole time I was there, I never felt, I don't know, comfortable. I'd constantly get that feeling like someone was walking up behind me, even when I was alone.

Dan said:
I used to hear weird knocking and bumping sounds in my old apartment, even when nobody lived above us. One night, I was in there alone one night, in the kitchen getting something to drink, and I happened to glance up and see someone standing in my living room, a bald guy with a white t-shirt and jeans on, just standing there staring at me. It was only there for a second or two, then it disappeared. After that, though, I'd hear lots of loud noises, like stuff falling off shelves and stuff, a lot. And, one of my friends was spending the night and claimed he saw someone walking down the hall past his door. He was so scared he couldn't sleep, and I'm talking about a big-time he-man jock type.

I don't really believe in ghosts, so I don't want to say that's what it was, but... I really have no explanation for what was happening in there. The whole time I was there, I never felt, I don't know, comfortable. I'd constantly get that feeling like someone was walking up behind me, even when I was alone.

If this is happening to you it often helps to tell the "person" that they are not welcome in your place...

And now for my story:

When I was a teen there was a night when I was lying in bed fast asleep. Suddenly I woke up with an extremely bad feeling, it felt like something bad was in the room with me, not just something bad something truly evil. I couldn't move at all and I struggled to sit up, to move at all, but was unable to force my body to respond I could only move my eyes.

The fear was palpable and was made worse when I looked down at the foot of the bed and saw a figure, it was all black with red shining eyes staring at me unmoving, it appeared to be about 9 ft tall, almost touching the ceiling in my room with pointed ears.

Whatever it was that made me frightened radiated from this figure that stood at the foot of the bed. This lasted for about twenty minutes until the figure disappeared and I was suddenly able to move. It was terribly frightening...

Later in my life I read a book about such occurences happening to others, with amazingly detailed descriptions that were exactly the same as mine. There have been studies done on this particular experience. It appears that if you wake during REM time your body's natural sleep paralysis can still be in effect, making you unable to move. It depends on what culture you are in what you see either standing at the foot of the bed or sitting on your chest. The Japanese see an old lady, and some places in Europe do as well. In the US it is often called "Old Hag" and some also see this old lady some see the black figure that I saw, while in Japan the US and Europe some see alien abduction scenarios during this time.

It is fascinating to know that others had been through almost exactly the same experience as I, and that it wasn't some horrible demon or "shadowperson". It truly feels as if the thing is evil incarnate, but nobody is harmed by the experience.

no1tovote4 said:
If this is happening to you it often helps to tell the "person" that they are not welcome in your place...

And now for my story:

When I was a teen there was a night when I was lying in bed fast asleep. Suddenly I woke up with an extremely bad feeling, it felt like something bad was in the room with me, not just something bad something truly evil. I couldn't move at all and I struggled to sit up, to move at all, but was unable to force my body to respond I could only move my eyes.

The fear was palpable and was made worse when I looked down at the foot of the bed and saw a figure, it was all black with red shining eyes staring at me unmoving, it appeared to be about 9 ft tall, almost touching the ceiling in my room with pointed ears.

Whatever it was that made me frightened radiated from this figure that stood at the foot of the bed. This lasted for about twenty minutes until the figure disappeared and I was suddenly able to move. It was terribly frightening...

Later in my life I read a book about such occurences happening to others, with amazingly detailed descriptions that were exactly the same as mine. There have been studies done on this particular experience. It appears that if you wake during REM time your body's natural sleep paralysis can still be in effect, making you unable to move. It depends on what culture you are in what you see either standing at the foot of the bed or sitting on your chest. The Japanese see an old lady, and some places in Europe do as well. In the US it is often called "Old Hag" and some also see this old lady some see the black figure that I saw, while in Japan the US and Europe some see alien abduction scenarios during this time.

It is fascinating to know that others had been through almost exactly the same experience as I, and that it wasn't some horrible demon or "shadowperson". It truly feels as if the thing is evil incarnate, but nobody is harmed by the experience.
Jeez, the hairs on my neck are standing up now. :eek:

no1tovote4 said:
Incubi! Night Terrors. I think the psychology behind this is truly fascinating as well.

When I was about 20 yrs. old, I went to the shore in late winter to interview for a summer job. I arrived early, so I parked my car in the empty parking lot of a closed-for-the-winter store, to kill some time before driving over to the restaurant for the interview. The whole island was quiet and fairly deserted for the season, most businesses were closed, and there were no other cars or people anywhere near where I parked my car. All my car's windows were shut, and the radio was off.

All of a sudden, a very deep, male voice said, clearly as could be, "Hello", and my first name. It was very loud and was clearly coming from right behind me in my car's back seat area. All I can say is the way it was said sounded evil, kind of demonic. I jumped and turned around quickly, but no one was there.

Needless to say, I tore out of that parking lot as fast as I could.

Forum List

Back