Unexpected unemployment rise

Still clueless experts. It is always unexpected unemployment rise...month after month...

What is expected is the soon to follow rise in interest rates along with a rise in inflation closely followed by an unexpected rise in unemployment.

Otherwise known as 'stagflation.' Now why all those comparisons between Carter and Obama? :tongue:

Thanks for naming th eother shoe Annie. Stagflation is correct. Carter at least had a more fuly functioning Fed to help. We have more unemployment already than Carter, but nowhere to go on interest rate was far as down. Shrinking the money supply is about the only choice for inflation control. Of course a reduced money supply will shrink the contract the economy and cause more unemployment.

*slap* Hey, you in DC! You paying attention here? *slap*

So explain the reality. Why is the idea that more people looking for jobs will raise unemployment funny to you? Or are you going to continue to avoid talking facts and logic in favor of empty insults?

Yes, I know. I haven't said anything contradictory to that. I haven't spun anything either. I only state facts. If you disagree, feel free to show your evidence. You'll lose.

What the fuck are you smoking? Or are you just inventing positions for me regardless of what I've actually said?

and what specific "fact" says that there are jobs available for American workers who quit looking for work when their positions were outsourced to another country? The people who left the workforce HAVEN'T COME BACK INTO IT YET!!!!
And where did I say there were? What we were talking about is WHEN the economy starts to recover, we should see a raise in unemployment first.

So shove your political spin up your ass.

Blow my shit.

Now let me explain the spin your Administration is putting out there with this headline.....
Obama says new data shows economy recovering | Reuters

and now you're saying the economy hasn't started recovering yet after you said it was recovering....Hmmmmmmmm. Looks like you dumb fucks can't stay on message.....and you wonder why your ass is out the door in a few short months.

so it looks like you have NO specific facts to back up your bullshit claims.....thanks for playing. :booze:

So, in your brilliant mind when the economy recovers we will see a RISE in unemployment....ya....that makes sense...TO A FUCKING MORON!!! :booze:

Last edited:
Tell me polk, what professional forecasters? The ones on the administrations payroll?
When did "jobs saved" become the jingle on Capital Hill?
Please show me where the jobs have been created, your a self proclaimed smart man...tell all of us where the jobs are, polk? After 787 billion plus...we should see some jobs....right now

Professional forecasters who prepare reports for business.

"The stimulus worked," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Bank. Without it, "the unemployment rate would probably be closer to 11 percent" and the economy might not have grown at all last year.

Mark Zandi of Moody's Economy.com thought the nation would be "still in recession."

"It played a significant role supporting recovery," said economist Diane Swonk of Mesirow Financial.

Not all the economists who responded to our survey agreed the stimulus was necessary.

"Throwing a trillion dollars at anything will move it," said Standard and Poor's David Wyss, "but the recovery would be beginning and the unemployment rate nearing a peak" without it.

"The economy would probably be recovering," argued Jay Bryson of Wells Fargo, just maybe not "as fast as it is."

Economic Stimulus Gets a B-Minus Grade - ABC News

Even in the ABC story where they're trying to say "on the one hand, on the other", they can't find a real economist who states that the stimulus has harmed the economy.

Of course neither of those sources are in the tank for Obama or anything......

They aren't, but of course you're going to claim that because there isn't an evidence to support your position.

B- for taking unemployment to 10.2 % ? ...........:lol:

Versus over 11% otherwise.

Tell me polk, what professional forecasters? The ones on the administrations payroll?
When did "jobs saved" become the jingle on Capital Hill?
Please show me where the jobs have been created, your a self proclaimed smart man...tell all of us where the jobs are, polk? After 787 billion plus...we should see some jobs....right now

"The stimulus worked," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Bank. Without it, "the unemployment rate would probably be closer to 11 percent" and the economy might not have grown at all last year.

Mark Zandi of Moody's Economy.com thought the nation would be "still in recession."

"It played a significant role supporting recovery," said economist Diane Swonk of Mesirow Financial.

Not all the economists who responded to our survey agreed the stimulus was necessary.

"Throwing a trillion dollars at anything will move it," said Standard and Poor's David Wyss, "but the recovery would be beginning and the unemployment rate nearing a peak" without it.

"The economy would probably be recovering," argued Jay Bryson of Wells Fargo, just maybe not "as fast as it is."

Economic Stimulus Gets a B-Minus Grade - ABC News

Even in the ABC story where they're trying to say "on the one hand, on the other", they can't find a real economist who states that the stimulus has harmed the economy.

You haven't shown me where the jobs are, and there are over a half of a million that do not have jobs, so the forecasters are full of it.The economy will turn around as we come out of the recession, but the jobs aren't there because of barry's agenda. Businesses aren't going to do much hiring because of the unknowns in the business climate. Taxes, healthcare, Cap and trade....

The numbers are wrong because you say so? Yeah, that's credible.

Still clueless experts. It is always unexpected unemployment rise...month after month...

What is expected is the soon to follow rise in interest rates along with a rise in inflation closely followed by an unexpected rise in unemployment.

Otherwise known as 'stagflation.' Now why all those comparisons between Carter and Obama? :tongue:

It would help if you knew what the hell you're talking about. Stagflation refers to a period in which both inflation and unemployment are increase. Where is the inflation right now? O yeah... nonexistent.

and what specific "fact" says that there are jobs available for American workers who quit looking for work when their positions were outsourced to another country? The people who left the workforce HAVEN'T COME BACK INTO IT YET!!!!
And where did I say there were? What we were talking about is WHEN the economy starts to recover, we should see a raise in unemployment first.

Blow my shit.

Now let me explain the spin your Administration is putting out there with this headline.....

and now you're saying the economy hasn't started recovering yet after you said it was recovering....Hmmmmmmmm.
I'm sorry, where and when did I say it was recovering? I certainly didn't say it in this thread, and I don't recall saying it in any thread. A link would be nice.

So, in your brilliant mind when the economy recovers we will see a RISE in unemployment....ya....that makes sense...TO A FUCKING MORON!!! :booze:
No, to anyone who has studied economics. Especially those of us with a degree in it. But your rebuttal should be interesting....

When the economy starts to recover, more people will start looking for jobs, but there will be probably be a lag between when people start looking and when they get one especially if the rate of people starting to look is greater than the rate of job growth. So there will most likely be a temporary spike.

Now, what's wrong with that analysis? I'm betting you won't have one, and if you do, you'll show a misunderstanding of how the unemployment rate is calculated.

You haven't shown me where the jobs are, and there are over a half of a million that do not have jobs, so the forecasters are full of it.The economy will turn around as we come out of the recession, but the jobs aren't there because of barry's agenda. Businesses aren't going to do much hiring because of the unknowns in the business climate. Taxes, healthcare, Cap and trade....

And you still haven't been able to say where the jobs are. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, Polk.

obama-road-to-recovery.jpg

you mean it goes up and down and that is unexpected?

One would think that after the Big 0 spent the other half of the TARP at the price tag of 350 billion and the Stimulus at the price tag of 878 billion for a whopping $1,228,000,000,000.00, it might have improved the condition instead of only slowing the bleeding.

It's not so much that he's failing. It's that he stole the cash and still maintains that his failure is actually a success. I don't think I'm alone in being a little aggravated that this guy just plain thinks I'm stupid and delights in telling me that he's so much smarter than I am.

If he's so much smarter than me, I wish he'd start showing me and stop telling me.

Don't piss on my hat and tell me it's raining.

Blow my shit.

and now you're saying the economy hasn't started recovering yet after you said it was recovering....Hmmmmmmmm.
I'm sorry, where and when did I say it was recovering? I certainly didn't say it in this thread, and I don't recall saying it in any thread. A link would be nice.

No, to anyone who has studied economics. Especially those of us with a degree in it. But your rebuttal should be interesting....

When the economy starts to recover, more people will start looking for jobs, but there will be probably be a lag between when people start looking and when they get one especially if the rate of people starting to look is greater than the rate of job growth. So there will most likely be a temporary spike.

Now, what's wrong with that analysis? I'm betting you won't have one, and if you do, you'll show a misunderstanding of how the unemployment rate is calculated.

Sorry....all those imaginary jobs you are dreaaming of just don't exist...try again.

It would help if you knew what the hell you're talking about. Stagflation refers to a period in which both inflation and unemployment are increase. Where is the inflation right now? O yeah... nonexistent.

Yeah "Polk" it would probably "help" if you knew what the hell you were talking about, We already have enough moronic central planners spouting off about how we should fuck this up and fuck that up and we've ended up with a fucked up economy, so why don't you and Paul Krugman find a cabin together and fuck each other lives up and leave the rest of us to our devices ? 'cause you're both @ssholes after all .....

Check inflation rate with costs for energy and food counted in. The government may dismiss because of 'volatility', Yet the consumer pays for them:

News Headlines

Jobless Claims, Inflation Jump as Economy Wobbles
ECONOMY, JOBLESS CLAIMS, EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, LABOR DEPARTMENT
Reuters
| 18 Feb 2010 | 08:39 AM ET
The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

Another report from the department showed prices paid at the farm and factory gate rose a faster than expected 1.4 percent from December after a 0.4 percent gain in December, as higher gasoline prices and unusually cold temperatures helped boost energy costs.

"When you have PPI moving up and still no progress in the jobs situation, that doesn't bode well for continued improvement in equity prices," said Alan Lancz, president at Alan B. Lancz & Associates in Toledo, Ohio.

Most of the economists are probably still waiting for their grant money from the Stimulus and don't want to see it stopped.

After a year or two when fully one tenth of the interest paid on the Natioanal Debt can be traced directly to the unrepaid TARP funds that the Big 0 is using as a slush fund and to the unstimulative Stimulus, maybe some economists might wake up and smell the lies.

This boondoggle is stinks on ice and nobody in the Majority seems able to see that we are broke.

I love the latest Big 0 misdirect that we need to get our fiscal house in order and in his next breath wants to spend another TILLION THAT WE DON'T HAVE on the healthcare reform swindle.

Is anyone still listening to this guy's brilliance with a critical ear? He's sounding like Hitler setting the defense of Berlin with Divisions that no longer existed. Why does he keep spending?

The money is gone.

Blow my shit.

Sorry....all those imaginary jobs you are dreaaming of just don't exist...try again.

What the fuck are you talking about? Let's see..first you pussy out because you can't back up your false claim that I said we were in a recovery. Then, when I talk about what will happen when the economy eventually recovers you say "those imaginary jobs don't exist?" What the hell does that mean? I'm not saying there are any jobs right now, dumbass.

And you still haven't been able to say where the jobs are. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, Polk.

Versus the alternative case? Teachers, cops, firefighters, etc. who were not laid off because of lack of state and local funds.

Check inflation rate with costs for energy and food counted in. The government may dismiss because of 'volatility', Yet the consumer pays for them:

News Headlines

Jobless Claims, Inflation Jump as Economy Wobbles
ECONOMY, JOBLESS CLAIMS, EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, LABOR DEPARTMENT
Reuters
| 18 Feb 2010 | 08:39 AM ET
The number of U.S. workers filing new applications for unemployment insurance unexpectedly surged last week, while producer prices increased sharply in January, raising potential hurdles for the economic recovery.

Initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 31,000 to 473,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday. That compared to market expectations for 430,000.

Another report from the department showed prices paid at the farm and factory gate rose a faster than expected 1.4 percent from December after a 0.4 percent gain in December, as higher gasoline prices and unusually cold temperatures helped boost energy costs.

"When you have PPI moving up and still no progress in the jobs situation, that doesn't bode well for continued improvement in equity prices," said Alan Lancz, president at Alan B. Lancz & Associates in Toledo, Ohio.

1.4 percent? Yeah, it is really clear that you have no clue what you're talking about. Do you know what the normal inflation rate is in a healthy economy? 2.0 percent.

Also, the relevant number is CPI (not PPI, which is what you're quoting) and guess what...

The cost of living in the United States remained steady in January, the Department of Labor said, with the price of a variety of goods — including medical expenses and cigarettes — increasing 0.2 percent. A closely watched measure that excludes volatile food and fuel prices, the cost of living underscored the downward trend: it fell 0.1 percent in January, the first decrease since the recession in 1982.

U.S. Inflation Report Gives Fed Breathing Room - NYTimes.com

What the fuck are you talking about? Let's see..first you pussy out because you can't back up your false claim that I said we were in a recovery. Then, when I talk about what will happen when the economy eventually recovers you say "those imaginary jobs don't exist?" What the hell does that mean? I'm not saying there are any jobs right now, dumbass.

I don't have to prove shit dumb ass...all I have to do is point at Obama's record so far and all of the lies he and people like you tell others.....your boss is saying we are out of the woods, jobs are here, money is here for businesses....yet unemployment only changes when massive numbers of people quit looking for work alltogether. Several weeks ago in a different thread on jobs you said we are beginning the recovery, that's why we see the creation of jobs. Then after the Christmas season we see reality set back in.

Also, the relevant number is CPI (not PPI, which is what you're quoting) and guess what...

The cost of living in the United States remained steady in January, the Department of Labor said, with the price of a variety of goods — including medical expenses and cigarettes — increasing 0.2 percent. A closely watched measure that excludes volatile food and fuel prices, the cost of living underscored the downward trend: it fell 0.1 percent in January, the first decrease since the recession in 1982.

U.S. Inflation Report Gives Fed Breathing Room - NYTimes.com

ya...let's leave out the 2 things people need to survive and the 2 things that will shoot holes in this lie about the CPI. Food and gasoline/heating oil.

Forum List

Back