Unexpected unemployment rise

Anyone with an IQ above 30 realizes that the 2 million jobs created, or saved...(I just love the or saved rhetoric) is nothing but a big spin from this administration. barry still can't take responsibilty for anything but the war in Iraq, and has to make up a lie to protect his fragile ego.
With all the money that has been stuffed into the the pockets of his campaign buddies, you would think you would be seeing a steady trend of positive employment numbers. Instead what we get is up and down from week to week, and a steady rise of unemployed that are running out of benefits.

You're right. It's all a big lie. You know all those professional forecasters who have to sell their analysis of the economic outlook to businesses? They're all in on the lie too, since they're saying the same thing.

Tell me polk, what professional forecasters? The ones on the administrations payroll?
When did "jobs saved" become the jingle on Capital Hill?
Please show me where the jobs have been created, your a self proclaimed smart man...tell all of us where the jobs are, polk? After 787 billion plus...we should see some jobs....right now

Now Miester you know that the 200,000 new federal employees are jobs created......And if you have a job then Obama saved it.......

Hey what month did we actually creat net jobs? When was the last month we actually had postive job creation? Sometime in 2008 right?

Actually it was November 2009. Non-farm payroll employment went from 129,633,000 129,697,000, and increase of 64,000. But that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers loss, and it's not statistically significant (the margin of error for change is something like +- 98,000 I forget for sure)

Hey what month did we actually creat net jobs? When was the last month we actually had postive job creation? Sometime in 2008 right?

Actually it was November 2009. Non-farm payroll employment went from 129,633,000 129,697,000, and increase of 64,000. But that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers loss, and it's not statistically significant (the margin of error for change is something like +- 98,000 I forget for sure)

cool :cool:

link?

You're right. It's all a big lie. You know all those professional forecasters who have to sell their analysis of the economic outlook to businesses? They're all in on the lie too, since they're saying the same thing.

Tell me polk, what professional forecasters? The ones on the administrations payroll?
Please show me where the jobs have been created, your a self proclaimed smart man...tell all of us where the jobs are, polk? After 787 billion plus...we should see some jobs....right now

Now Miester you know that the 200,000 new federal employees are jobs created......And if you have a job then Obama saved it.......

I'm retired, but looking for a part time job....been looking for a year and a half. Still waiting for that stimulus with shovel ready jobs....ahhh, you know the rest :lol:

As the economic picture turns around, more discouraged individuals will start back actively seeking employment, increasing the size of the labor pool and therefore increasing unemployment in the short run. Not really all that shocking.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
171-0505100334-216168-71174.jpg

cool :cool:

link?

Bureau of Labor Statistics Current Employment Statistics

As the economic picture turns around, more discouraged individuals will start back actively seeking employment, increasing the size of the labor pool and therefore increasing unemployment in the short run. Not really all that shocking.

And what exactly is so funny? You disagree that more people seeking work will raise unemployment if there aren't enough jobs yet? What are you smoking?

Anyone with an IQ above 30 realizes that the 2 million jobs created, or saved...(I just love the or saved rhetoric) is nothing but a big spin from this administration. barry still can't take responsibilty for anything but the war in Iraq, and has to make up a lie to protect his fragile ego.
With all the money that has been stuffed into the the pockets of his campaign buddies, you would think you would be seeing a steady trend of positive employment numbers. Instead what we get is up and down from week to week, and a steady rise of unemployed that are running out of benefits.

Professional forecasters who prepare reports for business.

Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs.The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.

Economic Scene - Success of Stimulus Bill Is Noteworthy as Another Is Weighed - NYTimes.com

"The stimulus worked," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Bank. Without it, "the unemployment rate would probably be closer to 11 percent" and the economy might not have grown at all last year.

Mark Zandi of Moody's Economy.com thought the nation would be "still in recession."

"It played a significant role supporting recovery," said economist Diane Swonk of Mesirow Financial.

Not all the economists who responded to our survey agreed the stimulus was necessary.

"Throwing a trillion dollars at anything will move it," said Standard and Poor's David Wyss, "but the recovery would be beginning and the unemployment rate nearing a peak" without it.

"The economy would probably be recovering," argued Jay Bryson of Wells Fargo, just maybe not "as fast as it is."

Economic Stimulus Gets a B-Minus Grade - ABC News

Even in the ABC story where they're trying to say "on the one hand, on the other", they can't find a real economist who states that the stimulus has harmed the economy.

And what exactly is so funny? You disagree that more people seeking work will raise unemployment if there aren't enough jobs yet? What are you smoking?

You'll need to excuse him. Facts aren't his friend.

When both of you Obama hacks step back into reality let us know....please.

I've got expert calculations and a deep knowledge of economic history on my side. All you've got is name-calling.

and FYI...there has to be private sector jobs created in order for the economy to recover...right now your administration is batting a big fat goose egg. So keep spinning there pinqy.

I've got expert calculations and a deep knowledge of economic history on my side. All you've got is name-calling.

You got shit on your side, a 10 percent unemployment rate plus an unexpected rise in new claims. Your so called experts are failures so far...please tell them I said so.

Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs.The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.

Economic Scene - Success of Stimulus Bill Is Noteworthy as Another Is Weighed - NYTimes.com

"The stimulus worked," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Bank. Without it, "the unemployment rate would probably be closer to 11 percent" and the economy might not have grown at all last year.

Mark Zandi of Moody's Economy.com thought the nation would be "still in recession."

"It played a significant role supporting recovery," said economist Diane Swonk of Mesirow Financial.

Not all the economists who responded to our survey agreed the stimulus was necessary.

"Throwing a trillion dollars at anything will move it," said Standard and Poor's David Wyss, "but the recovery would be beginning and the unemployment rate nearing a peak" without it.

"The economy would probably be recovering," argued Jay Bryson of Wells Fargo, just maybe not "as fast as it is."

Even in the ABC story where they're trying to say "on the one hand, on the other", they can't find a real economist who states that the stimulus has harmed the economy.

Of course neither of those sources are in the tank for Obama or anything......

B- for taking unemployment to 10.2 % ? ...........:lol:

You haven't shown me where the jobs are, and there are over a half of a million that do not have jobs, so the forecasters are full of it.The economy will turn around as we come out of the recession, but the jobs aren't there because of barry's agenda. Businesses aren't going to do much hiring because of the unknowns in the business climate. Taxes, healthcare, Cap and trade....

Last edited:

So explain the reality. Why is the idea that more people looking for jobs will raise unemployment funny to you? Or are you going to continue to avoid talking facts and logic in favor of empty insults?

and FYI...there has to be private sector jobs created in order for the economy to recover...right now your administration is batting a big fat goose egg. So keep spinning there pinqy.
Yes, I know. I haven't said anything contradictory to that. I haven't spun anything either. I only state facts. If you disagree, feel free to show your evidence. You'll lose.

What the fuck are you smoking? Or are you just inventing positions for me regardless of what I've actually said?

So explain the reality. Why is the idea that more people looking for jobs will raise unemployment funny to you? Or are you going to continue to avoid talking facts and logic in favor of empty insults?

Yes, I know. I haven't said anything contradictory to that. I haven't spun anything either. I only state facts. If you disagree, feel free to show your evidence. You'll lose.

What the fuck are you smoking? Or are you just inventing positions for me regardless of what I've actually said?

and what specific "fact" says that there are jobs available for American workers who quit looking for work when their positions were outsourced to another country? The people who left the workforce HAVEN'T COME BACK INTO IT YET!!!! If they did the unemployed number would be around 13%-15%. You fucking ass clowns who are trying to bullshit America with all these imaginary jobs that are about to appear better get your shit together and start stating facts. THAT'S WHY YOU AND YOUR ADMINISTRATION ARE ON THE WAY OUT THE DOOR IN A FEW MONTHS....BECAUSE YOU LIE TO AMERICA...ON A DAILY BASIS.

Now chew on that one.

Last edited:

and what specific "fact" says that there are jobs available for American workers who quit looking for work when their positions were outsourced to another country? The people who left the workforce HAVEN'T COME BACK INTO IT YET!!!!
And where did I say there were? What we were talking about is WHEN the economy starts to recover, we should see a raise in unemployment first.

So shove your political spin up your ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back