UNESCO grants Palestinians full membership

Negotiations are still necessary to move from 'virtual state' to 'real state' alexa.

The unilateral move from Gaza proved the use of unilateralism in the ME.

However, this does give the Palestinians a background to effect this negotiation 'if' they take it and as such I personally welcome it. If not, it is more of the same with a stated desire to end Israel.

At the moment they are talking peace out of one side of the mouth and working towards war out of the other.

imo
last I noted they were being bombed!

Israel launches fresh air strike in Gaza - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

But Why are they being bombed? Could it be in response to the rockets Islamic jihad started fireing into Israel first? But you wont hear that on aljazeera..

Last edited:
Pan Arabian Peace is what is on the table.

The Refugees?

A Pan Arabian peace I said. You respond with a factor of negotiations towards that peace. :razz:

The horse must go before cart alexa. :eusa_shhh:

Then you must help to inform me what you are talking about. If you want to play in riddles then we can make no progress. I see two issues. The situation of the Palestinians from 67 which they are moving to change through law and the Refugee issue which stems from 1948. The sorting of the Refugee issue is surely what will secure peace.

I would agree that I have not yet given this sufficient thought. It needs to be part of any peace settlement.

You need to explain yourself because it seems to be that it is you that is putting the cart before the horse - wanting the peace before the problem is sorted. I know this is the biggest issue and not necessarily easy to solve but it must be solved for peace, I agree with you there.

Ropey you are going to know more on this having spent most of your life I guess thinking about it, but if you just talk in riddles, then you are being deceptive.

The Refugee issue will need to be sorted. There will be no final peace without that.

Spit out what you are talking about or you are making discussion impossible.

^Good.

Stand to your desire to end the sovereign state of Israel rather than create a Palestine. For you, a Palestine means the end of Israel.

Don't waffle the occupation of the territories with that.

Hmmm?

The Refugees?

A Pan Arabian peace I said. You respond with a factor of negotiations towards that peace. :razz:

You sound like PF alexa. A one state solution, refugees and the end of Israel to create a 58th Muslim country.

So, now you and PF seem to have a lot in common. :razz:

Is there any difference alexa?

I am in a rush to go out. I am imagining the first part of this post is to someone else. The second part is you telling lies about my intentions. If you also do that about Timore then yes we will have something in common. I am disappointed. I thought more of you.

Cultural body is first UN agency Palestinians have sought to join since opening bid for recognition; Brazil, Russia, China, India, South Africa and France vote in favor; U.S., Canada and Germany oppose, while Britain abstains.
[/url]

Useless vote. There is no yet Palestinian state. These precedent will encourage many other terror groups to be accepted too to UNICEF. What then those who voted Yes will do then?

That's part of the issue. The Syrians, for example, don't have the Palestinian interests in mind. They want to extend the conflict if it suits their interests or cut a side deal if that works better. Any negotiation with Palestinian authorities that has Pan Arabian peace as its intended goal is probably going to fail.

Cultural body is first UN agency Palestinians have sought to join since opening bid for recognition; Brazil, Russia, China, India, South Africa and France vote in favor; U.S., Canada and Germany oppose, while Britain abstains.
[/url]

Useless vote. There is no yet Palestinian state. These precedent will encourage many other terror groups to be accepted too to UNICEF. What then those who voted Yes will do then?

You obviously don't understand what this is about - 44 years occupation, 18 years failed negotiation.

The state of Palestine that will seek UN membership does not exercise sovereignty over the territory it claims -- East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip -- or control over this territory’s borders, the armistice lines (the Green Line) in force from 1949 until June 4, 1967. Nonetheless, it does fulfill many of the requirements of statehood as laid out in the 1933 Montevideo Convention. It has a permanent population; a defined territory within the Green Line; and a government in the form of the PA, although the PA is in most important respects subordinate to Israel. Seeking UN membership is an expression of ‘Abbas’ exasperation with the US-sponsored “peace process.” If the US had not lost all credibility as a peace broker and simultaneously discredited the very notion of a “peace process,” ‘Abbas would have felt no need to seek UN membership.

The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and the Arab Awakening | Middle East Research and Information Project

You obviously don't understand what this is about - 44 years occupation, 18 years failed negotiation.

The state of Palestine that will seek UN membership does not exercise sovereignty over the territory it claims -- East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip -- or control over this territory’s borders, the armistice lines (the Green Line) in force from 1949 until June 4, 1967. Nonetheless, it does fulfill many of the requirements of statehood as laid out in the 1933 Montevideo Convention. It has a permanent population; a defined territory within the Green Line; and a government in the form of the PA, although the PA is in most important respects subordinate to Israel. Seeking UN membership is an expression of ‘Abbas’ exasperation with the US-sponsored “peace process.” If the US had not lost all credibility as a peace broker and simultaneously discredited the very notion of a “peace process,” ‘Abbas would have felt no need to seek UN membership.

The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and the Arab Awakening | Middle East Research and Information Project

It has a permanent population; a defined territory within the Green Line;

Actually, Palestine has international borders that were defined by the league of Nations in 1922. These borders remain unchanged today.

The Green Line was specifically not to be a border.

^Good.

Stand to your desire to end the sovereign state of Israel rather than create a Palestine. For you, a Palestine means the end of Israel.

Hmmm?

You sound like PF alexa. A one state solution, refugees and the end of Israel to create a 58th Muslim country.

I am in a rush to go out. I am imagining the first part of this post is to someone else. The second part is you telling lies about my intentions. If you also do that about Timore then yes we will have something in common. I am disappointed. I thought more of you.

Stop imagining. Get into REALITY!!!

So, no answer to my questions. Now you are a victim.

So, tell me about your intentions.

One state solution
= Massive influx of Arab 'Refugees' into Israel = Dissolution of Israel

Tell me what mistake I made with 'your' words.

And try not to take on a victim stance alexa.

Discuss. Tell me what is wrong with my interpretation of your words.

That's part of the issue. The Syrians, for example, don't have the Palestinian interests in mind. They want to extend the conflict if it suits their interests or cut a side deal if that works better. Any negotiation with Palestinian authorities that has Pan Arabian peace as its intended goal is probably going to fail.

Probably. You can't speak to the future and yes that's a big part of the issue.

Making peace with the Palestinians whilst the many of the Pan Arabian Muslim countries still promote the death of Israel and the Jews from kindergarten up.

Reality pgm.

Last edited:
^Good.

Hmmm?

One state solution

I have already corrected you on this. That suggests you are just wanting to be offensive in order not to discuss. Look back on my posts.

Tell you what, before you started getting so argumentative and deliberately misrepresenting things and claiming I had said or had intentions which I did not, when I actually though you might be genuinely interested in discussion rather than the usual non ending flame bait, I got thinking.

I realised after I questioned whether your problem was the Refugees, just how difficult. I picked up, I felt on how the refugee issue is to you and other Israeli's. I have never done that before. You had, for a minute, managed to elicit my sympathy. I could see both sides.

But now I see you are just trying to escape into make believe land and continue as you were doing before, blaming everyone else for your problems.

It is Israel's responsibility and choice whether it is one or two state solution.

Israel needs in conjunction with all the other's involved to look at what must be done with the refugees to find a compromise which both people can live with.

If you are a good representative of the Israeli mind, just refuse to address the problem and instead blame anyone entering the conversation with clandestine desires for your worst nightmares, then a solution will never be found.

If you don't find a way to take responsibility when it belongs to you then you can go on screaming victim till the cows come home but no one will listen.

If you don't get the courage to face the truth and just want to go to WW3, if that is your attitude, then I hope you are on your own.

See Ropey it is impossible to talk, it is impossible to discuss if you don't listen and just hurl stones.

(I'm about to go out)

Last edited:

One state solution

I have already corrected you on this. That suggests you are just wanting to be offensive in order not to discuss. Look back on my posts.

Tell you what, before you started getting so argumentative and deliberately misrepresenting things and claiming I had said or had intentions which I did not, when I actually though you might be genuinely interested in discussion rather than the usual non ending flame bait, I got thinking.

I realised after I questioned whether your problem was the Refugees, just how difficult. I picked up, I felt on how the refugee issue is to you and other Israeli's. I have never done that before. You had, for a minute, managed to elicit my sympathy. I could see both sides.

But now I see you are just trying to escape into make believe land and continue as you were doing before, blaming everyone else for your problems.

It is Israel's responsibility and choice whether it is one or two state solution.

Israel needs in conjunction with all the other's involved to look at what must be done with the refugees to find a compromise which both people can live with.

If you are a good representative of the Israeli mind, just refuse to address the problem and instead blame anyone entering the conversation with clandestine desires for your worst nightmares, then a solution will never be found.

If you don't find a way to take responsibility when it belongs to you then you can go on screaming victim till the cows come home but no one will listen.

If you don't get the courage to face the truth and just want to go to WW3, if that is your attitude, then I hope you are on your own.

See Ropey it is impossible to talk, it is impossible to discuss if you don't listen and just hurl stones.

(I'm about to go out)

A moment.

Thank you. :doubt:

The Refugees?

Then you must help to inform me what you are talking about. If you want to play in riddles then we can make no progress. I see two issues. The situation of the Palestinians from 67 which they are moving to change through law and the Refugee issue which stems from 1948. The sorting of the Refugee issue is surely what will secure peace.

I would agree that I have not yet given this sufficient thought. It needs to be part of any peace settlement.

You need to explain yourself because it seems to be that it is you that is putting the cart before the horse - wanting the peace before the problem is sorted. I know this is the biggest issue and not necessarily easy to solve but it must be solved for peace, I agree with you there.

Ropey you are going to know more on this having spent most of your life I guess thinking about it, but if you just talk in riddles, then you are being deceptive.

The Refugee issue will need to be sorted. There will be no final peace without that.

I don't need to explain myself alexa. You are the one using the terms one state, refugees which equals the dissolution of Israel.

I managed to elicit a moment of sympathy from you? <-- Your words??

And now you want me to discuss with you on your terms?

Get back to me when you have made sufficient thought to what is seen as a call to the dissolution of Israel.

Then we may talk. Until then, you are in the woods of PF.

No discussion room there either. :)

Last edited:

I don't need to explain myself alexa.

No you don't. If you wanted to discuss you would say your position. If you do not then of course you can just bait

You are the one using the terms one state, refugees and

In my first post on this to you I said that it looks to me that there is no longer any possibility of a 2 state solution for the very reason that Israel has taken over most of the Palestinian land so that makes that possibility not viable - unless Israel pulls out of the settlements and East Jerusalem and so on.

This reality is common knowledge and if you are choosing not to acknowledging it, that is not my problem. It however has nothing to do with my interests. You repeatedly state that I myself want a one state solution when my only interest is that the Palestinians begin to be treated as human beings and the region finds peace. It makes zero difference to me if this is in a one or two state solution.

dissolution of Israel.

:eusa_liar:

I never have.

I managed to elicit a moment of sympathy from you? <-- Your words??

Twisting as usual. I thought you had more depth. No you did not get my sympathy. I could see/feel the fear Israeli's feel over the refugees, over even facing the past, because peace is not going to happen till that is done. If Israel does not have the guts to face the truth,, then I can understand why there is no point in talking.

And now you want me to discuss with you on your terms?

:lmao:

No. I was interested in discussing at one time. You were not when it got to issues you did not have the guts to look at.

Do I have any interest in discussing with you now. Of course not. You just want to fight and I have never even met anyone who uses the silly methods you do which are arguing with your own imagination.

Last edited:
I never have.. (called for the dissolution of Israel)

One State (your words) + Return of Refugees (your words) = Dissolution of Israel

So, where is the difference between you and PF? Tell me, if you can do more than sympathize with me for a minute that is.

That's just not enough.

Until you address your PF stance, there's really no where to go.

You say you don't know that much, then learn and quit pretending you are a victim when I say my truth.

the us a pulling out funding for unesco now, what a bunch of freaks, the US has lost any scrap of decency. really, I mean what a bunch of dicks.

palectine we salute you.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::lol::lol::lol:

So much for UNESCO not needing the US you stupid fuck.

UNESCO Funding Cut: Head Pleads With U.S. To Reinstate Contributions

r-UNESCO-FUNDING-CUT-large570.jpg

PARIS — The head of UNESCO is pleading with the U.S. to reinstate funding cut off after the agency granted membership to Palestine.

Director-General Irina Bokova warned in a statement Wednesday that the move jeopardizes programs "in America's core interests," such as those fostering a free media in nascent Mideast democracies.

She said that without U.S. support, "it will be impossible for us to maintain our current level of activity."

On Monday, the members of the U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted to welcome Palestine.

The United States typically funds about 20 percent of the agency's budget, but American law bars contributions to organizations that grant membership to territories that are not internationally recognized as states.

the us a pulling out funding for unesco now, what a bunch of freaks, the US has lost any scrap of decency. really, I mean what a bunch of dicks.

PARIS &#8212; The head of UNESCO is pleading with the U.S. to reinstate funding cut off after the agency granted membership to Palestine.

Director-General Irina Bokova warned in a statement Wednesday that the move jeopardizes programs "in America's core interests," such as those fostering a free media in nascent Mideast democracies.

She said that without U.S. support, "it will be impossible for us to maintain our current level of activity."

On Monday, the members of the U.N. Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted to welcome Palestine.

The United States typically funds about 20 percent of the agency's budget, but American law bars contributions to organizations that grant membership to territories that are not internationally recognized as states.

:clap2:

cultural body is first un agency palestinians have sought to join since opening bid for recognition; brazil, russia, china, india, south africa and france vote in favor; u.s., canada and germany oppose, while britain abstains.
[/url]

useless vote. There is no yet palestinian state. These precedent will encourage many other terror groups to be accepted too to unicef. What then those who voted yes will do then?

Why not? Libya and Syria were hiding in there nicely and look what their leaders do?

Double Standards ....

Last edited:

:clap2:

useless vote. There is no yet palestinian state. These precedent will encourage many other terror groups to be accepted too to unicef. What then those who voted yes will do then?

Why not? Libya and Syria were hiding in there nicely and look what their leaders do?

Double Standards ....

The UN, NATO, UNESCO or whatever cannot do anything without US Money and support, without it they are useless as tits on a skateboard. The idea that they don't need the US is a childs fantasy,quite deranged and totally misled from reality.

Forum List

Back