UNESCO grants Palestinians full membership

It's kind of silly for the U.S. to react so strongly to such a symbolic gesutre. It reminds me of the hissy fits China throws every time Taiwan gets symbolic recognition.

This is actually better news for the US than it is for the Palestinians. Congress passed a law a long time ago about this contingency, and this now means UNESCO gets no more US funds.

We save some money, UNESCO looses half its funding. Win Win.

I guess really it depends on what the US wants. It could lead to you being quite isolated

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization recognized Palestine as a full member on Monday setting off a crisis between the United States and the United Nations that seems likely to further isolate Washington in the world and reduce its influence.

The UNESCO vote could start an avalanche of such acceptances among various UN bodies. Although Palestine is unlikely now to get a majority next month at the UN Security Council, there is always next year. And the admission of Palestine by large numbers of UNO organizations might anyway have a similar effect to a UNSC majority vote.

Countries such as Norway and Ireland have signaled that they would like to raise Palestinian representation to full embassy status, and every international vote like the UNESCO one encourages them further in this direction. In turn, embassy status could begin giving Palestine standing in some countries to sue Israel in third-country courts for torts such as land and water usurpation.

UNESCO Palestine Vote Isolates US Further | Informed Comment

Yes, with all that oil and 57 Muslim countries voting as a block with their sycophants who want another Muslim country without negotiations, or the need the oil.

Muslims negotiate? Where's that seen in this world. The do not negotiate. They demand. And because of this demand alexa the war comes.

I see it. I don't want it, but those of your support are bringing it to fruition. I hope your final journey is not a long one as your intent is the end of Israel and the creation of a single state where Muslims are in control of another 58th Muslim state.

When the war comes, you will be nice and safe because you are not one of those you support to move into a war effort. You pretend it is not a war, but a political manoever, but you call for the end of Israel in your one state solution.

War will come before that. You don't care about that do you? I mean that you don't care enough to see that this is a two way street and Muslims already control 98% of that street.

You want the other 2%?

:lmao:

un_islam.jpg

Don't criticise Islam, says UN

It didn't attract much notice, but the General Assembly of the United Nations ended the year by passing a disgusting resolution protecting Islam from criticism of its human rights violations.

The resolution (which of course makes no mention of the vicious persecution of Christians) was pushed through by the 57-nation Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), which has been agitating for it for years. Naturally every Muslim country was among the 108 supporters, but it's interesting to note how other countries lined up.

Don't criticise Islam, says UN – Telegraph Blogs

This is actually better news for the US than it is for the Palestinians. Congress passed a law a long time ago about this contingency, and this now means UNESCO gets no more US funds.

We save some money, UNESCO looses half its funding. Win Win.

You save a little. If you do not pay for two years you are out.

US condemns UNESCO over Palestine vote - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

So? why does the US need the UN or UNESCO? can anyone give me a few reasons?

Yes, with all that oil and 57 Muslim countries voting as a block with their sycophants who want another Muslim country without negotiations, or the need the oil.
These are all the No votes
Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Israel, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sweden, US, Vanuatu.

How Unesco countries voted on Palestinian membership | World news | guardian.co.uk

A lot more people voted for or abstained than just Muslim countries so it is not accurate to suggest it was just people accepting Palestine because they were Muslims.

Muslims negotiate? Where's that seen in this world. The do not negotiate. They demand. And because of this demand alexa the war comes.

As I understand, if you by Muslims are meaning the Palestinians, the worst they are going to do is use the Law. Everyone knows that negotiations broke down years ago and through all those years of negotiations Israel was taking more land which was to be the Palestinian state for herself. Wikileaks proved that Abbas was willing to give his right arm so it is not accurate to say 'Muslims do not negotiate' if that is what you are referring to. There is proof to the opposite.

I see it. I don't want it, but those of your support are bringing it to fruition.

No one I know of is working for anything but the rule of law.

I hope your final journey is not a long one as your intent is the end of Israel and the creation of a single state where Muslims are in control of another 58th Muslim state.

I have already clarified that. Whether there is two states entirely depends on Israel. Provided she provides the needed territory which was previously agreed, then there will be two states. It is Israel herself who is in the occupied territory which would become the Palestine State. What is now called 'Greater Israel'. It is the occupied settlements that are going to have to be given back, with agreements on swaps and then there is no problem with Israel remaining Israel but I only see Israel taking over more land and you are pretending the responsibility for that lies where it does not. The choice is Israel's. She wants to have her cake and eat it. Even today she has rushed through more settlement growth. By doing this she makes the likelihood of two states less. Her choice.

Israel rushes settlement growth after Unesco accepts Palestinians | World news | The Guardian

When the war comes, you will be nice and safe because you are not one of those you support to move into a war effort.

You are the one saying that Israel is going to have a war, and what kill all the Palestinians because they go to a court of law? :confused:

You pretend it is not a war, but a political manoever, but you call for the end of Israel in your one state solution.

Now you are being deliberately obtuse and misleading. I have no interest in 'the end of Israel'. I have already explained that to you.

Why do you think Palestinians after all these years seeking recognition and rights, after 44 years of occupation and 18 years of negotiation is an act of war? I imagine it is because for the first time it gives them a little to work with. That is what you are calling war. Simply not having all the eggs in your basket and the need to make compromises. That is what is being asked, not war. I accept that you see it as war but it is just the rule of law that you are frightened of. It is a massive overstatement to see it as war. It may make you feel like war but that is your reaction, not what is happening or what anyone would want.

I mean that you don't care enough to see that this is a two way street and Muslims already control 98% of that street.

We are dealing with the Palestinians who were promised a State at the same time as Israel and again at Oslo. Do you want to push all the Palestinians off their land. When push comes to shove is that the reality. Israel was acknowledged as a state but so were the Palestinians. When the Palestinians get their state, which they will unless Israel annihilates them, is it absolutely impossible for you to think that you could makes friends with people who happen to be Muslims and Christians and enjoy the historic land which you all have a history of together. You have said several times that you know that the Palestinians also have a history to the land. You need to put your money where your mouth is, let go of the past and start to become friends. To annihilate all the Palestinians or to start WW3 because you are not getting all your own way would not be anything any god I would like to know would appreciate.

Last edited:
Check out the full list of votes here...

UNESCO and Palestine « the human province

No: Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Israel, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sweden, United States of America, Vanuatu

Abstentions: Albania, Andorra, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Colombia, Cook Islands, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Georgia, Haiti, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kiribati, Latvia, Liberia, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Switzerland, Thailand, Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Zambia.

Absent: Antigua and Barbuda, Central African Republic, Comoros, Dominica, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Madagascar, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Niue, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan.

The link has all the yes votes (it was a bit long).

These are all the No votes
Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Israel, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Palau, Panama, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sweden, US, Vanuatu.

How Unesco countries voted on Palestinian membership | World news | guardian.co.uk

A lot more people voted for or abstained than just Muslim countries so it is not accurate to suggest it was just people accepting Palestine because they were Muslims.

As I understand, if you by Muslims are meaning the Palestinians, the worst they are going to do is use the Law. Everyone knows that negotiations broke down years ago and through all those years of negotiations Israel was taking more land which was to be the Palestinian state for herself. Wikileaks proved that Abbas was willing to give his right arm so it is not accurate to say 'Muslims do not negotiate' if that is what you are referring to. There is proof to the opposite.

No one I know of is working for anything but the rule of law.

I have already clarified that. Whether there is two states entirely depends on Israel. Provided she provides the needed territory which was previously agreed, then there will be two states. It is Israel herself who is in the occupied territory which would become the Palestine State. What is now called 'Greater Israel'. It is the occupied settlements that are going to have to be given back, with agreements on swaps and then there is no problem with Israel remaining Israel but I only see Israel taking over more land and you are pretending the responsibility for that lies where it does not. The choice is Israel's. She wants to have her cake and eat it. Even today she has rushed through more settlement growth. By doing this she makes the likelihood of two states less. Her choice.

Israel rushes settlement growth after Unesco accepts Palestinians | World news | The Guardian

You are the one saying that Israel is going to have a war, and what kill all the Palestinians because they go to a court of law? :confused:

You pretend it is not a war, but a political manoever, but you call for the end of Israel in your one state solution.

Now you are being deliberately obtuse and misleading. I have no interest in 'the end of Israel'. I have already explained that to you.

Why do you think Palestinians after all these years seeking recognition and rights, after 44 years of occupation and 18 years of negotiation is an act of war? I imagine it is because for the first time it gives them a little to work with. That is what you are calling war. Simply not having all the eggs in your basket and the need to make compromises. That is what is being asked, not war. I accept that you see it as war but it is just the rule of law that you are frightened of. It is a massive overstatement to see it as war. It may make you feel like war but that is your reaction, not what is happening or what anyone would want.

I mean that you don't care enough to see that this is a two way street and Muslims already control 98% of that street.

We are dealing with the Palestinians who were promised a State at the same time as Israel and again at Oslo. Do you want to push all the Palestinians off their land. When push comes to shove is that the reality. Israel was acknowledged as a state but so were the Palestinians. When the Palestinians get their state, which they will unless Israel annihilates them, is it absolutely impossible for you to think that you could makes friends with people who happen to be Muslims and Christians and enjoy the historic land which you all have a history of together. You have said several times that you know that the Palestinians also have a history to the land. You need to put your money where your mouth is, let go of the past and start to become friends. To annihilate all the Palestinians or to start WW3 because you are not getting all your own way would not be anything any god I would like to know would appreciate.

They work towards a war that you do not see, your protestations notwithstanding.

OK. You will not be there, so it's rather a moot point that you are unable to see this.

Pan Arabian Peace is what is on the table.

GAZA, (PIC)-- Hamas Movement welcomed the decision taken by a majority vote to admit Palestine as a member state in the UNESCO and described this step as a reflection of the declining US influence and role in the world.

Its spokesman in Gaza Sami Abu Zuhri told the Palestinian information center (PIC) that his Movement hailed such move that confirmed the Palestinian people's inherent right to their land, holy places and heritage.

Hamas: UNESCO's Palestine verdict reflected the retreating role of the US

did they announce this before or after the 5 Grad rockets they launched over the last 36 hours? :rolleyes:

GAZA, (PIC)-- Hamas Movement welcomed the decision taken by a majority vote to admit Palestine as a member state in the UNESCO and described this step as a reflection of the declining US influence and role in the world.

Its spokesman in Gaza Sami Abu Zuhri told the Palestinian information center (PIC) that his Movement hailed such move that confirmed the Palestinian people's inherent right to their land, holy places and heritage.

"a retreating role"? we told them what would happen.

Uhm if I recall reagan quit unseco too. hello:rolleyes:

did they announce this before or after the 5 Grad rockets they launched over the last 36 hours? :rolleyes:

The rockets are a response to Israel's occupation.

Israel can end the occupation any time it wants.

Last edited:
But you call for the end of Israel PF. Your "occupation" is Israel. You want the end of Israel.

Let your truth be known PF. Don't waffle.

But you call for the end of Israel PF. Your "occupation" is Israel. You want the end of Israel.

Let your truth be known PF. Don't waffle.

It is not my fault that Israel occupied Palestine.

That was Israel's decision.

^Good.

Stand to your desire to end the sovereign state of Israel rather than create a Palestine. For you, a Palestine means the end of Israel.

Don't waffle the occupation of the territories with that.

Hmmm?

Pan Arabian Peace is what is on the table.

The Refugees?

A Pan Arabian peace I said. You respond with a factor of negotiations towards that peace. :razz:

The horse must go before cart alexa. :eusa_shhh:

You sound like PF alexa. A one state solution, refugees and the end of Israel to create a 58th Muslim country.

So, now you and PF seem to have a lot in common. :razz:

Is there any difference alexa?

The rockets are a response to Israel's occupation.

Israel can end the occupation any time it wants.

:lol:whatever.

yo do know that Iron Dome downed 3 of 5, give those crafty jeeeews another 6 months and you won't have any reason to shoot becasue you won't be able to land any.....with the wall, no suicide bombs.......*shrugs* in another year you'll be relegated to a footnote in history. good luck on that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back