Unemployment went from 8.1 to 8.2

did you look at the chart of job creation since Obama took office?

You guys are all talking wrong way right.

Look at the chart you dishonest dolt

I don't need a chart you idiot. All I have to do is look at my business and wonder how the employees I had to lay off are doing. All I have to do is talk to my neighbors, 1/2 of them have no jobs and 1/2 of those are losing their homes. All I have to do is invite friends to lunch, they can't go because they don't have the $ to eat a $5.00 lunch out.

If there was any "truth" to those charts, my friends would be getting jobs. You can shove those charts where the sun doesn't shine, they don't mean crap to me and my family/friends.

As are most thinking people. Thus the real results on Consumer Confidence this past month.

Thinking people?

Annie you are one of the most dishonest humans I have ever met.

You play head games with PMs with anyone stupid enough to talk to you.

You ignore facts like this chart and call your self a thinking person?

Your a peice of lying shit.

You have proven that to me over and over again.

crawl back under that rock you slimy toad

Where I work, we have just gone back to 24/7, and have and are hiring more people. Since steel is usually a harbinger of future economy, I would say that we will see some improvement in the coming months. However, in a world economy, when the rest of the world's economy is down, ours cannot go that far up.

Private sector hiring isn't the problem.

Because they have been hiring at a good clip.

Even if conservatives are in denial about that.

Well, he may of started it, but what has Obama done different? NOT a damn thing...He just doubled down on the same stupid policies and his first 3 1/2 years have all sucked when it comes to the economy. Wake up.

Look little boy.

You know nothing.

every post of yours Ive seen so far displays a complete lack of understanding of the world arround you.

Heres a tip.

Dont try to FAKE knowiing what you are talking about.

READ the news.

Sorry but its the only way to get there.

DONT just reutter the things you hear your friends say.

Your freinds are making you look like an idiot on the internets

Where I work, we have just gone back to 24/7, and have and are hiring more people. Since steel is usually a harbinger of future economy, I would say that we will see some improvement in the coming months. However, in a world economy, when the rest of the world's economy is down, ours cannot go that far up.

Private sector hiring isn't the problem.

Because they have been hiring at a good clip.

Even if conservatives are in denial about that.

So Sallow have you found a job yet?? Or are you waiting on your unemployment to run out?? If there are that many jobs out there you shouldn't have a problem finding one. :lol:

Well, he may of started it, but what has Obama done different? NOT a damn thing...He just doubled down on the same stupid policies and his first 3 1/2 years have all sucked when it comes to the economy. Wake up.

Look little boy.

You know nothing.

every post of yours Ive seen so far displays a complete lack of understanding of the world arround you.

Heres a tip.

READ the news.

And some people make themselves look like idiots, all by themselves. :eusa_whistle:

Wingers: "But but but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH"

The fact is, no matter how bad you think Bush made things, or Clinton before him... Obama has made them worse, helped to bring about 'change' that has stifled us and hurt the jobs situation

"Payrolls climbed by 69,000 last month, less than the most- pessimistic forecast in a Bloomberg News survey, after a revised 77,000 gain in April that was smaller than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median estimate called for a 150,000 May advance. The jobless rate rose to 8.2 percent from 8.1 percent, while hours worked declined."

This is scary stuff. I hope people aren't excited about this!

you see when a president causes such a horrible set of circumstances such as Bush did by deregulatoing the lending industry and starting wars build on lies that cost trillions they end up creashing the world economy.

The thing is that is a foever fact.

it doesnt blow away in the wind 3 years later.

Its does this weird thing called becoming the historical facts.

Too bad you picked such a shitty guy to be president and have to now face these FACTS FOREVER

"Payrolls climbed by 69,000 last month, less than the most- pessimistic forecast in a Bloomberg News survey, after a revised 77,000 gain in April that was smaller than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median estimate called for a 150,000 May advance. The jobless rate rose to 8.2 percent from 8.1 percent, while hours worked declined."

It certainly is scary stuff:

May

May’s Jobs Report Disappoints Across the Board

By Daniel Gross | Daily Ticker – 11 minutes ago

Well, this is a bad employment report — across the board. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the economy created just 69,000 jobs in May, and the unemployment rate crept up to 8.2 percent.

A few takeaways.

Spring Slowdown. Once again, the jobs figures testify to a slowing of growth in the spring. But the gloomy data extend beyond the headline payroll jobs figure. The economy is growing and demand continues to rise. But that's not translating into more work or significantly higher wages. The average workweek for private sector sectors fell in May by .1 hours — i.e., six minutes. Manufacturing, which has been a pocket of strength, showed signs of weakness. The manufacturing workweek fell .3 hours to 40.5, and factory overtime fell sharply. Hourly earnings crept up a smidgen in May, and over the past year have risen just 1.7 percent.

Labor Force Rises. There's an odd wrinkle here. The unemployment rate is derived from the household survey, in which BLS calls people and asks them about their employment status. The rate is calculated by dividing the number of people estimated to be unemployed into the size of the labor force. When the labor force shrinks, the unemployment rate can fall even if the number of people who say they're working doesn't rise. But that's not what happened this month. In May, according to the BLS, the labor force actually grew by 635,000 — which means a lot of people who had been sitting on the sidelines jumped back in. The number of people employed, according to the Household survey, rose by 422,000 in the month.

The Conservative Recovery Continues. Europe isn't the only area where austerity and reduced government spending are impacting employment. Virtually every month for the past few years, the private sector has added jobs while the public sector (local, state and federal government) has cut jobs. That continued in May. The private sector added 82,000 payroll jobs in May while government cut 13,000 positions. Since February 2010, the private sector has added 4.27 million jobs, while the public sector has cut 1.028 million jobs since May 2010.

The Trend Isn't Your Friend. There was another way in which the May report reversed recent trends. Every month, when it reports the figures, BLS goes back and revises the figures it had reported for the prior two months. For much of this recovery, the trend has been for BLS to discover jobs that hadn't been originally reported and revise the prior months' totals higher. But not this month. In May, BLS revised the gains for the two previous months lower. March's figure, originally reported as a 120,000 gain, had been revised upward to 154,000 in April, was revised back down to 143,000. The April figure, originally reported as a gain of 115,000, was revised to a gain of only 77,000.

Labor Market Frustration Rising. Despite the general trend of more job openings and declining first-time unemployment claims, this report shows that the jobs market softened in May. In addition to reporting the headline unemployment rate, BLS publishes alternative measures of labor force frustration — e.g., rates that include workers who have given up, or who are working part-time but would prefer to work full-time. BLS compiles all such measures in the U-6. After falling for much of the past year, it rose in May — to 14.8 percent.

It certainly is scary stuff:

May

May’s Jobs Report Disappoints Across the Board

By Daniel Gross | Daily Ticker – 11 minutes ago

Well, this is a bad employment report — across the board. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the economy created just 69,000 jobs in May, and the unemployment rate crept up to 8.2 percent.

A few takeaways.

Spring Slowdown. Once again, the jobs figures testify to a slowing of growth in the spring. But the gloomy data extend beyond the headline payroll jobs figure. The economy is growing and demand continues to rise. But that's not translating into more work or significantly higher wages. The average workweek for private sector sectors fell in May by .1 hours — i.e., six minutes. Manufacturing, which has been a pocket of strength, showed signs of weakness. The manufacturing workweek fell .3 hours to 40.5, and factory overtime fell sharply. Hourly earnings crept up a smidgen in May, and over the past year have risen just 1.7 percent.

Labor Force Rises. There's an odd wrinkle here. The unemployment rate is derived from the household survey, in which BLS calls people and asks them about their employment status. The rate is calculated by dividing the number of people estimated to be unemployed into the size of the labor force. When the labor force shrinks, the unemployment rate can fall even if the number of people who say they're working doesn't rise. But that's not what happened this month. In May, according to the BLS, the labor force actually grew by 635,000 — which means a lot of people who had been sitting on the sidelines jumped back in. The number of people employed, according to the Household survey, rose by 422,000 in the month.

The Conservative Recovery Continues. Europe isn't the only area where austerity and reduced government spending are impacting employment. Virtually every month for the past few years, the private sector has added jobs while the public sector (local, state and federal government) has cut jobs. That continued in May. The private sector added 82,000 payroll jobs in May while government cut 13,000 positions. Since February 2010, the private sector has added 4.27 million jobs, while the public sector has cut 1.028 million jobs since May 2010.

The Trend Isn't Your Friend. There was another way in which the May report reversed recent trends. Every month, when it reports the figures, BLS goes back and revises the figures it had reported for the prior two months. For much of this recovery, the trend has been for BLS to discover jobs that hadn't been originally reported and revise the prior months' totals higher. But not this month. In May, BLS revised the gains for the two previous months lower. March's figure, originally reported as a 120,000 gain, had been revised upward to 154,000 in April, was revised back down to 143,000. The April figure, originally reported as a gain of 115,000, was revised to a gain of only 77,000.

Labor Market Frustration Rising. Despite the general trend of more job openings and declining first-time unemployment claims, this report shows that the jobs market softened in May. In addition to reporting the headline unemployment rate, BLS publishes alternative measures of labor force frustration — e.g., rates that include workers who have given up, or who are working part-time but would prefer to work full-time. BLS compiles all such measures in the U-6. After falling for much of the past year, it rose in May — to 14.8 percent.

scary ????

its seems to delight you

Dudes the european mess ( caused by Bushs crashing the economy and the EUs dumb idea to follow austerity) is dragging us down.

Only an idiot blames every blip in the economy on the president.

Ah, you've returned to your usual liar-mode. There still are certainties in life.

Do you blame the huge drop in the stock market under Bush on Bush?

Look little boy.

You know nothing.

Heres a tip.

READ the news.

Understand more than you will ever imagine marxist. How many more Greeces, Zimbabwes, etc do we need to go through? They all prove that you can't spend your self out of a mess, while taking away the producers' ability to produce. You really think you can have the highest corporate tax on earth and remain competitive in the world:eusa_eh: Ever wonder why they move their business over sea's to third world countries? Cheap labor! Or hire illegals? Most businesses are in the business of making a profit. They will pass that on to the you!

You people don't like it, but that's the only economic system that seems to work at all as its a circle(in's ands out's) that work. Love it or hate it as it's not perfect and there are wrongs as people are hurt, but honestly the enemy of the good is the perfect...Unlike a system that only gives away more of the pie of a nations wealth, while never renewing it. Hell, choking it off as the supply is cut off and shifted to the left of the supply curve to a higher and higher prices as you add more and more taxes on businesses. Forcing them to get the hell out of dodge.

Seriously, what's the difference between Bush's policies of pumping hundreds of millions into the economy and Obama's? Sure, blame Bush as he wasn't good, but don't go around telling people what a god Obama has been.

Last edited:
17 months since Obama agreed to try the GOP's idea of busting the budget with an extension of all the Bush tax cuts,

this is where we are.

Dudes the european mess ( caused by Bushs crashing the economy and the EUs dumb idea to follow austerity) is dragging us down.

Only an idiot blames every blip in the economy on the president.

Ah, you've returned to your usual liar-mode. There still are certainties in life.

AKA not on the president when its Obama.. all on the president when it is Bush...

Twatsicle continues her normal hypocrisy

Forum List

Back