Unemployment Way Down to 9.7 Percent.

OK, I'm confused here.

Some one said that we lost 22,000 jobs

There were 480,000 new unemployment initial claims.

The unemployment numbers went down?

Why can't I see the math behind this miracle?

It is all in the numbers. They also reported that 49 of the 57 states showed an increase in unemployment. Those 49 states lost the 22,000 jobs and had 480,000 new claims. Now 8 states showed a decrease in unemployment. So they are simply reporting that those 8 states had an increase in employment of 541,000. Rather straightforward math (at least to the liars in DC).

57 states?

Didn't you know. The great Zero mandated there were 57 states. Or were you asleep or just blinded by his glory then?

It is all in the numbers. They also reported that 49 of the 57 states showed an increase in unemployment. Those 49 states lost the 22,000 jobs and had 480,000 new claims. Now 8 states showed a decrease in unemployment. So they are simply reporting that those 8 states had an increase in employment of 541,000. Rather straightforward math (at least to the liars in DC).

57 states?

Didn't you know. The great Zero mandated there were 57 states. Or were you asleep or just blinded by his glory then?

Uhh, no dickhead, I know exactly what 57 states refers to. However, you didn't even REMOTELY try to present a sarcastic tone to what you said, so far be it for me to assume you weren't being a fucking MORON.

Carry on newbie.

57 states?

You did miss the humorous irony there PF, but it's okay. I think you're supposed to feel warm fuzzy acceptance when you've been targeted for personal insults. :)

To Ollie and others, it has been pretty apparent to me for some time now that the administration is either fudging the numbers or not putting out the whole story here. It isn't getting better in my state and I think we're going to see a lot more foreclosures and business closings before it is over if the President continues on his current tact.

He could turn it around tomorrow by just announcing that he will ask Congress to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, he will initiate an additional cross the board modest additional tax cut for ALL taxpayers that will expire in three years, he is cancelling all non-essential spending initiatives for now and will push to relax as much regulation as can be done without jeopardizing environmental integrity and general safety, there will be no more high risk loans authorized, and he will otherwise be hands off on business.

I think if he would do all that, we would still see some more foreclosures on property that people couldn't afford in the first place, but I think we would see an immediate improvement and the recession would be over in a matter of a few months.

57 states?

You did miss the humorous irony there PF, but it's okay. I think you're supposed to feel warm fuzzy acceptance when you've been targeted for personal insults. :)

To Ollie and others, it has been pretty apparent to me for some time now that the administration is either fudging the numbers or not putting out the whole story here. It isn't getting better in my state and I think we're going to see a lot more foreclosures and business closings before it is over if the President continues on his current tact.

He could turn it around tomorrow by just announcing that he will ask Congress to make the Bush tax cuts permanent, he will initiate an additional cross the board modest additional tax cut for ALL taxpayers that will expire in three years, he is cancelling all non-essential spending initiatives for now and will push to relax as much regulation as can be done without jeopardizing environmental integrity and general safety, there will be no more high risk loans authorized, and he will otherwise be hands off on business.

I think if he would do all that, we would still see some more foreclosures on property that people couldn't afford in the first place, but I think we would see an immediate improvement and the recession would be over in a matter of a few months.

Key word is "IF". Problem with that is he won't.

Alas, I'm afraid you're right. At least there isn't yet even a glimmer of hope that he is actually listening to and understanding what the expert economists are telling him. Or if he is hearing and understanding, he is hellbent on intentionally completing the job of dismantling and damaging the U.S. economy in ways that will make it much more difficult to recover.

Last edited:

Alas, I'm afraid you're right. At least there isn't yet even a glimmer of hope that he is actually listening to and understanding what the expert economists are telling him.

LMAO, those same expert economists that did not see this coming and helped to bring us down?

Alas, I'm afraid you're right. At least there isn't yet even a glimmer of hope that he is actually listening to and understanding what the expert economists are telling him.

LMAO, those same expert economists that did not see this coming and helped to bring us down?

Nope. The expert economists who DID see this coming and sounded the alarm.

all 4 of them?

Actually who were they?
And when did they raise the alarm?

all 4 of them?

Actually who were they?
And when did they raise the alarm?

There were quite a few more than that. To name a few, Gingrich, Sowell, Williams, Forbes, Friedman. . . .there's lots and lots more, but you get my drift. And all have been raising the alarm since the housing bubble first started developing during the Clinton years and was exacerbated by irresponsible policy and spending in the Bush years. And we should heed the warnings they are all sounding now (except Friedman who has passed on) re the disastrous Obama economic policies.

Forum List

Back