Unemployment Up 27% Since Innauguration

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
I don't get it. How can the Economy lose all those jobs under the skillfull, caring guidance of a Marxist?

Your thoughts?

I hope you weren't looking to keep this thread flame free after that OP...

My thoughts are that it is unrealistic to expect a dramatic turn around in the economy so soon after Obama took office.

Be patient.

I don't get it. How can the Economy lose all those jobs under the skillfull, caring guidance of a Marxist?

Your thoughts?

I may not agree with much of what Obama says anymore, however:

1.) You cannot blame this downturn on Obama or at least not until the actions he take in office take full effect. If you haven't realized, the economy, housing market, etc burst long before unemployment spiked up. What finally happened was unemployment caught up with that.

2.) It is now September 18, 2009. Barack Hussein Obama has officially kept us so far more safe than George W Bush and Dick Cheney ever did. So every night before you go to sleep, just remember that under this "Marxist" President that we haven't been attacked. :eusa_whistle:

Your thoughts?

That's an interesting, politically-loaded accusation. The truth is that no matter who the president is, unemployment as an economic indicator always lags behind the other indicators. This is especially true at the end of recessions.

If you think about it, it makes sense. Employers don't want to hire new people until they are sure their company is stable and growing again. A rising stock market means many companies are stabilizing and beginning to grow again-- and, if sustained, the unemployment numbers will soon follow.

TrueBlue gets "Bingo!" Clearly, with Bush-Cheney in office, and Paulson at Treasury busy bailing out bankers: Then no looking for work could expect to find any.

Now there is Obama-Biden, Pelosi, Reid, Labor, and the Blue Dogs: And so the stock market is up, and the incentive to start looking for work is also up. Cash for Clunkers increased sales, and depleted inventories. Inventories are low. Inventory creation means employment.

Next year, there will be stimulus money finally available to buy the inventory. There will be even more stimulus money available if state and local governments actually fire the people, holding back the stimulus-money.

Vice-President Biden--who actually knows people in office--has repeatedly acknowledged that the stimulus-money was designed to build on all the other measures created to stem the financial collapse freefall. The idea was to create momentum.

And then there came Cash for Clunkers, indicating what the refundable tax credit monies will do,

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(University of California faculty need to know this. So far not many faculty anywhere know this, or other things. They subject of, "Why pay them?" however, never comes up. In California, at UC, they simply don't, as in "Ya know!")

Cash for clunkers was a one-time success that has led to minimal job creation. It sounds like you're counting your chickens before they hatch.

Unemployment Up 27% Since Innauguration

Thanks alot bush, you idiot!!!!

I don't know if you missed it, but the current unemployment drops are taking place despite W. In other words, Obama's economic genius is struggling to outwit Bush's economic failures. As in, Obama can't fix it. Here:

unempdataaugust.jpg

Dark blue is Obama's predictions for economy with a stimulus, light blue is his predictions for the economy without a stimulus, and the red dots are the real numbers.

He's just an employment whiz, that Obama, isn't he?

I knew when the Democrats took over Congress in 2007 something like this would happen.

Or maybe the housing market bubble bursting, finding out how corrupt the banks were, and having two wars might have something to do with it. Both parties are to blame for this current downturn, not just Democrats.

Forum List

Back