Unemployment rate rises. Pathetic recovery stalls

Bigreb - I guess someone believes this crap!! See he just posted it. :lol:

In what way are we worse then when Obama took office? Use hard figures. Remember, we're talking about the recession.

This is when you don't respond and I prove another one of you loud mouth idiots, is indeed a loud mouth idiot.

I keep seeing progressives use that argument, RDD and it's rather ridiculous. When Barack Obama took office we were at the worst part of a rather severe economic downturn. Have things improved statistically since then? Well, of course. Recessions are always cyclical. The question isn't whether things are better but rather whether it is getting better as fast as it should and how much of that is due to THIS President's policies. We've been out of a recession for some time now but that does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that things are proceeding as they should. What that does mean is that we've had so many quarters of ANY economic growth and even glacially slow economic growth (which is what we've been experiencing) counts...hardly something to crow about.

The fact is...this economic downturn continues to grind along with no end in sight. We've had a huge number of people on long term unemployment and that isn't changing. At some point, the Obama Administration has to take responsibility for that. They don't have a plan in place to address the economy, RDD and that's almost criminal. I've asked this many time before and I'll ask it of you once again...why would someone re-elect a man to a second four year term who apparently ran out of ideas to fix the economy about two years into his first?

Great question. Because I honestly don't see any better ideas coming from Romney. If his solution is to further cut taxes for big business and the wealthy while increasing taxes on the poor or middle class than I'd rather stick with the guy who I at least can agree with on Social issues, since neither he nor Romney seem to be much different otherwise.

Right, but its still less shit. Hence a recovery. Sorry the facts don't agree with the picture you're trying to paint there Picasso.

ahh..but the affects of standing in 3 feet of sh*t are no different than the affects of standing in 2.5 feet of sh*t.

And if the sh*t shoveler promised nothing more than a skid mark after 4 years, and there were still 2.5 feet of sh*t, the sh*t shoveler should be held accountable....even by his most faithful supporters.

Unless, of course, his most faithful supporters are easily swayed by spin and excuses.

Right. but there's still less shit than when he started the job. Less shit is less shit. We all wish it was even less, but it is what it is unfortunately.
you see...you say "it is what it is" and "we alll wish it was even less"...

And I say....it did not have to be this way and you guys wouldnt listen to us...exactly what we said was going to happen, happened.

You guys were sucked in by the spin and the rhetoric and that hope and change thing....it was used while we all were most vulnerable....

I mean....lets be real...(paraphrased)

"we are in the worst shape economically since the great depression, (forgetting the days of Carter I guess)...Many of you will lose your jobs and will be struggling to feed your famiilies....

sooo...

Vote for me and first I will give you more money in your paycheck and then I will lead you to the promised land!"

I mean...how the hell did he only get 54% of the vote?

In what way are we worse then when Obama took office? Use hard figures. Remember, we're talking about the recession.

This is when you don't respond and I prove another one of you loud mouth idiots, is indeed a loud mouth idiot.

I keep seeing progressives use that argument, RDD and it's rather ridiculous. When Barack Obama took office we were at the worst part of a rather severe economic downturn. Have things improved statistically since then? Well, of course. Recessions are always cyclical. The question isn't whether things are better but rather whether it is getting better as fast as it should and how much of that is due to THIS President's policies. We've been out of a recession for some time now but that does not by any stretch of the imagination mean that things are proceeding as they should. What that does mean is that we've had so many quarters of ANY economic growth and even glacially slow economic growth (which is what we've been experiencing) counts...hardly something to crow about.

The fact is...this economic downturn continues to grind along with no end in sight. We've had a huge number of people on long term unemployment and that isn't changing. At some point, the Obama Administration has to take responsibility for that. They don't have a plan in place to address the economy, RDD and that's almost criminal. I've asked this many time before and I'll ask it of you once again...why would someone re-elect a man to a second four year term who apparently ran out of ideas to fix the economy about two years into his first?

Great question. Because I honestly don't see any better ideas coming from Romney. If his solution is to further cut taxes for big business and the wealthy while increasing taxes on the poor or middle class than I'd rather stick with the guy who I at least can agree with on Social issues, since neither he nor Romney seem to be much different otherwise.

What I put in bold. I think your problem is you see it as you wrote it.

Let me put it this way...

Progressives do not consider cost/benefit.....not a criticism...an observation. Progreessives come up with a good idea to help people...and want it implemented...worrying about the consequences later.

They employ the same concept/opposite result when addressing conservative ideas....Romeny does not see it as giving tax cuts to the rich....he sees it as giving business owners reason to want to continue to grow within the US...so they can expand and create jobs.

But progressives see it strictly as "giving the rich folk tax breaks"

So when it comes to con ideas, they do not consider benefit

Suggestion....ALWAYS look at cost AND benefit.

Last edited:

What I put in bold. I think your problem is you see it as you wrote it.

Let me put it this way...

Progressives do not consider cost/benefit.....not a criticism...an observation. Progreessives come up with a good idea to help people...and want it implemented...worrying about the consequences later.

They employ the same concept/opposite result when addressing conservative ideas....Romeny does not see it as giving tax cuts to the rich....he sees it as giving business owners reason to want to continue to grow within the US...so they can expand and create jobs.

But progressives see it strictly as "giving the rich folk tax breaks"

So when it comes to con ideas, they do not consider benefit

Suggestion....ALWAYS look at cost AND benefit.

Of course you have to look at cost and benefit. I'm just failing to see the benefit of raising taxes on the poor and middle class while cutting them for big business when they are already sitting on piles of cash but aren't using it. It's obviously not a lack of cash that is preventing them from hiring, so what will further tax breaks do for the economy? Not much.

Recovery my ass.
If you are standing in 3 ft of sh*t...and then you are now standing in 2.5ft of sh*t...your still standing in sh*t.

Right, but its still less shit. Hence a recovery. Sorry the facts don't agree with the picture you're trying to paint there Picasso.

What facts genius?
Going from 3 ft. of shit to 2.5ft of shit - and it took 5 years to accomplish it isn't exactly a great recovery Sherlock.
At the rate we are going it will take about 18 years to recover.

I doubt the average Dim understands just how bad this report hurts them.

The economy now goes on 'hold' until after the November elections.

And people will be looking for change.

Recovery my ass.
If you are standing in 3 ft of sh*t...and then you are now standing in 2.5ft of sh*t...your still standing in sh*t.

What facts genius?
Going from 3 ft. of shit to 2.5ft of shit - and it took 5 years to accomplish it isn't exactly a great recovery Sherlock.

Only a democratic would be content standing in shit...

What facts genius?

Only a democratic would be content standing in shit...

Exactly...as long as the shit is shared fairly.

The economy now goes on 'hold' until after the November elections.

And people will be looking for change.

And it won't be Obama...no matter how much he primps, preens and disguises it in upcoming debates.

He has chosen to wage WAR on the private sector that he in his own words was 'like being behind enemy lines'...

He has chosen to launch a WAR on the people he was sworn to protect and defend...but chooses to make America in his warped Marxist image...

This failure is HIS cross to bear...his to explain away...he OWNS what he hath sewn.

NO amount of blame will take it away.

Time he mans up.

Obama has a better jobs record than Bush guys.

You voted him in a second time and he crashed the econony

No matter what the anti-American rws say, that FACT will continue to affect our economy for generations.

Stupid sniper fire

Ninny just doesn't get it. Hurt the DEMs??? WHAT are you thinking? (nothing, obviously, not a damn thing)

The US does not exist in a vacuum. When I visited England, I heard, over and over, that President Obama had not only pulled us back from total financial collapse, his policies had done the same for GB and the rest of Europe. There is nothing ANY president, R or D, can do right now to stop what is happening in Europe or how it will affect us.

I've said this several time and of course, its not what the rw's want to hear. They are ignorant of global financial affairs. Remember when rw's wrote that Wall Street means nothing to them? They have no fucking clue that Wall Street is the barometer by which all of our economy is measured.

They want Obama's head on a platter and they will even applaud the traitorous actions of the GObP/pubs/bags - even though it can have only one outcome.

The right would be thrilled if the United States goes down. If we do, they'll be right there, screaming about how Obama did it.

Even though they have no idea what Obama "did".

'Gov. Mitt Romney’s campaign team sought to deflate President Barack Obama’s Minnesota speech Friday by sending out a clip of Obama’s infamously grandiose address in the same location four years ago.

“This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal … this was the moment when we ended a war, and secured our nation, and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth,” Obama declared June 3, 2008.

Obama had a far more modest agenda for his June 1 speech in Minnesota.'

Read more: Romney campaign reminds voters of Obama's 2008 Minnesota visit | The Daily Caller

th_ROTFL.gif

Not only small businesses but large companies are also waiting obama out. When obama loses, the economy will explode overnight. The nation will give a collective sigh of relief that the dark days are finally ended.

and to think some libs are blaming bush for this report? yet they gave Obama credit for the months of 200K jobs,,,,,you cant have it both ways!

Statists live on a two-way street when it comes to themselves...when they fail? They erect barriers and blame the traffic jam on the other guy...no matter they have a rescue unit onscene cleaning up thier borne injuries from thier stupidity.

Forum List

Back