Unemployment rate rises. Pathetic recovery stalls

Well, the only silver lining is that this report makes monkeys out of all those rightwing nuts who have been saying that the administration was manipulating the UE number to keep it from going up between now and the election.

Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

The poll also finds a decline in Obama’s overall favorability rating one year after taking office. He is viewed favorably by 27 percent of U.S. investors. In an October poll, 32 percent in the U.S. held a positive impression.

“Investors no longer feel they can trust their instincts to take risks,” said poll respondent David Young, a managing director for a broker dealer in New York.'

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchi ve&sid=a8UiI1bCRdmY

Vote responsibly next time, peeps!

Snipper it is sad when an American citizen (which I guess you are, haven't seen your BC)
is celebrating over the misfortune of other Americans. Or is that Amercia?

And when you want/need a job and can't find one, it is misfortune.

What is it that you believe Mittens would do to bring down unempleoyment?

And if he (Mittens) were elected and failed to bring down the unemployment numbers,
would you shoot yourself over the failure of YOUR messiah?

Just curious.

Wait 'til after his election and the election of a GOP controlled Senate. Before the Senate is seated or Romney is inaugurated, companies will start to hire and add capacity. Companies are holding capital right now because they're scared shitless about what the boy king might do next.

You mean like how we went into recession 4 months after Bush was elected??

Start thinking right is a bull shit rag of rethug misinfomation.

Quit wasting peoples time with that bullshit.

Give up the mainstream, credible research you say exists.

They cited the Small Business Association poll- You may not like a conservative blog, but your desperate attempt to ignore the sourced information is what is bullshit and time wasting.

stoner.jpg

Where is the research stating that all the "job creators" will be hiring if Obama is defeated.

That is the only information I would be interested in.

And if you are still so stupid that you think American business's would not be hiring if there was greater demand for their goods and services, then you are stupid beyond belief. There are no American business men who would turn down the chance to make even more money if the opportunity was there.
No matter who is president. Business men are greedy. They like to make money. They would hire more people if it were needed. And it has nothing to do with Mittens or Obama. It does have to do with how many workers a business needs to fill the demands of the business.

Once again, whay will Mittens do to make everyone hire additional workers.

Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

The poll also finds a decline in Obama’s overall favorability rating one year after taking office. He is viewed favorably by 27 percent of U.S. investors. In an October poll, 32 percent in the U.S. held a positive impression.

“Investors no longer feel they can trust their instincts to take risks,” said poll respondent David Young, a managing director for a broker dealer in New York.'

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchi ve&sid=a8UiI1bCRdmY

Vote responsibly next time, peeps!

I talk to small business owners daily- They all want a change in policy and they believe Romney can provide it. BTW many of them thought Obama would be the answer only to be sorely disappointed by his desire to impose unfriendly policies, most of which are tax policies.

Where is the research stating that all the "job creators" will be hiring if Obama is defeated.

That is the only information I would be interested in.

You aren't kidding anyone.

Obama had you from the moment he did that gay little wiggle dance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.

They cited the Small Business Association poll

Many of the executives surveyed were gloomy about the economy’s prospects. About 41% see the business climate getting worse over the next two years, compared with 29% who expect the climate to improve.

You know what. I read that article twice and I didn't see the word romney mentioned. As in; If Romney is elected I won't worry about the economy and I will hire hundreds because I have such demand for my product that will only surface if Romney is elected.

where was that part?

Fear not!

Obama is jumping right on the problem!

Obama to Hold Six Fundraisers in One Day

Obama to Hold Six Fundraisers in One Day | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Just remember he wouldn't leave the campaign trail in 2008 to go deal with the financial crisis. He was a US senator then, it was more important to continue his campaign than deal with the crisis in Washington. He didn't want to do his job, he wanted to campaign instead, it wasn't important enough. That was the first indication of how much he cares about the people. Yea, yea, yea he eventually went, but only when it was necessary for a vote. He just didn't want to talk about it. :)

Economy added just 69,000 jobs in May, unemployment rate rises to 8.2 percent

US Economy Added 69K Jobs in May, Fewest in a Year - ABC News

'The dismal jobs figures could fan fears that the economy is sputtering.'

Ya think?

Yes, the summer hiring season that typically begins in April, is over and I don't expect to see better unemployment numbers until the holiday season is on, and more seasonal hiring, picks up.

The jobs and unemployment numbers are seasonally adjusted to filter out seasonal hirings and firings, so they should not affect the numbers.

we gave the rich tax breaks and billions in cash, where are the jobs?

Well according to you TDM and the Obama admistration, they are there, you're just not looking at the charts right.

BTW, those billions you think they got wouldn't even begin to pay off the debt, there aren't enough billionaires in the US to make a dent.

Keep being led to slaughter, keep pushing those businesses to countries that appreciate jobs, keep pushing those "rich" people to pull out of the US markets.

Yea, you're so smart with your mooning cartoon character. :lol:

we gave the rich tax breaks and billions in cash, where are the jobs?

Well according to you TDM and the Obama admistration, they are there, you're just not looking at the charts right.

BTW, those billions you think they got wouldn't even begin to pay off the debt, there aren't enough billionaires in the US to make a dent.

Keep being led to slaughter, keep pushing those businesses to countries that appreciate jobs, keep pushing those "rich" people to pull out of the US markets.

Yea, you're so smart with your mooning cartoon character. :lol:

You could have just cut to the chase and said trickle down economics obviously don't work.

Forum List

Back