Unemployment rate rises. Pathetic recovery stalls

Pubs shouldn't be elected for 20 years- lying cronyism thieves...

from wiki:

In November 2007, commenting on the financial crisis sparked by the sub-prime mortgage collapse in the United States, Doug Noland’s Credit Bubble Bulletin, on Asia Times Online, noted,

The scale of the Credit "insurance" problem is astounding. According to the Bank of International Settlements, the OTC market for Credit default swaps (CDS) jumped from $4.7 TN at the end of 2004 to $22.6 TN to end 2006. From the International Swaps and Derivatives Association we know that the total notional volume of credit derivatives jumped about 30% during the first half to $45.5 TN. And from the Comptroller of the Currency, total U.S. commercial bank Credit derivative positions ballooned from $492bn to begin 2003 to $11.8 TN as of this past June....

Well, Bush had a BUNCH of "butt-buddy" favors he had to repay to his daddy's friends before his second term in office was through.

After all....they DID rig two elections for him but more importantly they had given him KARL ROVE to think and talk for him so he never really had to "play president" all by himself!

So he opened the doors to the henhouse and let the foxes have their will. He deregulated Banking and industry so the "evildoers" could rape America good before the orgy was over!

That's why our economy is in the tank now and the wheels are on the rails screaming toward total and final collapse of America.

But hey....we "liberated" Iraq! lol!

Pubs shouldn't be elected for 20 years- lying cronyism thieves...

from wiki:

In November 2007, commenting on the financial crisis sparked by the sub-prime mortgage collapse in the United States, Doug Noland’s Credit Bubble Bulletin, on Asia Times Online, noted,

The scale of the Credit "insurance" problem is astounding. According to the Bank of International Settlements, the OTC market for Credit default swaps (CDS) jumped from $4.7 TN at the end of 2004 to $22.6 TN to end 2006. From the International Swaps and Derivatives Association we know that the total notional volume of credit derivatives jumped about 30% during the first half to $45.5 TN. And from the Comptroller of the Currency, total U.S. commercial bank Credit derivative positions ballooned from $492bn to begin 2003 to $11.8 TN as of this past June....

Yes, with political democrats pushing Freddie and Fannie, greed heads found a way to make a profit. Tell us oh hater of the financial crisis... How did Frank play into it???

In Frank's own words as to why he "missed" the signs.

"Frank, in his most detailed explanation to date about his actions, said in an interview he missed the warning signs because he was wearing ideological blinders. He said he had worried that Republican lawmakers and the Bush administration were going after Fannie and Freddie for their own ideological reasons and would curtail the lenders’ mission of providing affordable housing."

link

Last edited:
African-American Unemployment Crisis, Part 1

President Bush says the U.S. economy is on the road to recovery — but with double the unemployment rate of whites, African Americans seem to have been left behind. We visit an unemployment office in the Crenshaw district of Los Angeles to hear from one of the many caught in this crisis.

African-American Unemployment Crisis, Part 1 : NPR

The unemployment rate is 10.6% for blacks compared

http://www.caa.wa.gov/priorities/civil/documents/StateoftheDisparity12306version32.pdf

I wonder how those people who claimed the economy was bad under bush what they say about it now?

President Bush says the U.S. economy is on the road to recovery — but with double the unemployment rate of whites, African Americans seem to have been left behind. We visit an unemployment office in the Crenshaw district of Los Angeles to hear from one of the many caught in this crisis.

http://www.caa.wa.gov/priorities/civil/documents/StateoftheDisparity12306version32.pdf

I wonder how those people who claimed the economy was bad under bush what they say about it now?

Didn't you hear? 'Summer of Recovery' Part Three...:eusa_whistle:

Didn't you hear? 'Summer of Recovery' Part Three...:eusa_whistle:

You got to stop the destruction before you can have a recovery.

You and me both.
Anybody who still has money in the markets and is not a professional who makes a living doing it - is a fool. (includes 401k folks). You cannot win...your basically only providing the perks for the high rollers...you have no chance to make money long term in the markets any more. Your better off buying gold/utilities/real estate etc.

As for politics...does it really matter? We no longer live in a democratic representative republic...it has been a plutocracy for almost 40 years now.
If your not in the upper 20%...your supporting the upper 20%. There are no more conservatives or liberals in Washington. Just devoted, dutiful servants of New York who have different opinions.

Wait until the doors are locked and the armed guards won't give you your gold.

Your stocks are suddenly worthless. The traffic lights don't even work anymore....OR the streetlights!

Wait a minute! Now the power is off in your HOME! But you're sure you've paid your bill!

No computer....no phone. Just that old radio from the basement IF that is....you've got a few batteries!

So you go down to the market thinking you'll pick up a couple gallons of water to see you through....and maybe some cold cuts too.....and OLIVES from the olive bar....just to pass the difficulty.

But there are THOUSANDS of people in the parking lot and smoke, and armed guards BEATING people away from the doors!!!!

Think it PROBABLY won't happen in your lifetime?

Try within the next two years:(

I have my Gold Eagles in MY vault.
I have cows and a garden and a cellar full of canned goods.
I trade products with my neighbors.

Good for you! You're smarter than most!:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back