Unemployment rate reaches five year high

Don't worry, John McCain plans to improve the economy by cutting taxes for the rich because it's working so well for Bush.

Don't worry, John McCain plans to improve the economy by cutting taxes for the rich because it's working so well for Bush.

but it will trickle down! dont you feel the trickle?

but it will trickle down! dont you feel the trickle?

It amazes me that the Republicans keep reviving that failed theory of econ.

Tickle down economics, has been tried three times and failed three times, and STILL they insist it is a viable policy.

Well it works well enough for their masters, I suppose.

I just don't know what the people in Washington are thinking.America has Billions of Dollars to give away to Iraq and Georgia, and Israel, and we have Millions of Americans who are unemployed.When are the Politicians in Washington going to wake up and do something about the nations rising umemployment rate?!

I just don't know what the people in Washington are thinking.America has Billions of Dollars to give away to Iraq and Georgia, and Israel, and we have Millions of Americans who are unemployed.When are the Politicians in Washington going to wake up and do something about the nations rising umemployment rate?!

do something useful? seriously? why would they do that?

Are you proposing more government jobs?

Evidence: it takes workers to drill and build things.

lets see, i believe the workforce is at about 138 million. at 6.1%, that puts unemployment at 8,418,000. so you think drilling will create 4.2 million jobs? and not drilling will destroy another 8.4 million?

:cuckoo:

lets see, i believe the workforce is at about 138 million. at 6.1%, that puts unemployment at 8,418,000. so you think drilling will create 4.2 million jobs? and not drilling will destroy another 8.4 million?

:cuckoo:
Drill, transport, build pipelines, spend money in the US instead of in the Middle East. What part of economic growth don't you understand? Oh, that's right, you're a Democrat. :cuckoo:

Evidence: it takes workers to drill and build things.

if anwr were opened up, BP would get the contract is what i read, because they are the ones there with the contract/equipment in the northern slope....not even an American company....that's quite disconcerting to me.....

which means our oil and our natural gas brought up will STILL BE part of the biggest transfer of wealth to foreigners in our history...

oil then goes on the global market, in a drip by drip method, not much added on the world oil supply when all said and done either....

same with the gulf opening up....any foreign oil company can get the lease, still transfering our wealth to them....?

i don't see how this helps us?

Drill, transport, build pipelines, spend money in the US instead of in the Middle East. What part of economic growth don't you understand? Oh, that's right, you're a Democrat. :cuckoo:

economic growth? we're just talking about jobs here. and yet you have no evidence to show that your estimated # of jobs will be created. but keep pretending you have

if anwr were opened up, BP would get the contract is what i read, because they are the ones there with the contract/equipment in the northern slope....not even an American company....that's quite disconcerting to me.....

which means our oil and our natural gas brought up will STILL BE part of the biggest transfer of wealth to foreigners in our history...

oil then goes on the global market, in a drip by drip method, not much added on the world oil supply when all said and done either....

same with the gulf opening up....any foreign oil company can get the lease, still transfering our wealth to them....?

i don't see how this helps us?
You think BP only hires Brits, and all those workers have food and shelter flown in from Europe? :eusa_eh:

clock is the kind of guy who calls fingerpainting fine art. dont expect a profound retort from the likes of that shallow bastard.

economic growth? we're just talking about jobs here. and yet you have no evidence to show that your estimated # of jobs will be created. but keep pretending you have
Obviously you don't know the first thing about economics, and I am unwilling to educate you simply for the purpose of debating you. :lol:

Forum List

Back