Unemployment Rate Falls to 8.6%...

The jobless rate drop to 8.6%, is matched by a 0.2% decline in the labor participation rate. The amount of workers dropped 315K from October while the number of people out of the labor force jumped 487K. We need approx. 135-50K jobs a month to match expansion of new entrants into the work force.

This is a sleepwalking number and frankly on the anemic side, lets see if the revise it up next month because if this is it, ala adding in the holiday hiring, its actual a terrible number.

It will be rah rahed by the
sheep.gif
here (at USMB as Mal alluded who will be along later), based on the usual slight of hand Government self promotion as to how they express a segment of the economy. I heard the temp hiring was decent but nothing to write home about.

DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON! What can the GOP do to through a wrench in the improvement? This is NOT good for the Repubs!

GO NEWT!

DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON! What can the GOP do to through a wrench in the improvement? This is NOT good for the Repubs!

GO NEWT!

It's the Generational Correction doing what it was going to do regardless of who was President.

Barry repeated and expanded EVERYTHING Boooooooooooosh did, you fucking Dingleberry.

:)

peace...

The way things have been since September of 2008, I celebrate every improvement. And I think we are seeing improvement. I would argue it is in spite of what the clowns in DC are doing, rather than because of it.

As Trajan pointed out, some of the improvement comes from the way statistics are compiled. My unemployment ran out, so I am no longer unemployed. Even though I am worse off by 300 per week and still not working

The way things have been since September of 2008, I celebrate every improvement. And I think we are seeing improvement. I would argue it is in spite of what the clowns in DC are doing, rather than because of it.

As Trajan pointed out, some of the improvement comes from the way statistics are compiled. My unemployment ran out, so I am no longer unemployed. Even though I am worse off by 300 per week and still not working

I am sorry to hear that Baruch, I was there too, got axed April 2009. I got some interviews and got lucky. Keep swinging. ;)

not sure were I saw this, its not mine butt made me chuckle, looinmg at the way the BLS does their numbers etc. “If we’d just kill all the sick people we’d be the healthiest country in the world!”

Many see this as a glass half full.

Cons see it as a glass that is empty.

Just keep spewing trash on a recovering economy, Im sure it will win you the next election.......NOT

That sucks. Sorry.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Bottom Line - Employment growth picked up speed in November; jobless rate falls to 8.6 percent

I'm sure it will be Adjusted up in the near future, but at least we are not going to the Highs of the Last Generational Correction which saw over 11% Unemployment.

Now Truthdont, rightwinger and the rest... Give the Credit to Obama. :thup:

peace...

You sure know how to tweak people's noses don't ya..

You little stinker you. :lol:

After all these years, Brother... I Think you Finally get me...

Now explain it to the others!... :lol:

peace...

Geez - are we going to have 10 of these brainless kool-aid threads today?
Even MSNBC for God's sakes admitted the 8.6% number is deceiving in that 315,000 people fell off of the chart due to no longer receiving benefits and have given up looking for a job.
So in reality - in November - what should be a strong employment month - it is a loss.

Thank Obama for 315,000 people giving up on their lives and not even trying to find a job anymore.

Policy can effect these things , its why we have elections.

FDR gets credit for helping end a depression and Obama gets credit for helping end a recession.

Bush gets credit for aiding a world wide crash.

Presidents do matter no matter how much you pretend they dont

Forum List

Back