Unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Feb. 3 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. jobless rate unexpectedly fell in January to the lowest in three years as payrolls climbed more than forecast, casting doubt on the Federal Reserve's plan to keep interest rates low until late 2014.

The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009. The 243,000 increase in jobs was the biggest in nine months and exceeded all forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. Service industries grew by the most in a year, according to a separate report.

Read more: Payrolls Jump in U.S. Casts Doubt on Fed Rate Pledge: Economy

There has been an aweful lot of "unexpectedly" and "exceeding forecasts" this past year.

Not that I believe Washington or anything...................

Funny, I saw on yahoo yesterday it had inched back up after the temporary holiday hiring..

Who to believe...It's STILL TOO FRIGGEN HIGH, 8.3 is nothing to celebrate.

More jobs created under Obama in three years than under Bush's eight years.

LOL, yeah right...that is why unemployment is still so high..those magic jobs nobody seem to be able to find.

You Obamabot have to live in some fairy tale I guess/

Last edited:
Funny, I saw on yahoo yesterday it had inched back up after the temporary holiday hiring..

its better than going the otherway...but why would you want to see it go down? You want it to remain high.

Anti-american shit
God knows the GOP has done everything they could to prevent any improvement under Obama.

its better than going the otherway...but why would you want to see it go down? You want it to remain high.

Anti-american shit
God knows the GOP has done everything they could to prevent any improvement under Obama.

Yeah, they are the ones who put the stop on a pipeline from Canada..Oh that's right Obama did that, so who is PREVENTING any improvement..

Anti-american shit

Is that why every time the House passed a jobs bill this past year that the Senate wouldn't even bring it to the floor?

Anti-american shit

i seriously dont blame them. They want obama gone and will destroy America in order to do so. See the debt ceiling stupidity as evidence. In fact with that they where willing to risk the world economy in order to fuck over Obama.

They've gone all in, dived into the deepend, and pride, stubborness, etc wont let them see the errors.

Yes please lets run on the debt.......... How much has Obama added in 3 years? 35% or somewhere right in there? In only 3 years..... Wow, what could he do with 8 years????

Dear me,
they want Obama gone so they will DESTROY America..

From the looks of it the Republicans don't have to do anything to destroy Obama, his approvals by the people show he can do that pretty good all by himself..

but the dramatics was touching

Last edited:
If this continues, Mitt is going to have to "Fire" some people...

Feb. 3 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. jobless rate unexpectedly fell in January to the lowest in three years as payrolls climbed more than forecast, casting doubt on the Federal Reserve's plan to keep interest rates low until late 2014.

The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009. The 243,000 increase in jobs was the biggest in nine months and exceeded all forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. Service industries grew by the most in a year, according to a separate report.

Read more: Payrolls Jump in U.S. Casts Doubt on Fed Rate Pledge: Economy

Yep, seems that most of this "job growth" has occured since 2010........:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back