Unemployment Peaks After Recessions End

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
This recession will be no different.

6a00d83451b33869e20120a62344e9970b-800wi

Economist's View: "The Weakest Recovery in Modern Memory"?

A peak, by definition, is surrounded by two valleys...

Thank you, captain obvious. What will you teach us next? That recessions are followed by booms?

Where's right winger. he said unemployment doubled under Bush...don't see it....

Bush entered office with a 4% unemployment rate and left with a unemployment rate of 8.1%.

Edit: At least from what I remember and how the graph looks.

Last edited:
Rocky Marciano was my hero when I was growing up in the fifties. He just knocked people out. No finesse, no fancy style, no float like a butterfly. Just straight jabs and punches until you could not take any more. Never defeated. How many heavyweight champions could claim to have never lost a fight in their careers?

Cassius Clay was the next best fighter of all time, but he lost and was soundly beaten on several occasions.

AND, I ask, is it a recovery when all the Obama administration has done is manipulate the data that goes into the GDP so as to raise it to plus 3%??????

All that government spending can buy a positive GDP, but the economy still is tanking. The economy itself is not improving even if the GDP says that it is.

As previously stated, Bernanke and Geitner have worked to solve the GDP problem, but they have not effectively solved the economic problems.

Thank you, captain obvious. What will you teach us next? That recessions are followed by booms?

You must not understand the OP, so I'll put on my Captain Obvious hat just for you.

Unemployment peaks after the recession is over. It has in the past and will do so again this time.

You must not understand the OP, so I'll put on my Captain Obvious hat just for you.

Unemployment peaks after the recession is over. It has in the past and will do so again this time.

Winner.

I just sat down with clients in a planned meeting to review a proposal to transition them into new industry. The proposal is currently on hold because they were directed this morning by their corporate HQ to reduce their staff by 20%. They reduced by 20% last quarter, so they have now reduced by 34% in the last 4 months.

Since the US is now competing on an even playing field with the third world, manufacturing losses in the US will not level off until our manufacturing standards and costs are equivalent with the nations whom we are competing with. My opinion is that there will be no recovery to current levels. The decline will continue, and a recovery period will stabilize at an economic level that is much lower than our current condition.

It's called collapse. So far we've seen only the decline that precedes the collapse.

Forum List

Back