Unemployment Insurance Claims Skyrocketing

Stimulus?

Electric%20cattle%20prod.jpg

Bend over...

DOWN? DOWN? Down, Hell! They have fairly consistently been going UP and UP since September.

I am willing to bet that four out of five people surveyed on the street will tell you that UI claims are steadily going down. Of Course, the opposite is what is actually happening. In that regard the American People believe a lie of tremendous proportion.

Nearly three million people a MONTH are now filing UI claims.

Let's look: weekly claims Huh, how about that, Not Seasonally Adjusted contnuing claims went down in the weeks ending Oct 3, Oct 10, Oct 24, Nov 7, and Nov 21. How is that "consistantly UP?"
It is overall up, in that the increases have been greater than the decreases so that current claims are higher than September, but it's hardly been "consistant."

Initial claims have also been up and down...down in weeks ending Oct 17, Oct 31, Nov 14, Nov 28. Again those are all NOT seasonally adjusted, which you claim are the numbers you follow.

And 3 million a month? You can't do math. Totalling the NSA new claims for September (weeks that end in Sept) we have 1.76 million initial claims. October was 2.4 million, and November was 2 million. While certainly not good, you're exaggerating how bad, even with the numbers you say you accept.

DOWN? DOWN? Down, Hell! They have fairly consistently been going UP and UP since September.

I am willing to bet that four out of five people surveyed on the street will tell you that UI claims are steadily going down. Of Course, the opposite is what is actually happening. In that regard the American People believe a lie of tremendous proportion.

Let's look: weekly claims Huh, how about that, Not Seasonally Adjusted contnuing claims went down in the weeks ending Oct 3, Oct 10, Oct 24, Nov 7, and Nov 21. How is that "consistantly UP?"
It is overall up, in that the increases have been greater than the decreases so that current claims are higher than September, but it's hardly been "consistant."

Initial claims have also been up and down...down in weeks ending Oct 17, Oct 31, Nov 14, Nov 28. Again those are all NOT seasonally adjusted, which you claim are the numbers you follow.

And 3 million a month? You can't do math. Totalling the NSA new claims for September (weeks that end in Sept) we have 1.76 million initial claims. October was 2.4 million, and November was 2 million. While certainly not good, you're exaggerating how bad, even with the numbers you say you accept.

Super Anal Ignoramus Maximus, you make me laugh pretending to be so stupid. You really are a commie pinko, aren't you? 700,000 times 4.2 is how much? You can lie about the numbers all you want, but the reality is there for all to see. The economy is collapsing. UI claims are skyrocketing and you are left with trying to lie all the time about it. Why don't you go commit suicide and improve the world in the process?

700,000 times 4.2 is how much?
And where did you get 700,000 from and what justifies multiplying it by 4.2 to get a monthly number when the months are quite variable?
Let's look:
09/26/2009 445,618
10/03/2009 451,883
10/10/2009 509,730
10/17/2009 460,430
10/24/2009 494,394
10/31/2009 482,419
11/07/2009 531,743
11/14/2009 475,000
11/21/2009 540,104
11/28/2009 460,162 preliminary
12/5/2009 664,865 advance

Sources past claims til 11/07/2009 and from the same page, "more weekly claims" let's you go to past news releases.

So where did 700,000 come from and what makes you think you can just multiply a random number.
And who do you think you are that you just make up numbers out of your ass, and then call ME a liar when I give clear explanations with precise language and back up my claims. You've deliberately excluded numbers that disagree with what you want them to say. Now if there's an abberation that needs to be explained, post the numbers and explain why they're deceptive, but don't try to hide things you disagree with...that's cowardly.

Last edited:

700,000 times 4.2 is how much?
And where did you get 700,000 from and what justifies multiplying it by 4.2 to get a monthly number when the months are quite variable?
Let's look:
09/26/2009 445,618
10/03/2009 451,883
10/10/2009 509,730
10/17/2009 460,430
10/24/2009 494,394
10/31/2009 482,419
11/07/2009 531,743
11/14/2009 475,000
11/21/2009 540,104
11/28/2009 460,162 preliminary
12/5/2009 664,865 advance

Sources past claims til 11/07/2009 and from the same page, "more weekly claims" let's you go to past news releases.

So where did 700,000 come from and what makes you think you can just multiply a random number.
And who do you think you are that you just make up numbers out of your ass, and then call ME a liar when I give clear explanations with precise language and back up my claims. You've deliberately excluded numbers that disagree with what you want them to say. Now if there's an abberation that needs to be explained, post the numbers and explain why they're deceptive, but don't try to hide things you disagree with...that's cowardly.

You always act like the dumbest piece of shit on the board. I have gone over and over and over and over this for you, but you always do not understand.

I have explained over and over that the chart is just a rough average of the trend of the numbers. I do not include numbers from shortened work weeks as I pointed out to you on four different occasions.

When the work week is short, the numbers are always messed up.

700 K?

I have explained for you benefit over and over and over and over that UI claims are not the total of people who were newly unemployed in a week. You never seem to be able to understand this, but you could take the UI claims numbers and add fifty percent to them to get a very conservative number of newly unemployed for the week.

Knowing how stupid you are, you are going to again say that is impossible, and I will patiently remind you again that there are a lot of people who work who do not pay into the fund and a lot of people who work who have not done so for six months to twelve months (the minimum amount of time to be eligible for banefits in the various states).

With that information presented to you, you will say something stupid, like nobody knows if those people lost any jobs in the week in question because you always want to act stupid as shit, and you always do. That is like saying no blacks or hispanics were among the unemployed because they did not identify themselves.

You can take the UI claims number for the last reported week, that is very close to 700 K and multiply that times 4.2 to see how many UI claims in a month we are building up to. Boy are you dumb! Now, if I were to take the nearly 700,000 who filed UI claims in the previously reported week, and add fifty percent to that, we end up with over a million in one week and if we multiply that times 4.2, we have way over four million newly unemployed in a month.

I put up very conservative estimates so that idiots like you can see the trend and the obvious corruption in the direction of the UI growth and you like the shill you are continue to claim that it is not going up.

As I have explained to you, I do not care what the exact number is, only the direction of the collapse in the economy. I show the direction of that collapse in the Service Sector and you lie like hell about it all of the time. Please go join Obama and his lying minions and stop polluting the board with all of your lies and distortions Super Anal Ignoramus Maximus. You are well named.

Last edited:
I have explained over and over that the chart is just a rough average of the trend of the numbers. I do not include numbers from shortened work weeks as I pointed out to you on four different occasions. When the work week is short, the numbers are always messed up.
No, the chart is an accurate description of the numbers its describing. You continually reject the other measures which give a broader view of actual unemployment. And no, the numbers from a shortened week are not messed up, they're the numbers from a shortened week. There are going to be less claims in a shortened week. There's going to be fewer people laid off in a shortened week. etc. That's one of the reasons the numbers are seasonally adjusted, to account for holidays.

700 K?

I have explained for you benefit over and over and over and over that UI claims are not the total of people who were newly unemployed in a week. You never seem to be able to understand this, but you could take the UI claims numbers and add fifty percent to them to get a very conservative number of newly unemployed for the week.
I've pointed out to you over and over that the very reason UI claims are NOT a good measure of overall unemployment is because there are many more people who become unemployed, especially entrants and re-entrants to the labor market. But you won't accept any other survey. I'm not getting where you think it's acceptable statistical practice to just make up 50% and put that out. You want accurate numbers for payroll employment, there's the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey which is a survey of businesses that pay into UI and gives information on Job Openings, Hires, Quits, and layoffs. In October, for example, for non-farm payroll employment, there were approx 4 million hires, 1.9 million quits, 2.2 million layoffs/firings, and 327,000 other seperations. (not seasonally adjusted, preliminary numbers). Caveat: "hires" includes transfers from other locations, and "other seperations" includes loss to transfer as well as death, disability, and retirement.

Now, if you want all unemployment additions, that's the Current Population Survey...you just have to look at the right tables. Table A-9 gives unemployment by duration of unemployment. So as of the week of November 8-14, there were 2.9 million people unemployed less than five weeks (again, not seasonally adjusted)

So you happen to be right (for October, or to be accurate: October 18 to November 14), but by accident. And if you wanted total quits and layoffs, regardless of whether someone is technically unemployed, you're way under the actual number of 4 million (though again, some of those are multiple job holders losing only one job).

Now, see how this works...I say 2.9 million and back it up with actual data and research so that anyone can double check what I say and see that I'm telling the truth. You just spout out numbers without any real back up.

I asked where you got 2.9 million from because you didn't say. Then you didn't say where you got 700,000 from. Are you really surprised that I question numbers you don't back up? Now, the average monthly newly unemployed this year is 3.2 million, but that varies... January, because of seasonal factors, was the highest at 4.1 million.

Now don't you feel silly about your long rant about what I was going to say when you weren't even close? I'm not partisan, I like accuracy.

Last edited:
I like accuracy.

Pinko, you are so fuggin' stupid that you are a source of fantastic entertainment. The fact remains, regardless of your nonsense, that the actual UI claims are soaring astronomically and the Government has been saying for over four months now that they are going way down. The government is lying and so are you, you shill.

Say we see somebody fall off of a 4000 foot cliff. I'd say that he is falling to his death. You'd say that since he is wiggling his butt, he is dancing.

Obviously you are nutz. He, like our economy, is falling to his death. You are just lookin' at his butt and salivating, as is your nature, and only seeing the butt movements.

Last edited:
this is the kind of Government crappola that we have been dealing with for the past four months. I know you are too stupid to undersand, Pinko, but this is propaganda.

Initial Claims Continue to Fall
Briefing.com - ‎Dec 3, 2009‎
New unemployment claims exceeded expectations as claims dropped another few thousand, bringing the total to 457000 for the week ending Nov. ...

Stocks rise following drop in jobless claims
The Associated Press - Tim Paradis, Ieva M. Augstums - ‎Nov 25, 2009‎
NEW YORK — Stocks are higher in light volume following a drop in weekly unemployment claims to the lowest level of the year

Unemployment claims drop for fifth week in a row
Hawaii News Now - Grace Lee - ‎Dec 3, 2009‎
While this sounds pretty good, one Labor Department analysts says the improvement may be due to some unemployment offices closing for the Thanksgiving ...

Unemployment claims fall 3% in November
Jerusalem Post - Sharon Wrobel - ‎Dec 9, 2009‎
New claims for unemployment benefits have been falling since July, after claims for benefits hit a record of 96000 in June." Since the Finance Ministry ...

Unemployment claims falling rapidly
(AP) – Nov 25, 2009 WASHINGTON —
The number of newly laid-off workers filing claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week to the lowest level in over a year.

In Spite of all the corrupt headlines eminating from the Department of Labor, the UI claims are not going down, they are skyrocketing.

UNADJUSTED DATA from the US Department of Labor.

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 801,086 in the week ending Jan. 9, an increase of 156,165 from the previous week. There were 956,791 initial claims in the comparable week in 2009.

The reported seasonally adjusted initial claims was 444,000. That was about a 100% adjustment. When will the lies ever stop.

Also CNBC reported today that Federal Reserve bought 80% of US Treasury Debt last year!!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTXxsn7g1Y"]Federal Reserve bought 80% of US Treasury Debt[/ame] That is quite the bombshell from the government propaganda channel. Can you say monitize that debt baby!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back