Unemployment Insurance Claims Skyrocketing

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Just released by the US Department of Labor.

"The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 664,865 in the week ending Dec. 5, an increase of 204,703 from the previous week...."

As I have posted many many times. IN A PREDOMINANTLY SERVICE SECTOR ECONOMY, INCREASING UNEMPLOYMENT IS A LEADING INDICATOR.

Obama is trying to hide the escalating problem, but it is there for all to see.

ETA Press Release: Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims Report

UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

In the week ending Dec. 5, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 474,000, an increase of 17,000 from the previous week's unrevised figure of 457,000. The 4-week moving average was 473,750, a decrease of 7,750 from the previous week's revised average of 481,500.

UNADJUSTED DATA

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 664,865 in the week ending Dec. 5, an increase of 204,703 from the previous week.

Mickeydees and Wally World will survive.
But yes when an american icon like McDonalds loses sales....
But then Busweiser was sold to foreign interests...

remember when the dems wanted a larger stimulus package?

Now you know why

This economy has recieved the current name of "the Great Recession" it would have recieved the name " the New Depression" if it had not been for the stimulus.

And our previous fearless leader went striaght form "everythings fine the economy is sound" To "if you do not approve TARP it will be a disaster".

And our previous fearless leader went striaght form "everythings fine the economy is sound" To "if you do not approve TARP it will be a disaster".

The day Bush stood up and claimed we would be in a Depression in a month if we did not do tarp My hubby said he saw business fall off a cliff.

He needed to SCARE everyone so he could try to avoid a political backlash.

If he had said we will be fine but we must prop up the banks temporarily to stablize the economy instead of screaming FIRE we would have been much better off.

He instead screamed fire in the theater so his anti gubment sheep would fall in line.

Neubarth, don't you make a thread like this almost every week now? Honestly, I know our economy is in trouble, as are my savings, but I'm really tired of reading about every single spike in unemployment.

So here's what I'm gonna do:

I'm gonna ignore your threads about unemployment. Call me when things improve...then I'll start paying attention again. Until then, bleh.

Neubarth, don't you make a thread like this almost every week now? Honestly, I know our economy is in trouble, as are my savings, but I'm really tired of reading about every single spike in unemployment.

So here's what I'm gonna do:

I'm gonna ignore your threads about unemployment. Call me when things improve...then I'll start paying attention again. Until then, bleh.

Well, actually, this is about Unemployment Insurance Claims, and an astronomical increase like the numbers for last week are important.

When was the last time it jumped like that? And then we have the corrupt Obama administration claiming it is the lowest in years. When you are being lied to like that don't you get upset?

remember when the dems wanted a larger stimulus package?

Now you know why

Give me a break.:lol::lol: Are you actually suggesting that 787 billion dollars was not enough???:lol::lol: Do you think the problem was actually that the money was mis-directed, to the wrong people, because I do. 6 million went to a former Clinton Polster who employed 3 temporary people to advertize that they are switching from analog to digital. :lol:

Millions to the Arts and Humanities, more money to these people than what went to small business, the economic engine of this country.

The simple fact of the matter is that we have been lallygagging around while we needed to put people to work. ORCs to clean the inner cities would have been a great starting point.

We could have gone on to reroute the runoff water in the Midwest to massive reservoirs in the far West. Just think we could stop the flooding in the Mississippi Missouri drainage system AND put farmers back to work in California while employing hundreds of thousands in the water works project. But alas, nobody has visions like I do. So we languish and the nation collapses.

The actual number of the Unemployment Insurance Claims is posted at the Department of Labor site, but what is loudly announced, "Unemployment Insurance Claims are DOWN for the fourteenth out of the last fifteen weeks!" is all that is seen in the media.

DOWN? DOWN? Down, Hell! They have fairly consistently been going UP and UP since September.

I am willing to bet that four out of five people surveyed on the street will tell you that UI claims are steadily going down. Of Course, the opposite is what is actually happening. In that regard the American People believe a lie of tremendous proportion.

Nearly three million people a MONTH are now filing UI claims.

Forum List

Back