Unemployment - Highest in 30 Years But BO Sees Glimmers of Hope?

Is he the fucking President or not? If he is he owns it. This doing nothing and just sitting back and blaming the predecessor is getting old real quick. He claimed being the mighty person of change . Where the hell is it?

Oh, please....

Obama is doing a great job. Thank goodness the Republicans were booted out. What a disaster! A trillion dollars wasted on the ridiculous "war on terror."

The economy is still in the fucking sewer. What great job is he doing? Adding trillions to the debt of babies? Now we have 8 trillion dollars wasted on God knows what.

Yeah, and he's been in office almost 3 months already! If he can't undo 8 years of damage in three months what the hell kind of president is he???

:mad:

Ridiculous.

Bush and Phil Gramm got us into this mess.

Nice try at deflection, however. It won't work. The American people are smarter than that.

If you're SO smart you may want to look up a couple of articles:

1. AIG being deregulated: Article in the Rolling Stone magazine--Clinton years--deregulated in the early 1990's. That would be an intelligent article to actually read.

2. New York Times
Date: Sept. 30, 1999
Titled: Fannie reduces credit requirements to aid mortgage lending.

After you actually read something that matches what you think is your "intelligence" you may want to come back on here & post an "intelligent" reply.

I think in hindsight you have a good point, Clinton went too far with deregulation. But he had a Republican Congress and had to make compromises.

You need to actually read the article--Fannie reduces credit to aid mortgage lending: It specifically states that "officials" within the Clinton adminstration were pressuring Fannie to reduce credit requirements for lending practices. This was not a vote. The same with AIG & their deregulation. Nothing was put forth to the congress for a vote--the Clinton administration just did it. Clinton even is on video last year blaming "his" adminstration for the collapse of Fannie/Freddie--stating that "he" warned them of what was going to happen. He blamed it on his own party.

As as we have witnessed with our incompetent government once something is done--it takes a financial collapse such as we are in to get it changed. They never ever learn. Then the same idiots that helped to create this financial collapse are sitting in their same chairs trying to fix it & of course with OUR MONEY.

Now what do I blame Bush for? For not trying hard enough to get these agencies under control. True he had a hostile group of banking board democrats that fought every single attempt at doing it, but he could have done a Ronald Reagan. Bring it to the attention of the American population--& that worked for Reagan & he had a loaded opposition through the entire 8 years & was able to get things done by doing that.

Last edited:
If you're SO smart you may want to look up a couple of articles:

1. AIG being deregulated: Article in the Rolling Stone magazine--Clinton years--deregulated in the early 1990's. That would be an intelligent article to actually read.

2. New York Times
Date: Sept. 30, 1999
Titled: Fannie reduces credit requirements to aid mortgage lending.

After you actually read something that matches what you think is your "intelligence" you may want to come back on here & post an "intelligent" reply.

I think in hindsight you have a good point, Clinton went too far with deregulation. But he had a Republican Congress and had to make compromises.

You need to actually read the article--Fannie reduces credit to aid mortgage lending: It specifically states that "officials" within the Clinton adminstration were pressuring Fannie to reduce credit requirements for lending practices. This was not a vote. The same with AIG & their deregulation. Nothing was put forth to the congress for a vote--the Clinton administration Just did it.

If the credit crisis happened in 1999 you'd have a really good argument its all his fault.

Oh, please....

Obama is doing a great job. Thank goodness the Republicans were booted out. What a disaster! A trillion dollars wasted on the ridiculous "war on terror."

The economy is still in the fucking sewer. What great job is he doing? Adding trillions to the debt of babies? Now we have 8 trillion dollars wasted on God knows what.

Yeah, and he's been in office almost 3 months already! If he can't undo 8 years of damage in three months what the hell kind of president is he???

This isn't the way to undo it though!

Mr. Obama's budget and the barely trimmed-down version the House and Senate Democrats taped together would slap more than $9 trillion in new debt on our children and grandchildren. "This is more debt than has been accumulated by all previous presidents in American history from George Washington to George W. Bush - combined," Mr. Riedl says.

Washington Times - LAMBRO: A worthy House Republican plan

Unemployment always lags behind other economic indicators, so as the economy slowly lurches toward stablization, the unemployment numbers will continue to increase marginally into the summer months before showing signs of their own stabalization.

That being said, it is quite likely the overall economic recovery will be far less than during other historical recessions due to the differing policies of the Obama administration. I hope this is not the case, but a growing number of economists are giving warnings of a new crisis of inflation that will necessitate ever increasing credit standars that will in turn halt the hoped-for improvement in the housing market. In essence, the economy will be lurching back and forth which in turn could produce ever increased amounts of agitation and uncertainty.

Still better than the continued declines we have been seeing in recent months, but troubling nevertheless...

Ridiculous.

Nice try at deflection, however. It won't work. The American people are smarter than that.

Is he the fucking President or not? If he is he owns it. This doing nothing and just sitting back and blaming the predecessor is getting old real quick. He claimed being the mighty person of change . Where the hell is it?

LOL - many conservatives I've seen talked about the "Clinton recession" in 01 for eight years and didn't seem to get tired of that.

The "Bush recession" is far worse. Hopefully we'll be out of the Bush recession before 8 years.

Well--I guess the "infantils" are back on line. When you get a little older you might want to take economics 101.

In your futile attempt to blame this financial collapse on just "one" adminstration you have got an awful lot to learn. Pay real good attention to the economic "cycles" that are frequent in our free markets.

BTW--I am a self-employed electrical contractor & survived the worst of the worst in this economy. Clinton really didn't have any recessions in his time period. Micro-soft & the tech industry were going through the roof at that time. But you're probably a little too young to remember that era.

Last edited:
I love these kinds of threads.

It sucks to lose an election doesn't it?

So true, these threads should be categorized as troll threads. Funny how the same people who missed Bush's mistakes year after year now can figure things out in just a few months! Amazing I wonder if it is the vitamins!

This isn't the way to undo it though!

Mr. Obama's budget and the barely trimmed-down version the House and Senate Democrats taped together would slap more than $9 trillion in new debt on our children and grandchildren. "This is more debt than has been accumulated by all previous presidents in American history from George Washington to George W. Bush - combined," Mr. Riedl says.

Washington Times - LAMBRO: A worthy House Republican plan

Those are projections, historically grossly inaccurate (in 2000 the CBO was projecting $2 trillion in surpluses over the next decade, by the end of the Bush Administration the debt had grown by $5 trillion) and much of the red ink comes from a change in accounting (including the cost of the wars in the budget) and revised negative economic forecasts as opposed to Obama's programs.

Right now he has a good argument for fiscal stimulus -- just as Bush did in 2001. But if after the economy is back on its feet Obama doesn't have a plan to lower the deficits I'll be right there with you.

LOL - many conservatives I've seen talked about the "Clinton recession" in 01 for eight years and didn't seem to get tired of that.

The "Bush recession" is far worse. Hopefully we'll be out of the Bush recession before 8 years.

Well--I guess the "infantils" are back on line. When you get a little older you might want to take economics 101.

In your futile attempt to blame this financial collapse on just "one" adminstration you have got an awful lot to learn. Pay real good attention to the economic "cycles" that are frequent in our free markets.

BTW--I am a self-employed electrical contractor & survived the worst of the worst in this economy. Clinton really didn't have any recessions in his time period. Micro-soft & the tech industry were going through the roof at that time. But you're probably a little too young to remember that era.

I agree it was infantile for many conservatives to talk about the "Clinton recession".

Thanks for proving my point.

It should. It's the same screwed up logic that attempts to blame Obama for this mess.

It is his mess and he owns it. I don't see anything turning around so far except how much babies owe the government. Well unless you are a Wall St. cronie of course.

Ridiculous.

A lot of people got us into this mess: FactCheck.org: Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

I know Washington changed how unemployment as well as inflation were calculated so as to make both look better. Am not sure by individual state, but would imagine most if not all changed the calculation as well.

Here is a site that shows the difference. Net, it is much larger nationally than we are led to believe. The Clinton adminstration was one of the culprits.

Inflation, Money Supply, GDP, Unemployment and the Dollar - Alternate Data Series

It is his mess and he owns it. I don't see anything turning around so far except how much babies owe the government. Well unless you are a Wall St. cronie of course.

Ridiculous.

A lot of people got us into this mess: FactCheck.org: Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

Real estate agents, most of whom work for the sellers rather than the buyers and who earned higher commissions from selling more expensive homes.

You see, Chris had more to do with this than Republicans.........:eusa_whistle:

Ridiculous.

Yes, but one party was in charge and that was the GOP.

And yes, the American people got it right, because not one Democrat lost their seat in 06 or 08.

The GOP between 2000-2006 passed legislation that would give tax breaks to companies moving their operations overseas.

Yahoo even asks the question: Why do Republicans support giving tax break to companies who send job's over seas?

Why do Republicans support giving tax break to companies who send job's over seas? - Yahoo! Answers

Factcheck Dot Org will say that it started under Clinton, and that is true. But you can only go so far with doing this before it starts to hurt our economy. Some jobs should be done overseas. But under the GOP rule, we sent too many.

So who came up with NAFTA? Newt's GOP under Clinton? Yes. So Clinton signed it. True. I don't know that NAFTA was unavoidable. But NAFTA can be abused. Correct? So when Bush got into office, he gave companies tax breaks to leave? I wonder what corporations gave the GOP to pass such bullshit tax breaks? Why would we help them leave the USA?

And if even 1 Democrat signed that bill, does that mean they are equally responsible? They probably signed it because they got some pork.

So if one or two Republicans signs anything the Dem majority come up with, we get to blame the entire GOP? I love it!!!

Or are you going to put it all on Obama and the Dems for the 2010 and 2012 elections? My bet is you will not be asking the GOP to share blame. I've never seen you guys do this in my 30 years of watching politics. But I do see you asking the Dems to share in the GOP's faulures all the time.

New Topics

Forum List

Back