Unemployment - Highest in 30 Years But BO Sees Glimmers of Hope?

Burp

Always carry, never tell
Jan 22, 2009
California and North Carolina in March posted their highest jobless rates in at least three decades, as unemployment increased in all but a handful of states during the month, the Labor Department said Friday.

California's unemployment rate jumped to 11.2% in March, while North Carolina rose to 10.8%, the highest for both since the U.S. government began a comprehensive tally of state joblessness in 1976.

The state-by-state employment figures showed only a few states avoiding the deterioration seen nationwide. Unemployment rose in 46 states during the month, and 12 states plus the District of Columbia posted unemployment rates in March that were significantly higher than the 8.5% nationwide figure the government released earlier this month.

Jobless Rate Climbs in 46 States, With California at 11.2% - WSJ.com

-----

BARACK Obama says he can detect bright "signs of economic progress" on a dark horizon, while warning there is "much more work to be done" before the US is safe from the storm that has thrown millions out of jobs and homes.

"Times are still tough," the US President said yesterday. "But from where we stand, for the very first time, we are beginning to see glimmers of hope."

Barack Obama sees first glimmer of hope | The Australian

You know he keeps claiming that he inherited the problem. I wonder just how much him getting elected was a huge drop in confidence and resulted in noone feeling as if the country had a future for the next 4 years.

You know he keeps claiming that he inherited the problem. I wonder just how much him getting elected was a huge drop in confidence and resulted in noone feeling as if the country had a future for the next 4 years.

With President Bush inspiring so much confidence, I'm sure that was it. And using that same logic, we can safely blame Bush for causing the stock market crash and recession in 2001.

Last edited:

With President Bush inspiring so much confidence, I'm sure that was it. And using that same logic, we can safely blame Bush for causing the stock market crash and recession in 2001.

The logic escapes me. Probably most others too.

It should. It's the same screwed up logic that attempts to blame Obama for this mess.

I love these kinds of threads.

It sucks to lose an election doesn't it?

It should. It's the same screwed up logic that attempts to blame Obama for this mess.

It is his mess and he owns it. I don't see anything turning around so far except how much babies owe the government. Well unless you are a Wall St. cronie of course.

It is his mess and he owns it. I don't see anything turning around so far except how much babies owe the government. Well unless you are a Wall St. cronie of course.

Ridiculous.

Bush and Phil Gramm got us into this mess.

Nice try at deflection, however. It won't work. The American people are smarter than that.

Ridiculous.

Bush and Phil Gramm got us into this mess.

Nice try at deflection, however. It won't work. The American people are smarter than that.

really .....what law did bush sign or veto.......what law did gramm sign or veto....

Forum List

Back