Unemployment Going To 12-13%?

And moaning and crying and crying and complaining and bitching and moaning will get you where? Where will that get you? Are those working buying? Seems not as stores, restaurants are empty and offering all sorts of incentives. We recently bought a Buick made in Michigan and have been out shopping and eating out. People put up or STFU. And stop shopping where they fluck over American workers.

Thumbs up Day – Political Pass
Buy American - Support Yourself – Political Pass

MadeInUSA - Home- Recycling American Dollars Through Patriotic Spending
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made
UAW Made Products
http://shopunionmade.org/
UNION BUILT PC - CONTACT US
https://unionbuiltpc.com/netbook_ubu100.php

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/89814-random-musings-on-american-jobs.html

You are free to blow your wad on expendables, it is still a relatively free country. Have fun!!

Interesting. As a non-union craftmen in a Russian owned steel mill, my salary starts at an hourly wage about $6 an hour below union wages. However, we have a generous profit participation plan that allow the company to have lower labor costs in bad times, and pay very high wages in good times. So, this year, only working a 40 hr. week, I will only make 50K, half of what I made last year. Hurts? Yes, but I have a job, and the benefits are as good as they get.

Look, we need to revamp the whole way we look at the labor and management situation. Right now, management, in all too many companies, get bonuses and high salaries, no matter how well or poorly the company does. That resembles the old Soviet Communism far more than Adam Smith's capitalism.
And all too many companies seem to regard the man on the factory floor as just another cog that can be replaced like a peice of machinery. That is no more true than saying all managers are the same.

The constant denigration of the man on the factory floor as a brainless lumpenprol that can be replaced at will only shows that person saying that has never worked on a factory floor. Where I work, it takes five years for most just to learn all the computer codes to operate the simpler machinery. Then the individual problems associated with each machine is another whole matter.
A real dummy does not last 6 weeks.

Did you know those wonderful benefits, that cadillac plan you have for health insurance is going to be taxed and taxed heavily to pay for national healthcare?

Then tell them to make the products better. ;) It's a simple formula that drives capitalism ... good product .... affordable cots .... equals more sales .... bad product ... at too high a price ... equals no sales.

Do you mean to say that forcing an auto manufacturer to pay Union wages of $70K+ per year plus Cadillac level bennies for unskilled or at best medium skilled labor does not lead to lower product prices? :lol: :clap2:

If she didn't, then I am. Unions were good in their day, but now, no. They have demanded too high a price on their products to pay for un-skilled labor and their benefit packages. Example, the end of American car companies, Michigan in a mess.

You can not hire a high school graduate, pay them wages that a college graduate can't make, pay all of their health, dental insurance, guarantee a pension at 90% of their wages and expect them to remain competitive and stay in business. The foriegn companies will have you for lunch.:cuckoo:

Toro the negative impact of cap and trade alone is likely to push us toward levels of unemployment we haven't seen since the Great Depression. As for the current rally? Chalk it up primarily to supply and demand the government supplied more money and players are spending it.

Not only that, productivity is up, that's because companies are doing more with less. There is no such thing as a jobless recovery, eventually it's gonna come back and bite you in the ass.

Chalk it up primarily to supply and demand the goverment supplied more money and the GOVERNMENT is spending it.

It's a ponsi scheme, I pay you $100 to dig a hole in my yard, you pay me $100 to dig one in yours and we call it growth in GDP.:lol::lol:

Then tell them to make the products better. ;) It's a simple formula that drives capitalism ... good product .... affordable cots .... equals more sales .... bad product ... at too high a price ... equals no sales.

Do you mean to say that forcing an auto manufacturer to pay Union wages of $70K+ per year plus Cadillac level bennies for unskilled or at best medium skilled labor does not lead to lower product prices? :lol: :clap2:

Why yes, I am.

Our Buick is number one in quality ahead of Lexus - which ironically ain't cheap - our tools are guaranteed for life, and all the other products are just fine. Now tell me why people buy cheap crap from China that is unsafe (medicine wallboard lead toys) or buy cars made in China. Simple answer, they are cheaper than supporting your own nation and are subsidized by their nations who have UHC etc etc.

but Obama said it wouldn't go past 8% if we passed the stimulus?

No way he was wrong...

Forum List

Back