unemployment fix

gswraider

Rookie
Mar 12, 2012
tell me what you think of this idea, people on unemployment have to report to their local community service and do 4 hours a week in order to qualify for their check. This would help clean our communities and its not much to sacrifice since your being paid to do nothing. if you multiply the unemployment people by four hours this would definitely help out the nation without having to pay more taxes to do so. Although people might say that the logistics on this would be expensive i think that with already established community service offices that it shouldn't be a hard transition.

At first blush, 4 hours of community service for the Unemployed sounds like a good idea. It is very easy to stagnate and become paralyzed with self-pity when you are out of work. The hardest part of looking for a job is pulling yourself away from the TV and getting your ass off the couch.

Having to go to a pseudo-job would help to maintain a good habit.

The logistics would be quite challenging, however.

Forced labor to receive something that people paid into as a form of insurance?

At first blush, 4 hours of community service for the Unemployed sounds like a good idea. It is very easy to stagnate and become paralyzed with self-pity when you are out of work. The hardest part of looking for a job is pulling yourself away from the TV and getting your ass off the couch.

Having to go to a pseudo-job would help to maintain a good habit.

The logistics would be quite challenging, however.

I say shorten everybody's work week to 35 hours and see where eveyone fit's best. Of course there wouldn't be a need to do highly skilled, technical or engineering jobs that way but a large percentage could enter the work force and share in the good times again.

I was in DC when a program commonly referred to as "Workfare" was proposed. It addressed welfare recipients and suggested that they perform some community service in order to "earn" their checks. It was struck down because such a program only "enslaved" those on the public dole.

It might work if such a program was made voluntary. Or perhaps increase unemployment benefits to those who would voluntarily participate in a public service program.
There is the point that, while working, you are forced to pay unemployment insurance intended to cover the contingency should you become unemployed. But unemployment payments are also not meant to be your sole means of support for years.

tell me what you think of this idea, people on unemployment have to report to their local community service and do 4 hours a week in order to qualify for their check. This would help clean our communities and its not much to sacrifice since your being paid to do nothing. if you multiply the unemployment people by four hours this would definitely help out the nation without having to pay more taxes to do so. Although people might say that the logistics on this would be expensive i think that with already established community service offices that it shouldn't be a hard transition.

Yeah right, progressives would call that slavery...

Not to mention progressives would get bent considering union workers do those jobs for 45 bucks an hour.

If we put those on unemployment or welfare to work the unions would stomp their feet and throw a fit..

You mean people should work to get what want? Crazy idea. Im sure someone said that at some point. Now who was it?

Oh yeah. Some guy names God.

I was in DC when a program commonly referred to as "Workfare" was proposed. It addressed welfare recipients and suggested that they perform some community service in order to "earn" their checks. It was struck down because such a program only "enslaved" those on the public dole.

It might work if such a program was made voluntary. Or perhaps increase unemployment benefits to those who would voluntarily participate in a public service program.
There is the point that, while working, you are forced to pay unemployment insurance intended to cover the contingency should you become unemployed. But unemployment payments are also not meant to be your sole means of support for years.

I can not speak to every state, However in Washington the employee doesnt pay a single dime. He does pay a very small fraction on L&I.

Yeah right, progressives would call that slavery...

Not to mention progressives would get bent considering union workers do those jobs for 45 bucks an hour.

If we put those on unemployment or welfare to work the unions would stomp their feet and throw a fit..

Takes money away from them that they think belongs to them...or rather thier 'Oganizers'...:eusa_whistle:

You mean people should work to get what want? Crazy idea. Im sure someone said that at some point. Now who was it?

Indeed. God didn't appreciate sloth, did he?

Nope. He made the standard pretty clear. Work 6 days. Rest on the 7th.

"10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." (2 Thess. 3:10)

I say shorten everybody's work week to 35 hours and see where eveyone fit's best.

That's a horrible idea. Why make people take home even less money? Lately, I've been thinking how I'd like overtime laws to change so that I can work 45 hrs a week before getting overtime. My boss rarely allows overtime, and would rather have someone sent home early and suffer through a couple hours of being understaffed, than let anyone hit overtime. There have been several times in the past few weeks where I could have picked up a half day shift just to help cover a staffing shortage for a day, but was not able to because it would put me in overtime.

"10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." (2 Thess. 3:10)

Basic rule of life...careful though? YOU and I will be accused of wanting a 'Theocracy' demanding people work for what they get. :eusa_shhh::eusa_whistle:

Onto the OP, it's kinda a very silly idea. It would be much cheaper for the government to hire people full time to do those jobs, and no longer have to pay unemployment, than to pay people the same amount of money for only 4 hours of work a week.

Oh........the old bastard said a lot more than that. I feel sorry for anyone who actually cares about the ancient bullshit in the bible.

There are forty-two death-penalty sins in the Old Testament:

Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.

Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.

Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
2:15,19.

Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.

Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.

Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.

Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.

Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.

Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.

Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.

Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.

Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.

Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.

Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.

Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.

Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in

uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.

Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.

Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.

Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.

Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.

Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.

Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.

Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.

Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.

Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.

Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.

Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.

Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.

Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.

Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.

Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.

Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.

Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.

Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.

Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.

False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.

Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.

Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.

Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.

Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.

Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.

False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

Forum List

Back