Unemployment Drops to 5.1 Percent—For Government Workers; Lowest Among All Industries

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well, I for one am glad that I am employed by the feds, but god help the rest. Tough luck eh?Maybe we should just give everyone gov. jobs, or hey, let the feds pay all state salaries? ....wait a minute:mad:

Unemployment Drops to 5.1 Percent—For Government Workers; Lowest Among All Industries

(CNSNews.com) - There was good news for American workers in August—if government was their employer.

The unemployment rate for government wage and salaries workers dropped from 5.7 percent in July to 5.1 percent in August. At the same time, the number of government wage and salary workers counted as unemployed dropped by 123,000 people from 1,182,000 in July to 1,059,000 in August.

The overall national unemployment rate was 8.1 percent in August.

more at-
Unemployment Drops to 5.1 Percent

Not to mention most have continued to get annual wage increases to boot.
Meanwhile in the private sector...153,000 fewer jobs "created" this year than YTD 2011.
Wages have fallen, not risen. And underemployment is the now normal situation for many-many people.

well, I for one am glad that I am employed by the feds, but god help the rest. Tough luck eh?Maybe we should just give everyone gov. jobs, or hey, let the feds pay all state salaries? ....wait a minute:mad:

(CNSNews.com) - There was good news for American workers in August—if government was their employer.

The unemployment rate for government wage and salaries workers dropped from 5.7 percent in July to 5.1 percent in August. At the same time, the number of government wage and salary workers counted as unemployed dropped by 123,000 people from 1,182,000 in July to 1,059,000 in August.

The overall national unemployment rate was 8.1 percent in August.

more at-
Unemployment Drops to 5.1 Percent

since government workers make about twice the competitive rate you cut their pay in half, double the government workforce, not cost the taxpayer a dime, and end the depression!!

Forum List

Back