Unemployment Curiosity

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
I'm curious, what is the unemployment rate in the city or county where you live.
No need to state the location, just the number.

11.3% where I live.

I'm curious, what is the unemployment rate in the city or county where you live.
No need to state the location, just the number.

11.3% where I live.

Officially, it's almost 15% here on the Treasure Coast of FL, but it 'feels' like it's getting better recently.

Seattle ... 11.5% and spiking ... we lost Boeing in October.

so I didn't read too much about it, been busy. Are they shutting down one of the campuses or whatever?

No, a majority of the plants are moving to another city ... thanks to our unions being asshats and the huge increase in cost of business here due to regulations. They finalized it earlier this week, and most of the machinists will be out of work now.

Seattle ... 11.5% and spiking ... we lost Boeing in October.

so I didn't read too much about it, been busy. Are they shutting down one of the campuses or whatever?

No, a majority of the plants are moving to another city ... thanks to our unions being asshats and the huge increase in cost of business here due to regulations. They finalized it earlier this week, and most of the machinists will be out of work now.

It ain't just another city, it's another state.
Rumor has it that SC is the place.

I know they just signed a deal last year to stay here I believe.
I wonder how my cousin is going to fair? He is an engineer for Boeing, my grandma was over tonight and she would have said something.

Well ... Boeing here was spread out over a few cities, so Seattle wasn't the only one hit by this move, but yeah, you know what I meant. ;)

I heard that part but I haven't watched the news a lot recently.

Forum List

Back