Unemployment Claims drop sharply

deflection:

and you called me the idiot
:lol:
what a fucking MORON you are
this isnt talking about unemployment RATES
its CLAIMS
you pathetic moron

True but the OP is in fact about UEI claims.

So? The fact of the matter is that while over half the folks posting incorrectly imagine that unemployment stats rely on whether folks are receiving unemployment benefits that is purely a myth.

Unemployment stats are compiled using a survey and whether u r receiving benefits is not one of the questions on the survey.

But no one but you is talking about Unemployment levels. The thread is about Unemployment Insurance Claims. That's a weekly report from Dept of Labor (not BLS).

So the numbers under discussion, UI claims, will absolutely be affected by length of time and eligibility etc.

Trust me, I'm the first one to bitch people out for thinking the UE rate is based on UI benefits.

In the mean time Welfare and food stamp roles grow.......

and the level of 'poverty' as they calculate it.... and I have to say, the media just doesn't leave that alone, yes poverty is the highest since ww2, but they just keep bringing it up and blaming obama....the man cannot get a break.. you know?:rolleyes:

I am far more concerned about the lack of a central clearing house for the number of people living solely on food stamps and charity as their only income than I am about initial UEI claims.

its CLAIMS
you pathetic moron

I had a brain fart day. I didn't bother to read the OP, but as ironic as it gets all of ya'll were still wrong about the very point I was focused on.

The data wasn't about unemployment stats but about new unemployment claims. Which are also unaffected by folks dropping off the unemployment benefits wagon.

The lesson here is odd: even when I am absolutely 100% wrong, I am still right while you are dead wrong in both scenarios. Must really suck to be you.

And in both cases fully half the folks posting were completely delusional and reaffirming one another like a circle jerkito.

its CLAIMS
you pathetic moron

I had a brain fart day. I didn't bother to read the OP, but as ironic as it gets all of ya'll were still wrong about the very point I was focused on.

The data wasn't about unemployment stats but about new unemployment claims. Which are also unaffected by folks dropping off the unemployment benefits wagon.

The lesson here is odd: even when I am absolutely 100% wrong, I am still right while you are dead wrong in both scenarios. Must really suck to be you.

And in both cases fully half the folks posting were completely delusional and reaffirming one another like a circle jerkito.
apology accepted

I am far more concerned about the lack of a central clearing house for the number of people living solely on food stamps and charity as their only income than I am about initial UEI claims.

post your data and sources.
That's the problem I am talking about. The 50 state bureaucracies collect different data and publish at odd times. In a slow news cycle some reporter's best guess as to the number after calling or going online to all 50 state agencies and putting the numbers together is all anyone has to work with now. We need to talk pinqy or some other stat geek to get on the case in a pinned thread. USMB would become the nation's source for that data if that happened. But I suspect it would be 6-12 months before his smiling face showed up as a talking head on our TV screens as THE expert on the subject of food stamp poverty.

The official data is the official data.

This single stat doesn't tell us the whole story, but it's part of it and its useful to study it, too.

That the moving average of filings is going down is a hopeful sign.

But it isn't the whole story.

An important part of the story, and an indication of the economy, is the number of people that are finding jobs. And do the jobs that they find pay equal to the jobs that they lost? When you have to take a lessor paying job, while prices for food, fuel, ect. continue to rise, the economy as a whole takes a hit.

Can we all agree that the macro economy is at least as complex as the machinations of an airplane?

yes?

Well...

Depending one ONE STATISTIC to tell us what's going on with our macroo-economy makes about as much sense as trying to fly an airplane using nothing but the altimeter.

While initial claims are certainly not affected by running out of benefites, continuing claims, which were also under discussion and also in the report are, by definition, affected by people no longer collecting.

Forum List

Back