Unemployment Claims drop sharply

I don't know that I would call it a sharp drop and increasingly the number being cited is detached from the reality of employment. Most unemployment is in temporary workers and independent contractors who are not covered by unemployment claims.

It will likely drop every month for the next several. That's what happens when you have over 10% of your population unemployed for close to a year. Eventually, the benefits end :(

My son decided after 11 months to head for Germany and look for work, in the mean time he started talking to his German girlfriend from 15 years ago and ended up not only moving to Germany but getting a job and getting married there. I doubt he'll be back.

Over all the numbers are still terrible. No matter how it is twisted.

It will likely drop every month for the next several. That's what happens when you have over 10% of your population unemployed for close to a year. Eventually, the benefits end :(
Add in discouraged workers and the gaps between official data and reality just keeps widening.

yup, there are a whole slew of '99er's' coming up on benefits termination...

If 1/8th 12.5% of the population is on food stamps and people on UEI generally are ineligible for food stamps then something is wrong with this picture. last I heard 12.5% was greater than 9.6%

If we still made much stuff sold for Christmas here unemployment would traditionally be going down about now.

Might get a few temporary retail sales jobs going though.

Do you realize that if you are on unemployment and accept a job and it only lasts say 5 months and you go on unemployment again you lose about half of your weekly benefits?

Do you realize that if you are on unemployment and accept a job and it only lasts say 5 months and you go on unemployment again you lose about half of your weekly benefits?
actually, i think it has to be 6 months
it might vary by state

I didn't know that, but it sounds like a good incentive to not look for work.

Forum List

Back