Unemployment By The Numbers

So you will continue to support those guilty of accessory to murder.

No guessing what type of moral character you have.............................

I came from west Tennessee...born during the depression. I know what the Republican party stands for and who they accomodate. My mother brainwashed all us kids to be Republicans but the last time I voted for one was Reagan for his second term. I'll never vote for another one if I live to 100. They've been against social security since the day FDR signed it into law. They don't think a poor person should even have a place in our country. At the same time they are bad mouthing illegal immigrants they hire them right and left for cheap labor. I wouldn't trust one of them in the shithouse with a mask on.

Michelle Bachman placed the entire Republican mantra into play recently when she quoted the bible, "Them That Work Eat And Them That Don't Don't" or whatever that ancient bunch of myths and fables actually says. What about the sick, what about the elderly, what about orphans, what about crippled people. You could take all the compassion in the entire Republican party and it wouldn't fill a thimble.

And yet the demoncrats are champions of the poor right? and they don't do a damn thing for themm.. know how I know????? cause they still poor.. all they do is get dummies like you to vote them into office, then they line their pockets with the wealth and you still poor.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm poor!!!

I retired 17 years ago from a company I worked for 41 years. I have a decent pension and draw social security. My wife works a part time job as a senior web master for SAIC. She's eligible for social security but she loves her work. Between the two of us we make about $75,000 a year. We live in a 4br brick rancher with about 2500 sq. ft. on a 1 1-2 acre lot and we have 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock and a pontoon boat and have a well pump submerged in the lake for irrigation. She drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar and I just bought a new 2011 F-150 truck in June. We're poor as Job's turkey.

Are you a teen ager......five of my eight grandchildren are teen agers and they're all smarter than you.

Last edited:
I came from west Tennessee...born during the depression. I know what the Republican party stands for and who they accomodate. My mother brainwashed all us kids to be Republicans but the last time I voted for one was Reagan for his second term. I'll never vote for another one if I live to 100. They've been against social security since the day FDR signed it into law. They don't think a poor person should even have a place in our country. At the same time they are bad mouthing illegal immigrants they hire them right and left for cheap labor. I wouldn't trust one of them in the shithouse with a mask on.

Michelle Bachman placed the entire Republican mantra into play recently when she quoted the bible, "Them That Work Eat And Them That Don't Don't" or whatever that ancient bunch of myths and fables actually says. What about the sick, what about the elderly, what about orphans, what about crippled people. You could take all the compassion in the entire Republican party and it wouldn't fill a thimble.

And yet the demoncrats are champions of the poor right? and they don't do a damn thing for themm.. know how I know????? cause they still poor.. all they do is get dummies like you to vote them into office, then they line their pockets with the wealth and you still poor.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm poor!!!

I retired 17 years ago from a company I worked for 41 years. I have a decent pension and draw social security. My wife works a part time job as a senior web master for SAIC. She's eligible for social security but she loves her work. Between the two of us we make about $75,000 a year. We live in a 4br brick rancher with about 2500 sq. ft. on a 1 1-2 acre lot and we have 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock and a pontoon boat and have a well pump submerged in the lake for irrigation. She drives a 2009 Lincoln Towncar and I just bought a new 2011 F-150 truck in June. We're poor as Job's turkey.

Are you a teen ager......five of my eight grandchildren are teen agers and they're all smarter than you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so you are not a 99%.. we got it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but you izzzzzz a hypocrite.

I'm poor!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so you are not a 99%.. we got it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but you izzzzzz a hypocrite.

Oh I posted it here at least twice. If I was 15 years younger I would pack up some camping gear and go join the movement. I would just pretend I was back in the army on bivouac. Were you in the military....................

Last edited:
Except for the great depression they all look better than now!

If you look at this and fail to see what happened I feel for you. The exact same thing happened in the early 30's and it took eight years to begin to see daylight. Remember that Obama didn't assume the white house until January 2009 and Roosevelt didn't assume it till January 1933.

Portal Seven | U6 Unemployment Rate

Employment was fine till the Dems took back congress. This didn't happen by accident.

The economy was never as bad as Obama claimed, but it's not getting any better because he refuses to do his job.

He hasn't produced a serious budget. The Department of Defense has been waiting for 3 years for him to fill vacant positions. We're currently waiting for him to start funding the new fiscal year that began October 1.

He's busy campaigning and traveling around the world while the Super-committee is doing his for him, and failing miserably at it. Incidentally: The only reason we're seeing anything positive is because he's not involved. Congress can't do anything because if anybody comes to a consensus their base will abandon them.

This all reflects on Obama's inexperience and lack of leadership ability. Bush decided that trying to work with a hostile congress was useless so he focused on the war. Obama is hostile toward the GOP, he's making enemies at home and abroad with his reckless rhetoric and he's become the problem instead of the solution. So all he's accomplishing is pissing everyone off.

The only reason Obama isn't the focus of constant ridicule is because the media isn't doing their jobs by holding his feet to the fire. Independents are abandoning him yet he still has a chance because the media constantly dreams up scandals on each GOP frontrunner as they gain prominence. Several of them are immensely better suited for the job but this gets drowned out by rumors and fake sexual-harassment claims.

Last edited:
What a stupid fucking thread.

Hoover was a Progressive liberal, Big spender and started the New Deal… You don’t mention the guy right after him, FDR, who expanded on the New Deal and spent more despite 12 years of a Great Depression until he basically died and someone else cut spending/taxes. You don’t mention Harding/Coolidge for a reason.

In the end as someone else mentioned all the numbers you provided past Hoover are better than the great Obama. Funny to note is the fact that last month the UE number went down despite only 80k jobs created… How was that even possible? Oh yeah, they make the numbers up as they go, we don’t even count UE like we used to and for good reason… The real UE number is around 16-18%.

This is not a matter of Dem VS Republican, they both got us here but what you need to realize is both of them (Bush/Obama) did it by growing Government dramatically.

If you look at this and fail to see what happened I feel for you. The exact same thing happened in the early 30's and it took eight years to begin to see daylight. Remember that Obama didn't assume the white house until January 2009 and Roosevelt didn't assume it till January 1933.

Employment was fine till the Dems took back congress. This didn't happen by accident.

The economy was never as bad as Obama claimed, but it's not getting any better because he refuses to do his job.

He hasn't produced a serious budget. The Department of Defense has been waiting for 3 years for him to fill vacant positions. We're currently waiting for him to start funding the new fiscal year that began October 1.

He's busy campaigning and traveling around the world while the Super-committee is doing his for him, and failing miserably at it. Incidentally: The only reason we're seeing anything positive is because he's not involved.

LMAO!! Surely you jest. Wall Street and their using a formula for home mortages which included an increase in home values 6% a year to perpituity and then stamping bundles of junk mortgages with a triple A rating and giving bonuses to anyone who could write more of them and selling them all over the world is what started the crash and consequently massive unemployment. I don't blame you...I would look for something to blame it on besides the Bush administration if I was a Republican. You people and Fox News would climb a tree to tell a lie before you would stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Just curious...do you ever read any of the big newspapers or watch any channel except FOX

He's busy campaigning and traveling around the world while the Super-committee is doing his for him, and failing miserably at it. Incidentally: The only reason we're seeing anything positive is because he's not involved.

LMAO!! Surely you jest. Wall Street and their using a formula for home mortages which included an increase in home values 6% a year to perpituity and then stamping bundles of junk mortgages with a triple A rating and giving bonuses to anyone who could write more of them and selling them all over the world is what started the crash and consequently massive unemployment. I don't blame you...I would look for something to blame it on besides the Bush administration if I was a Republican. You people and Fox News would climb a tree to tell a lie before you would stand on the ground and tell the truth.

Just curious...do you ever read any of the big newspapers or watch any channel except FOX

How do you blame Bush for that again?

The main problem was the bail outs, if there were no bail outs then the market would have adjusted rather than what we got. What we ended up with was banks getting bail out by the GOVERNMENT (Bush/Obama/Dems/Reps), then the banks tighten their belts and keep charging you for your house above value. Banks would have had to re-figure mortgages to what people can pay or just go bankrupt if there were no bail-outs, meaning people would have owed ZERO on their home as there would be no one to collect.

This is not rocket science here.

The main problem was the bail outs, if there were no bail outs then the market would have adjusted rather than what we got. What we ended up with was banks getting bail out by the GOVERNMENT (Bush/Obama/Dems/Reps), then the banks tighten their belts and keep charging you for your house above value. Banks would have had to re-figure mortgages to what people can pay or just go bankrupt if there were no bail-outs, meaning people would have owed ZERO on their home as there would be no one to collect.

You're nuts. All that mortgage BS was not being regulated and the SEC didn't even understand what they were doing. Actually there's still a lot of leftover bullshit out there. Go to Google and look up a formula which is supposed to explain derivitives. A week or two ago I watched a documentary and this newsman went to Wall Street and asked several of their experts to explain derivitives. Not a one of them could even though they knew they were supposed to be able to and they tried. Talk about some red faces.

I've always heard an old saying which basically says, "If You Don't Know Something, Try To Baffle Them With Bullshit......"Whatta' Ya' Got To Lose" That's exactly what every one of them tried to do but got caught up in their own bullshit.

Hank Paulson, George Bush and Ben Bernanke are the ones who started the bailouts. They're the ones who failed to write any kind of restrictions or guidelines about how the banks had to use the money. That's why the banks continued to hand out healthy bonuses even after accepting nearly a trillion dollars of bailout money.

They approached the congress and told them the sky was falling and if something wasn't completed with a few days the entire financial system of the United States would collapse. Go read about it...I feel sure you'll enjoy the story.

Last edited:

Perhaps, but Hoover did exactly what FDR and the drones in this forum endorse: He raised taxes, raised government spending and meddling in the economy.

Bush also did exactly what Obama and all the drones advocate.

LMAO! Typical Right Winger...don't give a goddam how many people are unemployed. The rates have hovered around 9% for over two years. It was on it's way up when Obama took office and it never slowed. Just curious...did you even click on the chart in my post?

IN all previous recessions unemployment spiked and then rapidly decreased. Only under Obama and FDR has it lingered on for an extended period of time.

Don't you turds think that's sufficient evidence for you to reevaluate your imbecile economic theories about the efficacy of government attempts to "stimulate" the economy?

LMAO! Typical Right Winger...don't give a goddam how many people are unemployed. The rates have hovered around 9% for over two years. It was on it's way up when Obama took office and it never slowed. Just curious...did you even click on the chart in my post?

IN all previous recessions unemployment spiked and then rapidly decreased. Only under Obama and FDR has it lingered on for an extended period of time.

Don't you turds think that's sufficient evidence for you to reevaluate your imbecile economic theories about the efficacy of government attempts to "stimulate" the economy?

Do the Math: An Investors Graph

In all previous recessions home values were fairly stable. This whole thing happened because the mortgages and home values went to hell...or didn't you notice

People are still losing their homes today...as we speak.

Last edited:

Do the Math: An Investors Graph

Good chart: You should have posted it:

090225-dow-1992-2008-3sA.jpg
090225-dow-1992-2008-3sB.jpg

In all previous recessions home values were fairly stable. This whole thing happened because the mortgages and home values went to hell...or didn't you notice

Every recession/depression has some unique collection of causal events, but they are all manifestation of the same thing: credit expansion by the federal government.

That doesn't get Obama off the hook.

Last edited:

You're nuts. All that mortgage BS was not being regulated and the SEC didn't even understand what they were doing. Actually there's still a lot of leftover bullshit out there. Go to Google and look up a formula which is supposed to explain derivitives. A week or two ago I watched a documentary and this newsman went to Wall Street and asked several of their experts to explain derivitives. Not a one of them could even though they knew they were supposed to be able to and they tried. Talk about some red faces.

I've always heard an old saying which basically says, "If You Don't Know Something, Try To Baffle Them With Bullshit......"Whatta' Ya' Got To Lose" That's exactly what every one of them tried to do but got caught up in their own bullshit.

Hank Paulson, George Bush and Ben Bernanke are the ones who started the bailouts. They're the ones who failed to write any kind of restrictions or guidelines about how the banks had to use the money. That's why the banks continued to hand out healthy bonuses even after accepting nearly a trillion dollars of bailout money.

They approached the congress and told them the sky was falling and if something wasn't completed with a few days the entire financial system of the United States would collapse. Go read about it...I feel sure you'll enjoy the story.

Soooooooooo you didn't answer my question then talked about something else...

Didn't Clinton do some major deregulation in there? Yes Bush started the Bail outs as I talked about, Obama helped them along...

They figure that because they're so smart and so special it will work this time.:eusa_angel:

Ether that or they don't give a flying fuck and instead are growing government and investing their millions accordingly.

If you ever wonder how someone gets into Congress and the White House poor and leaves rich as shit.....well, it's small wonder.

Every recession/depression has some unique collection of causal events, but they are all manifestation of the same thing: credit expansion by the federal government.

That doesn't get Obama off the hook.

Yeah...the only way we're gonna' get Obama off the hook is re elect him. What the hell are you people gonna cry about then. Let's see...he's not a Muslim, He WAS born in the United States, He does have a birth certificate, He's not gay, He graduated from Harvard Magna Cum Laude, He can remember words with more than two syllables, He never has been divorced from two or three wives, He was behind the bosses desk when Osama Bin Laden was killed, stayed out of Libya and got what he wanted without ever putting a boot on the ground, is ending the troop committment to Iraq, etc. What the hell are you gonna' do..............what the hell are you gonna' say................

Forum List

Back